Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette

Pioneer head unit in a C6?

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2022, 03:26 PM
SPSandman
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 217 Likes on 180 Posts

Originally Posted by torquetube
I'm not referring to the OP's install. I was replying to SPSandman, who said his brackets were mislabeled.
They are mislabeled. Left should be driver side and right should be passenger side.

It fits perfectly.

Originally Posted by BC70
There's only one way they work so it's stage left and stage right.
The new kit looks much better but the texture is a little off. Not as noticeable while driving today in the sun but I wasn't really paying attention to it so I guess it's not glaringly mismatched. Sound is great but I'm little goofy things about the radio that's more annoying than anything else. I guess that's expected at this price point.

I'm not crazy about the backup cam being off center but it's not bad and much better than not having one at all
Yeah left and right should definitely be flipped. It was absolutely the only way they would go together as they slide into the front bezel to lock things up.

I tried that location with the Boyo, but couldn't deal with the off center view on the backup camera. Definitely throws things off. I used the flat license mount and got it as close to center without impacting the open button. It does cover the key hole, but easy enough to slide over enough to reach if I get locked out.

Last edited by SPSandman; 08-12-2022 at 06:18 PM.
Old 01-23-2023, 12:11 PM
thing1
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Do you remember which model they sent you? Just ran into the same issue with my Pioneer 2770 and the crutchfield contact I spoke with said that the metra is the only one they show to fit the stereo.

Quick Reply: Pioneer head unit in a C6?