C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Master Brake Cylinder Bleeding, Again

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2011, 10:30 AM
CD66Vett
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Master Brake Cylinder Bleeding, Again

I just purchased a new master cylinder from Paragon for my 1966 coupe. There was a tag attached to it which stated and I quote "WARNING, Due to the OEM seal design on this cylinder, you should not attempt to bench bleed prior to installation." This does not make sense to me and goes against everything I have learned. Does any body have any feedback on what is being conveyed about the master brake cylinder? Thanks in advance
Old 03-11-2011, 10:50 AM
Plasticman
Race Director

Received 529 Likes on 379 Posts

Originally Posted by CD66Vett
I just purchased a new master cylinder from Paragon for my 1966 coupe. There was a tag attached to it which stated and I quote "WARNING, Due to the OEM seal design on this cylinder, you should not attempt to bench bleed prior to installation." This does not make sense to me and goes against everything I have learned. Does any body have any feedback on what is being conveyed about the master brake cylinder? Thanks in advance
I would be on the horn to Paragon...............

I have heard that when bleeding some m/cylinder designs, that if the push rod is pushed too far during bench bleeding, the seals can being damaged.

Plasticman

Last edited by Plasticman; 03-11-2011 at 10:53 AM.
Old 03-11-2011, 10:55 AM
prestige6
Melting Slicks

Received 90 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by CD66Vett
I had the same thing....Put it on fill it and start bleeding normal.Worked fine for me..
Old 03-11-2011, 10:58 AM
Frankie the Fink
Team Owner

Received 7,091 Likes on 4,740 Posts
Army

Originally Posted by prestige6
I had the same thing....Put it on fill it and start bleeding normal.Worked fine for me..
Absolutely!

I don't know why this keeps coming up...you CAN bleed the master cylinder in the car through the normal method. I've ALWAYS done it that way until just a few years ago.
No big deal...
Old 03-11-2011, 01:56 PM
DansYellow66
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,698 Likes on 2,013 Posts

Originally Posted by Frankie the Fink
Absolutely!

I don't know why this keeps coming up...you CAN bleed the master cylinder in the car through the normal method. I've ALWAYS done it that way until just a few years ago.
No big deal...
Yeah - I don't remember bench bleeding being such an issue years ago. It's like it's part of some religious cerimony with installing a master cylinder these days.

Get notified of new replies

To Master Brake Cylinder Bleeding, Again

Quick Reply: Master Brake Cylinder Bleeding, Again