C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I'M SO CONFLICTED!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2001, 09:53 AM
ZD75blue
Race Director

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: I'M SO CONFLICTED!! (UKPaul)

shop for a vette with the options you want or install them later.

you can add 1 g suspensions, rack and pinion steering, and a whole lot more horsepower than they came with stock.

my problem with bikes are that they dont last all that long, and they cost a lot to rebuild every few years... vettes you tend to not break anything (bones included) for a few thousand miles (25,000 for suspension etc.)

most of all just have fun with what ever you pick :cheers:

ZD
Old 11-26-2001, 10:13 AM
Chris@VetteFinders
Platinum Supporting Dealership

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: I'M SO CONFLICTED!! (ZD75blue)

my problem with bikes are that they dont last all that long, and they cost a lot to rebuild every few years... vettes you tend to not break anything (bones included) for a few thousand miles (25,000 for suspension etc.)

ZD
I don't know what kind of bikes you had to say that. Perhaps all 80 cc 2 strokes? That statement is completely backwards from what I'd say is true.
Old 11-26-2001, 01:10 PM
Edzred72
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Re: I'M SO CONFLICTED!! (wigi93)

I've been riding for over 30yrs and have seen some nasty deaths, and 9 out of 10 have been the cars fault. But who cares about fault when you are the one who doesn't walk away. You can't rely on your ridding skills alone to survive on the street. Too many of those deaths are young people, who think they are invincible on their 100HP crotch rockets. With no training, or proper Motorcycle Safety Foundation Certification, they hit the streets at 100mph..... and MOM wonders why her son is gone! These past few years, I have been riding less and less, because the once "open road" is not that way anymore. Things have changed in recent years. Motorists give no respect to bikes, and treat them as a nucsense. (sp?) Too many morons and psycho's driving monster trucks and SUV's make for a hazardous condition everywhere you go. You'll just dent their fender... before being planted 6ft under. Sorry to be such a doom sayer and long winded, but at your age, I suggest buying the Vette.... You'll be glad you did!!! :D :D :D
Old 11-26-2001, 01:33 PM
Koz

UKPaul, Follow your gut.. No one can tell you what is right for you. I wasn't even in the market for a vette when I saw my '80. I drove past her, said WOW it's for sale and a few weeks later I took her home. I'm still happy with the deal I got. There are good deals out there. If you have your heart into a bike, which is what you sound like, then why are you looking into vette's?
Old 11-26-2001, 01:41 PM
ZD75blue
Race Director

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: I'M SO CONFLICTED!! (Rhys)

I don't know what kind of bikes you had to say that. Perhaps all 80 cc 2 strokes? That statement is completely backwards from what I'd say is true.
no bikes but thats what i've heard... i guess i need to take a few more grains of salt with my 2nd cuz :confused:

ZD
Old 11-26-2001, 01:57 PM
Chris@VetteFinders

Default Re: I'M SO CONFLICTED!! (Silvr77)

Ditto that. Thats why I ride 99% of the time on dirt. No SUVs there.

I've been riding for over 30yrs and have seen some nasty deaths, and 9 out of 10 have been the cars fault. But who cares about fault when you are the one who doesn't walk away. You can't rely on your ridding skills alone to survive on the street. Too many of those deaths are young people, who think they are invincible on their 100HP crotch rockets. With no training, or proper Motorcycle Safety Foundation Certification, they hit the streets at 100mph..... and MOM wonders why her son is gone! These past few years, I have been riding less and less, because the once "open road" is not that way anymore. Things have changed in recent years. Motorists give no respect to bikes, and treat them as a nucsense. (sp?) Too many morons and psycho's driving monster trucks and SUV's make for a hazardous condition everywhere you go. You'll just dent their fender... before being planted 6ft under. Sorry to be such a doom sayer and long winded, but at your age, I suggest buying the Vette.... You'll be glad you did!!! :D :D :D
Old 11-27-2001, 07:06 AM
UKPaul
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Re: I'M SO CONFLICTED!! (Koz)

Koz,
I think you meant to address your post to WIGI93! My heart is in my bike - but it's also in the Vette (I just haven't told my bike that ;) ). I can see why you bought your Vette, it's well nice. I was in the market for a red '78 or '79 (pref. an L82, like everyone!) but when I saw the nose of my '81 sticking out the front of a garage I just thought "I want it!!!". The only thing I'd have different with my Vette is the colour - I'd prefer black.
WIGI93: A friend who has been riding for 20 years on & off road has just bought a 600cc Yamaha. This thing will supposedly do 175mph :eek: & he admits that he is scared of it. Just bear in mind that the vast majority of people I know who ride bikes say that they get their best fun at between 60 - 80mph on twisty roads - exactly the same as for a C3. Top speed isn't everything.
If you do get a bike, then something I've learnt over the years is: don't bother looking at car drivers - you can be looking directly in their eye & they'll still turn in front of you. Watch the front wheels of cars. As soon as a driver starts to turn you'll spot it and that extra split second could well save your life. Whatever you decide, good luck.
Paul
Old 11-27-2001, 10:22 AM
Chris@VetteFinders

Hey, speaking of bikes, you guys want to see a little video I took this last weekend with my helmet cam on my bike?
http://vettefinders.com/rhys/delete/hill2.mpg
http://vettefinders.com/rhys/delete/road1.mpg
Old 11-27-2001, 11:30 AM
Edzred72
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey Rhys: Pretty :cool: I caught the "wheelie" you did on the road portion of the video. Some nice crusiers past in the other direction too. Makes me want to sell the Low Rider and pick up a dirt bike. Good luck, have fun, and keep the rubber side down :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Hey, speaking of bikes, you guys want to see a little video I took this last weekend with my helmet cam on my bike?
Old 11-27-2001, 12:36 PM
Chris@VetteFinders

Default Re: I'M SO CONFLICTED!! (Silvr77)

Here is a shot of the bikes

Old 11-27-2001, 12:56 PM
UKPaul
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Rhys
Nice video. That's my ideal type of road, but it looks so dangerous :eek: You're all riding on the wrong side of the road, man! :jester
:cheers:
Paul
Old 11-27-2001, 12:58 PM
Chris@VetteFinders

Rhys
Nice video. That's my ideal type of road, but it looks so dangerous :eek: You're all riding on the wrong side of the road, man! :jester
:cheers:
Paul
I could post the mirror image if it would make you feel better. :D

Quick Reply: I'M SO CONFLICTED!!