C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Which year gen C3 do you guys prefer?

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2012, 12:45 PM
texas jim
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I didn't like my '81, as I have always liked the '60s models, I grew up loving those cars, and they were the hottest thing going at the time, but I got a great deal on my '81 and it wasfrom the original owner, super clean and never hit, all perfect. After owning it for awhile, I realized that it was the last year f/ the carb, it had the single leaf rear spring, the better riding and better design, the aluminum differential, just had all the better things out of any of the C3s due to it being perfected, having all the bugs worked out over all the years of experimenting w/ that model, ofcourse though, didn't have the horse power of the early C3s, but you can build an engine f/ it and have the best of both worlds. It handles great. Out of all the C3s, the '81/'82 are the best, all the bugs worked out and they handle as well as any of the C3s. W/ an engine, they run w/ the best of them. Go f/ the '81/'82 and put a good strong engine in it, and you'll have a great handling ***-kickin' 'Vette.
Old 02-22-2012, 09:44 PM
iokepakai
Burning Brakes

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

Default 76

The old school chrome bumper Vette's would be my first choice but my budget says another.Always liked the small window Vette's so I settled on a clean 76.With all my upgrades it's plenty fast and looks stock.I have a 6spd Richmond trans so cruisin on the hiway is great....Aloha's
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 02-22-2012, 10:15 PM
gdh
Le Mans Master

Received 92 Likes on 71 Posts

I love your '76, beautiful!

Quick Reply: Which year gen C3 do you guys prefer?