C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Any One used Corvette Parts World

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2014, 04:37 PM
Dale002
Melting Slicks

Received 84 Likes on 70 Posts

Default Any One used Corvette Parts World

Has anyone used body panels from Corvette Parts World What are your opinion on their parts
Old 02-25-2014, 08:11 PM
vetsvette2002
Melting Slicks

Received 295 Likes on 167 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15-'16

I'll stick with Paragon Corvette, Long Island Corvette Supply, and Wicox.

Three of THE best.
Old 02-26-2014, 12:44 AM
Dale002
Melting Slicks

I'm asking because I've been told that there are only a few actual manufactures of fiberglass body panels that vendors purchase from. Also some panels come from China as well.

Last edited by Dale002; 02-26-2014 at 12:49 AM.
Old 02-26-2014, 01:59 PM
vetsvette2002
Melting Slicks

Received 295 Likes on 167 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15-'16

Originally Posted by Dale002
I'm asking because I've been told that there are only a few actual manufactures of fiberglass body panels that vendors purchase from. Also some panels come from China as well.
Body panels?
Semmersheins I think that's how they spell it but I'm not sure about that. I am sure of their high quality body panels or their jig assembled complete front end for a C2.
Old 02-26-2014, 02:59 PM
4 Speed Dave
Burning Brakes

Received 338 Likes on 193 Posts

Originally Posted by vetsvette2002
Body panels?
Semmersheins I think that's how they spell it but I'm not sure about that. I am sure of their high quality body panels or their jig assembled complete front end for a C2.
I have replaced an entire 66 front end and two rear fenders with Shermershiems pieces and after that I would not use any other panel but theirs. Very high quality and the fit is very good. I actually purchased my two rear fenders from Long Island Corvette as they stocked the Shermershiem pieces at the time.
Old 02-26-2014, 07:35 PM
gbvette62
Race Director

Received 2,125 Likes on 1,373 Posts

I don't know anything about Corvette Parts Worldwide, but from looking at their website, it appears that they don't make any of the fiberglass they sell. The following was taken directly from their website:

"Chevrolet Corvette Fiberglass Parts from Corvette Parts Worldwide are sourced from many premium name brand products across the United States & Canada."

There are a number of companies making Corvette fiberglass. Both OEM style press molded fiberglass, and hand laid glass, are available. The quality of it does vary from manufacturer to manufacturer.

Fpr press molded glass, the best choices are Lee Bumb Composites (formerly Sermershiem's), and Corvette Image. For hand laid glass, it's hard to beat ACI (American Custom Images).
Old 03-10-2014, 12:41 AM
Dale002
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by gbvette62
I don't know anything about Corvette Parts Worldwide, but from looking at their website, it appears that they don't make any of the fiberglass they sell. The following was taken directly from their website:

"Chevrolet Corvette Fiberglass Parts from Corvette Parts Worldwide are sourced from many premium name brand products across the United States & Canada."

There are a number of companies making Corvette fiberglass. Both OEM style press molded fiberglass, and hand laid glass, are available. The quality of it does vary from manufacturer to manufacturer.

Fpr press molded glass, the best choices are Lee Bumb Composites (formerly Sermershiem's), and Corvette Image. For hand laid glass, it's hard to beat ACI (American Custom Images).
Ive Been looking around and there aren't many making stock parts. I think the ones you mention are the top three. When I spoke with CPW they told me that there front end parts were shipped from the west coast,but they would not say who, but no other vendor will tells you either. I gues they don't want you to by pass them and go directly to the source. A sale guy from CA told me their hood shipped from the west coast, he hinted Corvette Image. I looked at Corvette Image web site and there prices are higher than corvette America. I think they all are. My priority is to get quality parts not so much cost.
Old 03-10-2014, 02:40 AM
56early
Pro

Received 114 Likes on 76 Posts

Ive Been looking around and there aren't many making stock parts. I think the ones you mention are the top three. When I spoke with CPW they told me that there front end parts were shipped from the west coast,but they would not say who, but no other vendor will tells you either. I gues they don't want you to by pass them and go directly to the source. A sale guy from CA told me their hood shipped from the west coast, he hinted Corvette Image. I looked at Corvette Image web site and there prices are higher than corvette America. I think they all are. My priority is to get quality parts not so much cost.
You may want to look into U-Tern Enterprises.

Get notified of new replies

To Any One used Corvette Parts World

Quick Reply: Any One used Corvette Parts World