C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Capacitors mounted behind the gages?

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2011, 10:35 PM
splidecision63
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by flyeri
Pilot Dan, Please tell me about the iPod conversion. I am removing the cheap radio previously installed and want to put a amp in the storage box and a couple 6x9 speakers in enclosures in the back and just hook up the iPod or iPad. Thanks from one pilot to another.
Not to hijack Dan post, but if you are looking for a ipod radio, classic radio makes one that looks identical to the C2's radio. I have one hooked to an amp and it will blow you out of the car. Now, I want to go back with the original radio in my 63, sincce it is a num bers matching car.. I paid 550.00 in Carlisle, Pa for it last year, if you are interested in one, I will sell mine for 500.00.
Thanks and Merry Christmas.
George
Old 12-22-2011, 11:14 PM
flyeri
Drifting

Received 118 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by splidecision63
Not to hijack Dan post, but if you are looking for a ipod radio, classic radio makes one that looks identical to the C2's radio. I have one hooked to an amp and it will blow you out of the car. Now, I want to go back with the original radio in my 63, sincce it is a num bers matching car.. I paid 550.00 in Carlisle, Pa for it last year, if you are interested in one, I will sell mine for 500.00.
Thanks and Merry Christmas.
George
Thanks, but i don't really want a radio at all. I have a 68 anyway.
Old 12-23-2011, 02:17 AM
Pilot Dan
Le Mans Master

Received 432 Likes on 322 Posts

Originally Posted by flyeri
Pilot Dan, Please tell me about the iPod conversion. I am removing the cheap radio previously installed and want to put a amp in the storage box and a couple 6x9 speakers in enclosures in the back and just hook up the iPod or iPad. Thanks from one pilot to another.
I was referring to taking a stock GM tube radio and converting it to solid state with an input for an IPOD. That's what I have and it works great.
Old 12-23-2011, 08:20 AM
flyeri
Drifting

Received 118 Likes on 103 Posts

Thanks
Old 12-24-2011, 09:51 AM
Steve59
Drifting

Received 45 Likes on 37 Posts

I took out my original working Wonderbar radio from my 59 and placed it in storage. I bought a junk radio and had Mike Hagan convert it to solid state. It's AM/FM with inputs in the back. Looks old and original from the front. You will also need to change the speaker.

Quick Reply: Capacitors mounted behind the gages?