Notices
C3 Parts for Sale/Wanted C3 Corvette Performance Parts, Rare NOS and NLA Chevy Parts, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, Aftermarket
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tilt Fron End info/WTB

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2011, 01:22 PM
kmckirryher
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Tilt Fron End info/WTB

Anyone have any info on this front end?

I am looking for this same style, but am not sure what to call it. I know of the Monza/Ecklers, the Mako, and a few or the more extreme (redvetracr ) tilt noses....but I am not sure about this one. If anyone has one, I'd like to buy it. I found a guy in Ohio that was gonna sell this particular on to me, but has since decided to not sell it. I then was going to buy from Rob Johnston up in Foxboro Ontario, Canada at showcars-bodyparts.com, but I have seen ALOT of reports of real sketchy business practices and disappointed customers' reviews over the past 7-8 years. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 11-02-2011, 07:05 PM
kmckirryher
Instructor

ne1?
Old 11-02-2011, 08:34 PM
CQRT
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 296 Likes on 238 Posts

Default Ecklers

http://www.ecklerscorvette.com/corve...1968-1979.html
Old 11-02-2011, 09:11 PM
kmckirryher
Instructor

Ya, thanks for the suggestion...but a bit out of my price range, and I'm not sure that this is the "same" front end. The Monza is kinda defined by it's recessed headlights, whereas the one in question has the factory headlight locations removed.
I am pretty sure that this was molded this way, as I have seen it on a few different cars in the past. Not to mention that "showcars-bodyparts.com" guy offers it from a mold. I could, probably, get the Monza front end and eliminate the headlight locations myself....but I really would like to know a bit more about this style in particular. I'm guessing it is an old school style (not made anymore). Thanks again
Old 11-03-2011, 09:32 AM
chstitans42
TheCorvetteBen
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 136 Likes on 74 Posts

Ihave an 80-82 front end for sale. Its stock buy maybe you could customize it. Sure beats the 3000+ price of the other one
Old 11-03-2011, 08:56 PM
shamby
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You might try American Sport Car/Stinger Fiberglass

http://www.americansportscar.com/. They made the front I have, but that was several years ago..

Old 11-03-2011, 09:56 PM
kmckirryher
Instructor

Originally Posted by shamby
You might try American Sport Car/Stinger Fiberglass

http://www.americansportscar.com/. They made the front I have, but that was several years ago..

That's it! Change the scoop style to a Big Block/Motion style, and that's the nail on the head. They don't advertise it on their site, but hopefully they still have the mold. I just sent them an email, and will call them in the morning. Thanks!
I am still looking for as much info as anyone has to offer, seeing the availability/price on this one is still up in the air.

Damn shamby, she's a sweet looking ride. How far along are you?

I got an email from Artie Schricker, (Owner/Operator of American Sports Car/Stinger Fiberglass). He says they do still make that front end, and even complimented you on your flares and setup, Shamby (I attached a pic of ur front end for reference). I called this morning, and he is out of town at a show, but talked to someone else there. Apparently they make/made all of the fiberglass parts for Eckler's! He said they are a "well kept secret" but have begun branching out on their own. Very interesting stuff, actually. Hopefully it all pans out. Thank you again, Shamby!

Last edited by kmckirryher; 11-04-2011 at 01:20 PM. Reason: shamb's badass ride!
Old 11-03-2011, 09:59 PM
kmckirryher
Instructor

Originally Posted by chstitans42
Ihave an 80-82 front end for sale. Its stock buy maybe you could customize it. Sure beats the 3000+ price of the other one
Thanks for the offer, and I'll keep it in mind, but as of now I am looking for something a little more...."drop and go".
Old 11-04-2011, 08:43 PM
shamby
Pro

Thanks for the compliments on my project. It has been a long road to get to this point. Artie is a straight up guy. I got my front end on a trade about 15 years ago and now just getting to working on the car. I found out that I was missing a few key parts to the front end and after days of searching I got up with Artie and he help me out. He actually remolded a fender for me. As of now the car is painted except for the front end. I'm waiting to get my engine back from the builder before installing the front clip to make it easier. The car will have a 383 with Edelbrock RPm 425 kit, VB rack and pinion, VB Front and rear mono leaf spring, tubular upper and lower arms, and last but not least 700r from Bow Tie overdrives
Old 11-05-2011, 10:00 AM
kmckirryher
Instructor

Originally Posted by shamby
Thanks for the compliments on my project. It has been a long road to get to this point. Artie is a straight up guy. I got my front end on a trade about 15 years ago and now just getting to working on the car. I found out that I was missing a few key parts to the front end and after days of searching I got up with Artie and he help me out. He actually remolded a fender for me. As of now the car is painted except for the front end. I'm waiting to get my engine back from the builder before installing the front clip to make it easier. The car will have a 383 with Edelbrock RPm 425 kit, VB rack and pinion, VB Front and rear mono leaf spring, tubular upper and lower arms, and last but not least 700r from Bow Tie overdrives

You got a thread goin with progress pics? I didn't see one....

Last edited by kmckirryher; 11-05-2011 at 10:06 AM.
Old 11-06-2011, 08:10 AM
shamby
Pro

Sorry no build thread. I had pictures taken of the car during all the body work and paint but I kinda lost them (stupid me). I'll get a picture of the car some time this week and post it. The color is Cyber Grey.
Thanks again for the complimates.

Get notified of new replies

To Tilt Fron End info/WTB

Quick Reply: Tilt Fron End info/WTB