Print Wikipost

Long term NOAH car cover review

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2007, 10:36 PM
'Bochawa72
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Long term NOAH car cover review

I got a Wolf Noah car cover for my Vette about a year and a half ago. It has lived on my car outside every night since the car was delievered to me. I take good care of the cover and care for it as prescribed. It performs exactly as promised. However after so much use and it has gotten noticeably thinner. Every morning I get lint all over me. After putting the cover on the car this past weekend I gave it a tug and a big section ripped off right in my hand. WTF? There's a section on one side that's thin as tissue. The hole I made for the antennae has also ripped to be more than a foot wide and goes in three different directions. While the cover has worked well it's all worn out and time for a new one. I suppose a year and a half of exposure to the elements hasn't helped either.

I e-mailed the manufacturer and am waiting on a reply. It's supposed to have a five year warranty. For $200+ it better. I really don't want to have to buy another cover. Espically at that price. Anyone have a better cover that they like? Not sure I'd buy another one of these.
-CR
Old 10-16-2007, 11:13 AM
voat
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In 1994 I bought a house with a 2 car garage but I own 4 cars so 2 are always outside (Corvette stays in the garage). Since 1994 I have tried several covers on the 2 cars outside, all made by Covercraft. I tried the Weathershield, Noah, Evolution, and 200 Series. You can find these in the JC Whitney catalog.
The Weathershield (expensive) and the Noah were good covers but are thin and after a few years they will get thiner and rip and leave dust on the car. The 200 Series is already too thin when you buy it and it only lasted 1 year before it started to rip and leave dust on the car.
I have used several Evolution covers and for my use these are the best. They are thicker and bulkier and for daily use outside these last the longest (about 4 years) before they start to wear out plus they are less expensive then the Weathershield and Noah.
Old 10-16-2007, 12:07 PM
rexx78
Burning Brakes

If they continue to honor their warranty, $200 initial purchase price is cheap for a new car cover every 2 years.

I will be buying a cover soon so I am curious to see how this thread turns out.
Old 10-16-2007, 12:09 PM
ROBMERRILL
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought a Wolf "Noah Block It" for my 1987 Mustang GT Convertible and its does what it says, blocks it from rain, snow and sun very well.

Summit Racing had it for $140.

Last edited by ROBMERRILL; 10-16-2007 at 12:12 PM.
Old 10-16-2007, 03:07 PM
Surfer69
Drifting

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

I've been a Noah user for over 10 years. The longest life is 3 years max, that's pushing it, before it disintegrates as stated. I too wish to find another one since mine is now the same condition as explained above. The plus side is they fit perfect. And as stated for $200 every couple years, it's not a bad deal. I'll look into the Evolution. My .02
Old 10-16-2007, 04:02 PM
'Bochawa72
Pro

Default their reply

Well surprise surprise!! Here's a reply to an e-mail I sent them yesterday concerning the 5 year warranty on the NOAH cover.

Good Morning Collin,

Just call customer service at 1-800-950-9502 and they can replace that for you.

Thank You

Still at work and have no idea how long the call might take. Gonna have to wait til quitting time. I'll keep you posted!
-CR
Old 10-16-2007, 04:19 PM
CA-Legal-Vette
Race Director

Received 322 Likes on 273 Posts

Originally Posted by C_Reichow
Well surprise surprise!! Here's a reply to an e-mail I sent them yesterday concerning the 5 year warranty on the NOAH cover.

Good Morning Collin,

Just call customer service at 1-800-950-9502 and they can replace that for you.

Thank You

Still at work and have no idea how long the call might take. Gonna have to wait til quitting time. I'll keep you posted!
-CR

Very cool. As said above, if they replace it every couple of years, that price isn't unreasonable.

I've been buying cheap paper like covers at Costco for about $40. They last about year in my climate, but I don't expect them to last any longer. After a year or so, I buy a new one and toss the old.
Old 10-16-2007, 04:50 PM
FKING1
Safety Car

Received 105 Likes on 78 Posts

I have a 2 yr old Wolf Noah and the rain soaks through.
Old 10-16-2007, 05:10 PM
'Bochawa72
Pro

Great news!! I had to call up ZIP to get the part number for the Global Accessories, the makers of Wolf. Once I had that I called back Global and they said a new cover would be shipping to me in 3-5 business days. How bout that? Just called them up, gave them the part number, said mine was still under warranty and I've got one on they way free of charge! It did seem a little too easy but I'm not complaining. I would have thought they might want a copy of the original reciept at least. Oh well. It's refreshing to see a company actually back up their warranty with no hassle.
-CR

FKING- Mine still repels light rain but I think it only made it through the first heavy rain that I had it. Like Voal said dust started coming through after about a year too. Nowhere near as much as it was repeling but a little dust, mostly with rain though. Anyway, I'm super happy and will continue to use Wolf covers.

Last edited by 'Bochawa72; 10-16-2007 at 05:17 PM.
Old 10-16-2007, 05:42 PM
rexx78
Burning Brakes

[QUOTE=C_Reichow;1562330433]Great news!! I had to call up ZIP to get the part number for the Global Accessories, the makers of Wolf. Once I had that I called back Global and they said a new cover would be shipping to me in 3-5 business days. How bout that? Just called them up, gave them the part number, said mine was still under warranty and I've got one on they way free of charge! It did seem a little too easy but I'm not complaining. I would have thought they might want a copy of the original reciept at least. Oh well. It's refreshing to see a company actually back up their warranty with no hassle.
-CR

QUOTE]

Great to hear somebody stands behind their warranty.

Get notified of new replies

To Long term NOAH car cover review

Quick Reply: Long term NOAH car cover review