C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1969 monza red vette

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2011, 06:19 PM
marcuscarlos
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1969 monza red vette

I was attempting to turn on the wipers this morning and all I know is they stopped working. The vaccum system is operating fine the hideaway wiper cover is operable however, the on and off switch started to smoke from underneath the dash. I guess Im f:"?> huh? Should I just replace the entire on and off system? the spark was awful to see... please let me know Im no mechanic but, I want to learn how to timker with this baby. Thanks in advance and any input would be greatly appreciated... Thanks, Roberto
Old 01-24-2011, 07:19 PM
MalibuVLX
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I assume, like you said, that you will need a new switch. My bigger concern, is why did it fry? I know that these cars are old and it may just have been its time to go. However, if there is a short or an amp draw, you will be eating switches left and right. My suggestion, is to get the switch and have it where you can unplug it, or cut the battery juice very quickly if it does not work right away. If it works correctly, then I would feel pretty good, the switch just gave out. Have you done anything under the dash or center console. It is very easy to snag a wire or short out a ground with the tight space. Good luck.
Old 01-25-2011, 03:33 PM
Easy Mike
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,471 Likes on 1,250 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran

Where, exactly, was the smoke? The wiper switch is above the center cluster and not "underneath the dash."

The fuse panel, on the other hand, is underneath the dash just above where your left foot would be if you were sitting in the car.

Have you checked the wiper fuse?

Get notified of new replies

To 1969 monza red vette

Quick Reply: 1969 monza red vette