C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

whats the best cam for 350?

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2002, 05:55 PM
smthnpls
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: whats the best cam for 350? (gkull)

gkull...great looking car :cool:
Old 11-30-2021, 05:55 AM
Trevscar
8th Gear

Originally Posted by smthnpls
I'm in the process of building a new motor for my 79. I'm putting flattop pistons 30 over. using stock 1.94/1.50 heads with z28 springs. I'm considering the Comp cams 268H. I'm going to keep the orig gears in the rear and may put in a 2000rpm stall converter. I still want a driver, not lose my vacuum, but love the lope sound of a mean cam. I also want the best response off the line to blow away these pesky 5.0 Mustangs. Any ideas?

Hello to all you very knowledgeable and helpful people. I am a newbie here.

I hope I am posting this in the correct section???

I have spent countless hours researching and reading your very helpful topics since importing my 75 L82 convertible from Canada.

I do not intend to fully rebuild the engine at this stage; I will pull it down check tolerances and go from there.

The car has 65,000 original miles on it; it is a four-speed manual M21, 3.55 diff and Gymkhana suspension. The cats have been removed and what looks like a pretty standard 2” exhaust system fitted.

It otherwise seems stock. It’s not blowing smoke and is not rattly; it does have a few minor oil leaks.

I have completely overhauled the brakes and freshened up the suspension with new shocks, rubbers, bushes etc. etc. etc. The car has been sitting for quite sometime so needs some TLC. Later I will install a composite rear spring.

I am now putting together a shopping list in readiness to pull the motor and gearbox in the winter to give it a new clutch, fix the oil leaks and to try and get a few more horses from it. I want to keep the stock Carb and Air Cleaner if possible.

Below is what I am proposing; any comments or suggestions to this will be appreciated. Also some questions on whether I am on the right track. I don’t want to spend a fortune as I think the car needs a full resto…… but hell I’m too old!!!!

How do I determine the Push Rod length?

What are the best head bolts?

Should I change the exhaust system to 2.5”

Airflow Research (AFR) 1006 - AFR 195cc SBC Enforcer Cylinder Heads

Cylinder Heads, Enforcer, Aluminum, Assembled, 64cc Chamber, 195cc Intake, Angle Plug, Chevrolet

COMP Cams SK12-268-4 - COMP Cams Xtreme Energy Cam and Lifter Kits

Cam/Lifters/Timing, Hydraulic Flat Tappet, Advertised Duration 268/280, Lift .477/.480, Chevy, Small Block

Edelbrock 2701 - Edelbrock Performer EPS Intake Manifolds

Intake Manifold, Performer EPS, Dual Plane, Aluminum, Natural, Square Bore, Chevy, Small Block, Each

Fel-Pro 1204 - Fel-Pro Performance Intake Manifold Gasket SetsGaskets, Manifold, Intake, Steel Core Laminate, 1.99 in. x 1.23 in. Port, .060 in. Thick, Chevy, Small Block, Set

Summit Racing SUM-G5212 - Summit Racing™ HEI Advance Curve Kits

Distributor Advance, Mechanical, GM, HEI, Kit

Summit Racing SUM-G9003 - Summit Racing™ HeadersHeaders, Long Tube, Steel, Painted, Chevy, Small Block, Pair

ARP 134-3701 - ARP High Performance Series Cylinder Head Bolt Kits

Thanks to all in anticipation
Old 11-30-2021, 07:50 AM
stingr69
Le Mans Master

Received 1,065 Likes on 824 Posts

Welcome to the forum.

You are posting in a 20 year old thread. It would be better to start over with a new thread on your own.
Old 11-30-2021, 05:24 PM
Trevscar
8th Gear

Originally Posted by stingr69
Welcome to the forum.

You are posting in a 20 year old thread. It would be better to start over with a new thread on your own.
Thanks I will do that!

Quick Reply: whats the best cam for 350?