C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

5 Reasons You Need a Restomod Corvette

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2019, 09:07 PM
c2performance
Pro

Received 70 Likes on 53 Posts

Restomods are just a fad. They will die just like all the other car fad's!!
Old 04-11-2019, 09:42 PM
CorvetteMikeB
Melting Slicks

Received 440 Likes on 312 Posts
2023 Restomod of the Year finalist

Originally Posted by c2performance

Some say electric cars are a "Fad" The Restomods are here to stay and will only grow larger in numbers each decade as time passes and the buying public wants more tech in their classic car hobby.
Old 04-11-2019, 10:09 PM
fyreline
Supporting Lifetime
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,281 Likes on 514 Posts
2023 C1 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2022 Corvette of the Year Finalist -- Unmodified
2021 C1 of the Year Winner - Unmodified
2020 C1 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2016 C1 of the Year Finalist

Don't need one. Don't want one. I'll keep what I have, thanks. I can admire the workmanship that went into the nicer ones, but they do absolutely nothing for me. I like 'em stock. To each their own.

The following users liked this post:
Dr. Peter (04-12-2019)
Old 04-11-2019, 10:26 PM
Dr. Peter
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I like Corvettes but as daily drivers. In 1984 I bought a 64 convertible that had been restored to essentially stock. I thought about buying a daily driver but I realized if I was going to drive to work, who wants to drive a 'beater'? So instead I drove the 64 and fixed it when it broke. I now have a 2006 convertible that I drove in the snow and ice the past 2 winters. People say I am crazy but it is too much fun to leave at home.

If the restomods make the classics into daily drivers, I am all for it!

Peter
Old 04-11-2019, 11:39 PM
3JsVette
Race Director

Received 2,539 Likes on 1,673 Posts

Originally Posted by c2performance
Time will tell...….
Old 04-12-2019, 12:26 AM
68hemi
Race Director

Received 3,057 Likes on 1,936 Posts
C1 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019

Originally Posted by blue max

Newest addition working on quasi resto mod
I recently purchased a 65 Corvette Vert. It is the original color Goldwood Yellow with a black stay fast top. The mods are many and I would appreciate your thoughts as to whether or not it is what I call a quasi resto-mod. It has Michelin radial redline tires on bolt-on knock offs, shoulder harnesses with leather seats, headrests, custom radio with XM with remote, a 350/350 engine with custom carb, chromed alternator,ac compressor and high flow intake, power steering, electric fan to go with Air conditioning, side pipes, led tail lights, a five-speed Tremec transmission. The frame is in excellent condition with Bilstein shocks. All new tinted glass.

As many here know I have a 57 with a stealth 383 that looks like a factory 270 h.p. car. It also has a dual master cylinder, alternator, shortened steering column, factory looking 15” steering wheel, Traction Masters, radial tires, custom sound system and soon to be power steering. So what do I call it? Updated, customized hot rod. This is as close to a restomod as I care to get.

But I can’t wait to see the next generation restomod that makes all the others obsolete and tank in price. It will be electric powered and will have speakers in place of tail pipes with a sound system tied to the accelerator to mimic the sound of our old Corvettes and a painted plastic MOTOR cover that will look like a 375 h.p F.I. engine. No fuel perc, oil, ignition problems or any of the other things we currently argue about here. In fact they will probably shut this forum down due to inactivity.
Old 04-12-2019, 09:07 AM
CorvetteMikeB
Melting Slicks

Received 440 Likes on 312 Posts
2023 Restomod of the Year finalist

Originally Posted by 68hemi
As many here know I have a 57 with a stealth 383 that looks like a factory 270 h.p. car. It also has a dual master cylinder, alternator, shortened steering column, factory looking 15” steering wheel, Traction Masters, radial tires, custom sound system and soon to be power steering. So what do I call it? Updated, customized hot rod. This is as close to a restomod as I care to get.

But I can’t wait to see the next generation restomod that makes all the others obsolete and tank in price. It will be electric powered and will have speakers in place of tail pipes with a sound system tied to the accelerator to mimic the sound of our old Corvettes and a painted plastic MOTOR cover that will look like a 375 h.p F.I. engine. No fuel perc, oil, ignition problems or any of the other things we currently argue about here. In fact they will probably shut this forum down due to inactivity.

"It will be electric powered and will have speakers in place of tail pipes"

The future generation of Resto-Mods will be exactly as you mentioned. Out comes the gas engines and high powered LS Corvette engines. High powered electric motors will take its place. Your classic corvette will be quicker, faster and less ownership cost to own.
Old 04-12-2019, 09:36 AM
Dr. Peter
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Restomods or classics - Corvettes are like sex - all are great but some are greater than others.
Old 04-12-2019, 10:53 AM
uvettcha
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Curated Content Editor
5 Reasons You Need a Restomod Corvette
By Christopher Hurst

Here is why restomods are the way to go.

any body with a major mid life crisis
Old 04-12-2019, 11:43 AM
Tigershark3
Melting Slicks

Received 48 Likes on 39 Posts

Driving my stock '66 makes me feel 16 again... love it. If I want modern I'll take my C6 Z06 out for a drive. I get tired of people asking me when I'm going to put modern suspension/engine/wheels on my old car. Get's old real quick.

Quick Reply: 5 Reasons You Need a Restomod Corvette