Notices
C3s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C3 Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WTB: 68-72 Manual Corvette

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2018, 03:47 PM
jimco84x
Racer

Received 211 Likes on 109 Posts
2023 C3 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2020 C3 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2019 C3 of Year Finalist (track prepared)
Default 68-72 Manual Corvette

Hi all,
I'm finally seriously in the market for a 68-72 manual Corvette. I prefer a dark color such as blue, black, maroon or green(not Elkhart though). I prefer a convertible, but not a deal breaker. It needs to be manual transmission, or priced a little lower knowing that I will swap it. I"m not a purist, so I don't care about matching number anything. I do want a solid car with no frame or birdcage issues. Prefer a small block, but also not a deal breaker. The car will end up with suspension improvements and 375-425 hp as a target. Any modifications that will put closer to these targets helps. My preferred budget is probably $15-25k depending on the car and it's condition.

I've seen a few over the last 6 months, but wasn't fully funded to purchase so they got away. I'm located in Florida, so I prefer something in the southeast. (also not a deal breaker--I have shipped and driven car back before) While I'm excited to begin this project, I'm also patient. Something like this is an emotional purchase, and I'll know the right one when I see it.

TIA
Jim
Old 09-11-2018, 07:30 PM
70s Vette Guy
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 92 Likes on 72 Posts
Default 1969 Manual

Originally Posted by jimco84x
Hi all,
I'm finally seriously in the market for a 68-72 manual Corvette. I prefer a dark color such as blue, black, maroon or green(not Elkhart though). I prefer a convertible, but not a deal breaker. It needs to be manual transmission, or priced a little lower knowing that I will swap it. I"m not a purist, so I don't care about matching number anything. I do want a solid car with no frame or birdcage issues. Prefer a small block, but also not a deal breaker. The car will end up with suspension improvements and 375-425 hp as a target. Any modifications that will put closer to these targets helps. My preferred budget is probably $15-25k depending on the car and it's condition.

I've seen a few over the last 6 months, but wasn't fully funded to purchase so they got away. I'm located in Florida, so I prefer something in the southeast. (also not a deal breaker--I have shipped and driven car back before) While I'm excited to begin this project, I'm also patient. Something like this is an emotional purchase, and I'll know the right one when I see it.

TIA
Jim
I have a 350 1969 4 sp. I was looking forward to restoring it, but too many projects now. I can send you pics this weekend. It is an original CA car, no rust issues. Do you have an email or text number I can send them to. Asking $15,000. I will include all the replacement parts I have bought for it.

I have the following to install
New 1969 seats, Original restored frames, 100% new leather, foam, tracks, chrome and hardware.
Used power steering system, did not originally come with car.
I bought two doors with power windows for parts, currently manual windows.
Really low mileage headers and exhaust, like new.
Choice of rims, have three different sets. Original AZ rims, Western Turbines, Indy Mag Slots.
Misc. interior parts and gauges.

Let me know.
Jim

Old 09-11-2018, 08:24 PM
jimco84x
Racer

I'm open to seeing anything. My email is jimco84@gmail.com . Send some pics when you can, I'd like to see it .
Old 09-11-2018, 08:53 PM
binster
---------
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Here is mine. Lots of suspension and brake upgrades. Prior owner was prepping for engine upgrade, and took care or suspension, brakes, cooling and ignition first

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...e-4-speed.html

Last edited by binster; 09-11-2018 at 09:31 PM.
Old 09-11-2018, 09:17 PM
jimco84x
Racer

Originally Posted by binster
Here is mine. Lots of suspension and brake upgrades. Prior owner was prepping for engine upgrade, and too care or suspension, brakes, cooling and ignition first

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...e-4-speed.html
Binster,
I actually love your car. It sits right and has close to the look/feel I am going for. I have looked at your add at least 20 times. My wife, who is actually very supportive of my madness, doesn't care for the color. The paint work is beautiful and the body looks very straight. It would be a crying shame to paint over that to make my wife happy. I'll keep opening your add and planting the seed. If she bites, I'll be in touch. Yours is one that I'm a little surprised hasn't sold yet.

Jim
Old 09-11-2018, 09:29 PM
binster
---------
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Binster,
I actually love your car. It sits right and has close to the look/feel I am going for. I have looked at your add at least 20 times. My wife, who is actually very supportive of my madness, doesn't care for the color. The paint work is beautiful and the body looks very straight. It would be a crying shame to paint over that to make my wife happy. I'll keep opening your add and planting the seed. If she bites, I'll be in touch. Yours is one that I'm a little surprised hasn't sold yet.

Jim
Thanks Jim. Yes, would be a crime to repaint the car since the custom work dates back to the early 70’s

Juat tell your wife it identifies as a Burgandy car under all of that Orange. That was original color of car.

Last edited by binster; 09-12-2018 at 04:55 PM.
Old 09-15-2018, 05:45 PM
13BLACK
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi all,

TIA
Jim
what your looking for except for your suspension and hp upgrades, car is stock and total rust free, ncrs documented california car, 2k on body off restoration.
Old 09-15-2018, 05:49 PM
13BLACK
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi all,

TIA
Jim

Old 09-15-2018, 06:07 PM
jimco84x
Racer

Originally Posted by 13BLACK

Looks nice .Send me some more pics and asking price. Where is it licated?
The following users liked this post:
13BLACK (09-15-2018)

Get notified of new replies

To 68-72 Manual Corvette

Quick Reply: WTB: 68-72 Manual Corvette