Notices
C3 Parts for Sale/Wanted C3 Corvette Performance Parts, Rare NOS and NLA Chevy Parts, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, Aftermarket
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

F/S 68-72' Custom Speaker Box for sale

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2012, 03:37 PM
Vett-ERN
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sold out! Thanks to all the buyers. I'll send updates on shipping times and tracking as they go out.
Old 02-04-2012, 06:30 AM
AllC34Me

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,033 Likes on 1,103 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

Default Got It, And Love It...

I received mine, unpacked it and love it. Thank you. Looking forward to the sound once I can get it installed in the 71.
Great job on this so thank you once again.
David
Old 02-04-2012, 09:44 AM
bustin knuckles
Racer

Location: Sounds like a T Rex lives under my hood. Gibsonton, Fl
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Recvd mine also! Great creation Joe,
American exceptionalism at work.
Old 02-04-2012, 10:39 AM
mffi115
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Vett-ERN
Sold out! Thanks to all the buyers. I'll send updates on shipping times and tracking as they go out.
PM sent
Old 02-29-2012, 09:39 PM
VetteHalen
Racer

i know this is, like, over a month late but i just got time to install the speaker box this week!

it looks great- very "pro" looking. materials and finish is fantastic, and the Covette crossed-flags emblem is the cherry on top. great job and thanks again. hopefully you'll make another batch for some of the other forum members.

now if i could only figure out why i have the dreaded "alternator whine" through my setup...
Old 02-29-2012, 10:01 PM
Vett-ERN
Advanced

Originally Posted by VetteHalen
i know this is, like, over a month late but i just got time to install the speaker box this week!

it looks great- very "pro" looking. materials and finish is fantastic, and the Covette crossed-flags emblem is the cherry on top. great job and thanks again. hopefully you'll make another batch for some of the other forum members.

now if i could only figure out why i have the dreaded "alternator whine" through my setup...
How do have the system set up? I only get interference when I'm trying to charge my iphone (via the cig lighter) while using the iheart radio app for music.
Old 02-29-2012, 10:20 PM
VetteHalen
Racer

Originally Posted by Vett-ERN
How do have the system set up? I only get interference when I'm trying to charge my iphone (via the cig lighter) while using the iheart radio app for music.
RCA's out of the back of the head unit to the amp RCA's in;
amp power directly to battery;
amp ground to battery (then to moved to birdcage - whine still there in either);
remote wire from head unit to amp remote in;
head unit is still driving the front 2 small speakers (no whine there - only in the rear speakers through amp)

it sounds really good until I turn the engine on!

okay, level with me... am I going to have to wear a tinfoil hat while touching the windshield frame?
Old 02-29-2012, 10:40 PM
Vett-ERN
Advanced

I think the problem is the RCA wire running parallel to your power wire or remote wire. Try to keep the RCAs isolated at least perpendicular if they have to cross. Maybe run rca up the passenger side and remote up the drivers and route the battery wire from its location, around the driver side to the back of the unit.

This link should shed some light on the physics of it for you.

http://www.carstereo.com/help/Articles.cfm?
Old 03-03-2012, 04:44 PM
VetteHalen
Racer

boom. i was out for a drive and it hit me to conduct a test and unplug the RCAs from the head and plug my iPod directly into the amp [using the provided y-cable, thanks for that] and guess what... no whine. SO, it is an issue with the RCA cables.

it's funny, i heeded the rule of thumb to keep the power cable away from the RCAs but i didn't think the remote wire could affect them as well... i currently have it running right alongside the RCAs. i'll get at it tomorrow and relocate the wires. thanks.

---------------------

UPDATE: problem resolved... phew.

the short of it: apparently Pioneer head units have an overly-sensitive internal component called a 'pico fuse' that blows if you unplug/plug the RCAs in while the unit is on. "simple" solution is to wrap the outer rings of the RCA plugs on the back of the head unit in wire and ground them to the unit's metal case, as such:

(that's not my pic but it's essentially what i did on my unit)

from now on i'll listen to the 'ole "shut unit off before plugging in cables" instructions.
thanks again...
Old 05-10-2012, 08:46 AM
Dose11
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Anyway that we could get you to make more of these??? Maybe Special order...pay up front possibly. They look really good. Just got my 73 and I really have to upgrade this stereo!!!!

Quick Reply: F/S 68-72' Custom Speaker Box for sale