Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Keisler RS600 & SS update

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2012, 07:54 PM
Priya
Le Mans Master

Received 640 Likes on 463 Posts

I know what you said, you said its unreasonable to ask for a large downpayment up front, the only reason you'd do that is because you're full of hot air and either aren't going to go through on your purchase or don't plan on paying for it if you can get it.

The RS series is being sold and units delievered continuously since they first became available for sale so to claim this product is not availabe for sale is quite simply a lie and demonstrates your bias.

A wait is no problem for me so I won't be asking for your permission to proceed with the sale or send them a deposit. If you don't want to do that I couldn't care less, but at least stop the lies and behave like a rational person.
Old 02-11-2012, 08:04 PM
Clubby99
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'll try one last time then give up.

A down payment is logical on a "custom" job because the business may not be able to sell the product due to your preferences. But we are not talking about a "custom" transmission built for you. You are buying the same massed produced product sold to everyone. You are being used to fund his cashflow.

You really seem to place value in the wisdom of age. By-the-way, I'm older than you so quit arguing

Last edited by Clubby99; 02-11-2012 at 08:14 PM.
Old 02-11-2012, 08:05 PM
69VetteFla
Drifting

Originally Posted by Clubby99
I'll try one last time then give up.

A down payment is logical on a "custom" job because the business may not be able to sell the product because of your preferences. But we are not talking about a "custom" transmission built for you. You are buying the same massed produced product sold to everyone. You are being used to fund his cashflow.

You really seem to place value in the wisdom of age. By-the-way, I older than you so quit arguing
I don't usually do this with Clubby but this time
Old 02-11-2012, 08:11 PM
Billysvette
Melting Slicks

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 69VetteFla
I don't usually do this with Clubby but this time
100% right on this. If the trans kit didnot sell,keisler can easily sell it to another person,since theres a line waiting on them. Keisler is using your money to build other peoples trans kits , not yours.There should be NO reason for a big down payment. Clubby is right. Keisler said he does this to keep everything real , come on,its not like he cant sell it.

Last edited by Billysvette; 02-11-2012 at 08:14 PM.
Old 02-14-2012, 12:09 PM
meangrean
Navigator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is what I'm reading about the rs600 being discontinued true I have been waiting for 10 months after handing over a $1500 deposit I once asked why they needed a $1500 dollar deposit and the reply was it "keeps it real " and "keeps everyone on the same page" I don't even know which f@@!*&&^%^ book were reading now . I e-mailed Keisler the other day to ask about a delivery time as according to our last e-mail exchange was comeing close I have yet to recieve a reply thanks
Old 02-14-2012, 12:14 PM
69VetteFla
Drifting

Originally Posted by meangrean
Is what I'm reading about the rs600 being discontinued true I have been waiting for 10 months after handing over a $1500 deposit I once asked why they needed a $1500 dollar deposit and the reply was it "keeps it real " and "keeps everyone on the same page" I don't even know which f@@!*&&^%^ book were reading now . I e-mailed Keisler the other day to ask about a delivery time as according to our last e-mail exchange was comeing close I have yet to recieve a reply thanks
MeanGrean - you got that right. They aren't selling the RS600 and for your patience will give you a free upgrade to the SS700. So when are you going to get your SS700? They won't even tell you because they don't know. Real nice for having your $ for 10 months. Are there going to be problems with a newly rolled out transmission model that is being made with 2 companies collaberating? Who knows. I was planning on getting an RS600 then after not having great response times from Keisler, I did some searching on this forum and quickly decided that I am not buying from them. If you can get your deposit back, I am in the process of doing a discounted group buy for TKOs from another vendor.
Old 02-14-2012, 02:01 PM
KeislerChris
Advanced

Everything said above is a legitimate concern and has been heard and understood. At risk of being flamed, I am attempting to explain, once again, where we are at, and why we are partnering with someone else. We are now, and have always been first and foremost, an engineering company providing solutions for transmission swaps. We decided to become a manufacturer with the RS line, but had no way to predict the wild popularity of the RS600 and the challenges that would bring. We have heard and understand your displeasure with extended lead times and the myriad other issues that have cropped up along the way. We have partnered up on the new SS700 because we felt that having these units made within a company that is a manufacturer, and can handle the volume that comes with a unit like this would be more advantageous in the long run, and serve to drastically reduce lead times. To say that partnering up with someone else is a bad thing, is merely an opinion, and not a statement of fact and only serves to muddy the waters.
Obviously, we know what needs to be done, and are doing everything we can to achieve that, and are truly sorry for disappointing those of you out there who have been waiting. We are turning things around, but as anyone who is in manufacturing can tell you, it's not an easy thing to do, let alone do quickly, hence the decision to seek help from one of our key suppliers here in the Southeast. We shipped well over 450 RS units last year, which given the size of our company, is something to be considered. As always, I appreciate your willingness to speak up, your comments and criticisms are appreciated and serve to help us be better at what we do.
Old 02-15-2012, 10:35 AM
KeislerSales
Racer

Priya,

We're ahead of schedule on your order and the RS400 went into production this morning; I will be in contact today for final payment and thank you for your support!
Old 02-15-2012, 11:25 AM
meangrean
Navigator

just wanted to know if any one has a rs600 and what is the longest wait time is I ordered mine in April 2011
Old 02-15-2012, 11:40 AM
KeislerSales
Racer

Originally Posted by meangrean
just wanted to know if any one has a rs600 and what is the longest wait time is I ordered mine in April 2011
Please call Shafi Keisler directly at 865-609-8187 ext. 203 for an update on your RS600 order. Shafi is currently in the process of calling all RS600 customers with updates so be patient if you can't reach him right away. Email may be easier at shafi.keisler@keislerauto.com and put "Waiting RS600 customer needing an update" in the subject line.

I encourage ALL waiting RS600 customers to do the same.
Old 02-15-2012, 03:51 PM
KeislerChris
Advanced

Here are a couple of links to coverage on the SS700:
http://www.hotrod.com/eventcoverage/...U7RJIcBCjOs1QT

http://www.dragzine.com/features/pri...anual-gearbox/
Old 02-15-2012, 04:59 PM
toyvet1
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you dont mind handing big money over to someone and not knowing when you will receive yuor trans and hope none of the install parts are back ordered by supplier order from keisler and have fun waiting.

I ordered a trans from them and nothing but headaches. Finally woke up and ordered a TKO 600 from Husrt. Best investment in my car by far. Great service and quick deleiver. The kit was abolt into a 79 with no issues.

Read very carefully past post about Keisler and see if you can find the pattern of there service.....
Old 02-15-2012, 05:20 PM
KeislerChris
Advanced

I understand your level of frustration, and you are certainly free to vent as such in a public forum. Perhaps the more productive route would have been to contact the management of our establishment, or perhaps the owner. If management doesn't hear of problems, it can be difficult to respond or fix issues that cause those delays. If you would be so kind as to PM me with your specific grievances, I will make sure they get addressed.

Last edited by KeislerChris; 02-15-2012 at 06:19 PM.
Old 02-15-2012, 07:43 PM
Clubby99
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by KeislerChris
I understand your level of frustration, and you are certainly free to vent as such in a public forum. Perhaps the more productive route would have been to contact the management of our establishment, or perhaps the owner. If management doesn't hear of problems, it can be difficult to respond or fix issues that cause those delays. If you would be so kind as to PM me with your specific grievances, I will make sure they get addressed.
About 10 of us want to buy a TKO 600 4 to 5 speed deluxe kit with driveshaft. What kind of group buy price would you offer us with and/or without shipping.
Old 02-16-2012, 12:16 AM
MN80Vette
Drifting

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Clubby99
About 10 of us want to buy a TKO 600 4 to 5 speed deluxe kit with driveshaft. What kind of group buy price would you offer us with and/or without shipping.
After reading Clubby's previous posts about APT and Keisler, I think it is ironic that he criticizes [Shafi] Keisler's attitude. He certainly seems to have one of his own.

My experience with Keisler (Shafi, Chris, Dodie, etc.) was quite different. I didn't mind paying a down payment for a high-demand backlogged product because that tells the vendor I am serious about buying one. Put my name on one ahead of some guy who's still thinking about it. If you want one, put your money where your mouth is.

Yes, I had to wait a few months for my RS500, but that was not a big deal for me because I planned ahead. I didn't take out the old drive train until I had a ship date from Keisler. I had plent of other things to do around the new transmission, like a new clutch and hydraulic conversion.

The RS500 was worth the wait. We (my wife and I) both love it. Keisler offered a TKO without a wait, but I chose to wait.

My ONLY real complaint is that I had to wait a couple more months for a speedometer cable after I had the RS500 installed. That didn't stop me from driving my car though. I just couldn't calculate the gas mileage with the OD trans.

I experienced the same wait time and delays as anybody else, but I still consider my experience with Keisler to have been good. The quality of the end product makes up for a few inconveniences.
Old 02-16-2012, 02:44 AM
Clubby99
Burning Brakes

Delays are not the issue. It is about the down payment. No reason to "keep it real."

My comment about attitude had to do with a long prior thread. He kept threatening to turn people into the moderator. His attitude in this thread is much improved.

I understand there are no delays for a TKO. I read excellent comments about Keisler's TKO kit. I would buy one from Keisler at the right price along with a promise of a quick delivery.

Last edited by Clubby99; 02-16-2012 at 02:49 AM.
Old 02-16-2012, 05:16 AM
HamadUP
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Isn't it funny that I ordered my TKO600 and got it delivered and installed, and been enjoying driving the car for almost a month, and that discussion is not over yet!

Get notified of new replies

To Keisler RS600 & SS update

Old 02-16-2012, 08:13 AM
KeislerChris
Advanced

I think we can all agree it's pretty easy to get riled up by a forum post, especially with harsh criticism leveled at your business. That said, we do our best, but things do happen that are beyond our control (speedo cable backlog, anyone?) and mistakes do happen. What truly matters is how we react to these issues, and solve them so that they are no longer a future issue. Anybody considering a group buy, please PM your info to me, and I will see what we can come up with. Thanks again, and have a great day!
Old 02-16-2012, 09:26 AM
69VetteFla
Drifting

PM Sent
Old 02-16-2012, 09:52 AM
jon68l79
Supporting Lifetime Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

PM sent from me too!

Quick Reply: Keisler RS600 & SS update