C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Media blast paint stripping in NJ?

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2003, 10:13 PM
Flareside
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Media blast paint stripping in NJ?

I guess the title pretty much says it all. I'm thinking about having the paint stripped off my '68 by a media blast company, but I don't know of any in the northern NJ area. Anybody know? The car's got at least 2 repaints on it, so the chemical strip and/or razor blade options are looking too time consuming.
Old 12-21-2003, 05:25 AM
Spook
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Media blast paint stripping in NJ? (Flareside)

Sorry I don't know a good shop right yet. I've got one paint guys card I saw at englishtown this past year on a C3 it was super hot but I don't know what I did with it. I can take a look and let you know who he is atleast then you can call and make your own determination. I can't really give you my final answer.
Old 12-21-2003, 08:19 AM
Pat71vette
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why don't you do it yourself I would think its easyer than anything else we do on our cars. Just ned a compressor, blaster and media I think eastwood will it.
I goning to try it I have a compressor just need blaster and media, I have sand blasted thats easy, just make sure you stuff rags in the intakes.
Old 12-21-2003, 10:04 AM
R1234
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I did this to my car and was pleased with the results. But it is true that the media gets into every nook and cranny. I just kept blowing it out until I got 99 and 99/100th's of it out. The outfit that did mine took it down to the original red primer to prevent damaging the panels. I then prepped the car the rest of the way for paint. The windsheild frame was also blasted down to the bare metal. I prepped and painted that with POR15.
I was charged 700.00 which I thought was pretty high considering it didn't have a front end. But they are the only place around here that does that kind of work.
Old 12-21-2003, 12:10 PM
moosie982
Safety Car

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Hi, I saw this ad in this mornings Times/Herald/Record out of Middletown New York, Orange County, QUICKSTRIP Inc, (845) 591-6611 or thier web address, http://www.quickstripinc.com I dont know a thing about this out fit so try and see,,,,,,,,,,,Good luck, Peace,,,,,,,,,,,,Craig :seeya

Get notified of new replies

To Media blast paint stripping in NJ?

Quick Reply: Media blast paint stripping in NJ?