C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

[C2] 1966 Corvette Pulled From Iowa Farm

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2019, 01:52 PM
gerardharings
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sierratoyz
Great story
I have just pulled one home out of a garage that it has been in since the late 70's
1965 Coupe base model 327/250 4 speed with 3;08 rear
hope I can get it done for $40K ( think i'm dreaming )
...try and be surprised....but do it yuor self and learn...
Old 01-13-2019, 09:29 AM
jobber26
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default What is it with lying about cars?

Originally Posted by plaidside
It is a little hard to believe this statement, "He has spent less than $40,000 for the car and the refurbishing".
For some reason it seems OK to make up millions of tons of BS when it comes to politics, sexual prowess, and cars... having studied psychology, my only conclusion would be that most humans' brains are incapable of telling the truth about these and many other subjects. I restored a 1976 Corvette with lift-frame attention, the best materials, hi-perf suspension and drivetrain (550BHP) - for complete interior/exterior and I spent about $68K; plus the car cost $6K, bringing the total to $74K for a mint condition screamer... now that's the truth. Thanks for tuning in...
Old 01-13-2019, 09:47 AM
jobber26
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Looking at the wheels, badges, painted-not chrome headlight trim, etc., I see you cut corners. I am wondering what other corners you cut to bring your price down. My restoration included OEM equipment & original conditioning for 90%, except drivetrain internals and suspension. This is why prices go up and can't be done like you are throwing out there. I know people that are using radio shack to assemble their wiring harnesses, ext. lights, instrument panels and then go to Pep Boys to buy chepo engine wires, master cylinders, brake parts for standard chevrolets... this too brings down the cost, but I wouldn't buy your car. Neither would serious enthusiasts. Don't get me wrong, your Corvette is beautiful, minus the Cragar mags!

Quick Reply: [C2] 1966 Corvette Pulled From Iowa Farm