Notices
C3 Parts for Sale/Wanted C3 Corvette Performance Parts, Rare NOS and NLA Chevy Parts, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, Aftermarket
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Buying Corvette parts from Forum members (L71rat)

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2002, 02:01 PM
MWILLET
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Buying Corvette parts from Forum members (L71rat)

Occasionally we see threads where Forum members tear each other apart over deals that went south, so I wanted to post a positive experience I just had.
I had been looking for a windshield washer fluid container for about a year when I came across L71rat's post regarding an 80 he's been parting out. He had exactly what I needed, the price was fair, and delivery was relatively quick (had to go through Customs since Carmine is up in Toronto). It's currently hooked up and working great, so a total win/win situation as far as I'm concerned.
Old 03-25-2002, 02:23 PM
ORVette
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: Buying Corvette parts from Forum members (MWILLET)

I guess I've been pretty fortunate too, considering some of the headaches I've read about. As a buyer, I've bought things from Bob Turner and TISQUICK, and all has gone extremely well. Both these members gave honest descriptions of the items, and provided very fair prices and prompt shipping. As a seller, I've really only sold a couple things here, but again, the members I dealt with were fair dealing and quick to pay. Congratulations to all of our members who keep their act's together, and keep the friendly, car guys helping other car guys part of our hobby alive.

[Modified by ORVette, 10:23 AM 3/25/2002]
Old 03-25-2002, 03:54 PM
WESCH
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hi
I was not so lucky. Advertised my 74 AM/FM radio and shipped it in a hurry, but never saw any money. Plenty of appologizes from the buyer, but never any money and now he stopped replying my E-mails.
I know it was wrong to send the radio B4 I saw money, but I trusted in the hope that somebody who replies from the Forum should be OK. :mad
I do have his office address, or at least that's what he called it ( shipping address ) and I wonder how I can reach him. Any ideas ?
His E-mail is mlittle3 and he changed the provider during our communication.
Does anybody know him ?
I'm somewhat pi..ed off if I can trust people. Never mind the money, just angry. :mad
Anyway, the sun was out today and I was able to drive my big block after winter, what a feeling. :cool:
Gunther
Old 03-25-2002, 06:32 PM
1979toy
Melting Slicks

Default Re: Buying Corvette parts from Forum members (WESCH)

I've had good and bad experiances. At this point I don't think that anybody is getting my money until I have parts in hand!
THE GOOD
Stingrayracing sold me a manifold and carb. The deal went smooth and we conversed about setting it up afterward.
Stingy74 sold me a carb. No problems even though the part had to go through customs.
I've forgotten who sold me the sidepipes (sorry!). Packaging wasn't great but the pipes were exactly as described and arrived when I had been told that they would.
Another forgotten forum member sold me a set of cylinder heads. The heads were just as they had been described, and arrived when expected.
THE BAD
Other forum members have not been so good. Names deleted to avoid p*ssing contests all over again.
One forum member sold me an MSD distributor and wires that turned out to be a rebuilt stock unit and Belton wires.
I got a set of valves and springs from a member 8 weeks and a few unanswered e-mails later. The parts were as described at least.
One lucky forum member has 75.00 of my hard earned money and has not sent parts, returned money or even answered my e-mail for 2 months now.
THE UGLY
The question that needs answering is; How do we know that we are dealing with a good person or not? Just because he or she is a forum member can not be the break point. Maybe we could have more posts like the one started here, praising our good deals. That would give us a way to search the history for the persons record.
Old 03-25-2002, 10:27 PM
vetterATL
Intermediate

Default Re: Buying Corvette parts from Forum members (1979toy)

TISQUICK sold me some shocks and all was good!
Old 03-25-2002, 10:32 PM
82dukman
Le Mans Master

Default Re: Buying Corvette parts from Forum members (vetterATL)

I've had great experiences buying from RayCE, phoenix, and soon PROSOUTH.
Can't say anything bad about my transactions :D
Old 03-26-2002, 02:15 PM
L71rat
Racer

I'm glad the part was of use because it would of sat another 10 yrs in my garage , Carmine
Old 03-26-2002, 03:51 PM
BeachinVette
Drifting

I have had 3 grat transactions with forum members. Yellow 72 I purchased a carb from, TISQUICK I purchased a set of sidepipes from, And Ron D we traded some parts out. All were great transactions.

Bob
Old 03-31-2002, 06:16 PM
azvetmn
Instructor

I have had some great experiences on buying parts for my C-4, but I have yet to buy anything for my C-3. I keep looking but what I need is seats and door panels at this stage, and I have yet to find anyone on this coast selling those for a 69 with power windows. I am hoping for the same great experience as that of C4 purchases.
Old 04-02-2002, 12:43 AM
randy75
Intermediate

I bought a carb from tisquick. Great price, Quick delivery. I haven't had time to try it yet, but I am sure it will work just fine. I didn't hesitate to enter into another deal with him last week. Keep up the good work, Mike!
Old 04-02-2002, 10:03 PM
Corvettes White
Drifting

Received 44 Likes on 34 Posts

Default Re: Buying Corvette parts from Forum members (azvetmn)

I have had some great experiences on buying parts for my C-4, but I have yet to buy anything for my C-3. I keep looking but what I need is seats and door panels at this stage, and I have yet to find anyone on this coast selling those for a 69 with power windows. I am hoping for the same great experience as that of C4 purchases.
Too bad about the power windows else I could sell you mine. Took good ones off my 1969 about 20 years ago and they have been in storage ever since .

George
Old 04-02-2002, 10:22 PM
John Cassidy
Intermediate

Default Re: Buying Corvette parts from Forum members (999)

I had a first rate experience buying parts from Mako Shark.
Old 04-03-2002, 02:06 PM
livin
Drifting

Received 279 Likes on 87 Posts

Default Re: Buying Corvette parts from Forum members (John Cassidy)

I bought a set of G.M. Black Grandsport Rims 17X11's and 17X8.5's with two brand new B.F.Goodrich Comp T.A's from Bo Wass and they turned out even better than I anticipated. He also gave me a KILLER DEAL saving me 1500 dollars easily versus buying straight from the G.M. Counter.

I also just received some lock assembly's from GEO, AWESOME!!!!!! They cleaned up PERFECTLY!!!!! He also sold me these at a great rate. I was told anywheres from 50 dollars to 200 dollars for a set of two lock assemblies (these are the levers that hold the top of the top to the windshield.) Geo sold me two shipped for LESS THAN 50 BUCKS!!!!!! THATS CORVETTE FRIEND LOVE right there!!!!!!!!!

I have had POSITIVE experiences!!!!!!

I WOULD STRONGLY RECOMMEND TO HAVE YOUR SHIPMENTS SENT C.O.D. THAT WAY YOU DON'T PAY TILL YOU RECEIVE. IT ALSO COSTS A LITTLE MORE TO C.O.D. SO THE SELLER HAS TO PAY A LITTLE MORE. IF HE IS WILLING TO DO THIS, YOU GET A PRETTY GOOD IDEA THAT THEY ARE UPFRONT AND HONEST!!!!!!!!!!!!

cANT WAIT TO SAVE MORE MONEY BUYING FROM FORUM MEMBERS. tHIS FORUM IS THE GREATEST, ITS MY HOMEPAGE!!!!!!!

LATER,
JACOB

:seeya
Old 04-03-2002, 03:10 PM
Magnet
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Hi.
Great experience buying parts here on the Forum...I bought some parts from transam525 (Dustin) and everything went smooth...... :D

Get notified of new replies

To Buying Corvette parts from Forum members (L71rat)

Quick Reply: Buying Corvette parts from Forum members (L71rat)