Notices
C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

something the mustang owners have that we don't why?

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2001, 02:37 AM
RogueVette
Safety Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran

Default something the mustang owners have that we don't why?

being the owner of a ford I have to look thru all those ford and 5.0 magazines I have also been getting Vette and corvette fever for about 6 years
and they both SUCK nothing but fluff why is it that we have the better car with plenty that can be done to it and plenty of people willing to get into these cars as evidenced by the 100,000 posts on the tech part of this forum but all that our magazines talk about is "how to buy a corvette" ,"market trends",pictures of all the beautiful corvettes and so on we or at least I want some "this is how to do _____ mod" and these are our test results! 5 generations of corvette's hundreds of thousands of owners and we get "high fives at the C5 birthday bash" while over in the ford camp they are learning every speed trick imaginable and covering the feel good stories as well even the mopar guys who with the exception of the Viper have not had a real performance car since the 1987 SHELBY GLHS have better magazines then we do and I think it's crap. thanks for letting me vent I feel better and my wife appreciates your listening to me because "ricerperformance" or "Turbo & high tech performance covers all her stuff and thats even worse then the ford guys having better support then us
:confused:
Old 08-29-2001, 03:24 AM
Kale
Team Owner

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Re: something the mustang owners have that we don't why? (Aquaman93)

rust?
Old 08-29-2001, 04:06 AM
Yello95
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,232 Likes on 877 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11

Re: something the mustang owners have that we don't have?

Idunno...a horses asp? :lol: :smash: :D
Old 08-29-2001, 08:39 AM
tuband
Melting Slicks

Cruise-In I Veteran

Default Re: something the mustang owners have that we don't why? (Yello95)

Idunno...a horses asp? :lol: :smash: :D

ROTFLMaspO :D
Old 08-29-2001, 11:48 AM
sigung86
Drifting

Speaking only for myself, with some very minor mods (none to the engine) I'm really happy with the way my Vette runs and looks. What's to mod? That's not to say that there's anything wrong with modding, but I imagine that even that, for the most part is done at a different level.

I have a friend who is a Rustang freak. We good naturedly hassle each other all the time, but I don't understand his need to try to be the fastest thing out there. You can only go so fast so long before you either a. break down or b. get busted by your friendly local law enforcement.

As far as I'm concerned, when you have a Vette you have the best.

Just some maudlin' meanderin's on my part. :cheers:

Dan "used to love my 86" Farmer
Old 08-29-2001, 02:51 PM
Stevmill
Advanced

I totally agree with Aquaman93, I wish the Vette mags were a bit more "hands on" orientated rather than just showing a lot of pics of beautiful cars (don't get me wrong, I love to see the cars). I want to sit down and read a mag that gets my imagination flowing and makes me want to grab a wrench and go play with my car.
:smash: :smash: :smash: :smash: :smash: :smash:
Old 08-30-2001, 08:34 AM
black bart
Drifting

Default Re: something the mustang owners have that we don't why? (Stevmill)

Best mag for tech articles on engines is Chevy High Performance
:yesnod: :yesnod:
Old 08-30-2001, 09:55 AM
89AusVette
Racer

Default Re: something the mustang owners have that we don't why? (Yello95)

Re: something the mustang owners have that we don't have?

A small Tallywhacker? :O) :cheers:
Old 08-30-2001, 09:57 AM
65Z01
Team Owner

Received 300 Likes on 274 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran

I think the Corvette is a different automobile from the Mustang and the F-bodies and so has a much different owner base. So the dedicated pubs cater to the majority of readers, it's all about circulation.

Buyers usually get a Mustang or F-body for one of two reasons: cheap transportation or to rod it. The latter have their target pubs the former don't read car mags. People own a Corvette for diverse reasons, including performance, but apparently not the majority of owners/readers.

CF has had some good articles on mods and how-tos. Though I agree, I'd like to see more articles on enhancing performance of the C4. If you noticed a lot of articles are on the C5 these days. I suspect the archives have the C4 info.
Old 08-30-2001, 10:22 AM
Nathan Plemons
Race Director

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I don't subscribe to any vette magazines, but I can tell you that not all Mustang owners get magazines and live by them. I work with a few mustang guys and they do the same thing I do. They get parts from web-sites and they get info from Forums, or their own ingenuity. As has been stated above it's all in the for lack of a better term "class" of the owner.

Chances are that there are a lot more corvette owners that have internet access and will use that as a source for info. A good deal of mustang owners, at least around here, have no idea what a computer is and will opt for the magazine. That is assuming that they can read at all. I don't mean that in a bad way, but the truth is that a mustang is MUCH cheaper, and is cheaper to make go faster, so it makes the thrill of working on a car yourself available to those who might not be able to afford a Corvette.
Old 08-30-2001, 08:28 PM
88JDO
Racer

I think you need to subscribe to Super Chevy magazine or Chevy High Performance magazine. They offer a lot of good technical tips.
Old 08-30-2001, 08:50 PM
fstvette
Burning Brakes

Default Re: something the mustang owners have that we don't why? (Nathan Plemons)

One thing about the mustang is that there are more options when building a car. When it comes to vettes it seems like everyone has basily the same setup with a few variations. Mainly because the vettes come with better stuff from the factory, such as heads,intakes(except L98's :U ), trannys, rearends. When building a mustang you basically have to change everything on the car to make it fast and reliable. I personally don't like the mustang magazines because all they have in them are Full blown drag cars.
Old 08-30-2001, 10:55 PM
RogueVette
Safety Car

Cruise-In III Veteran

Default Re: something the mustang owners have that we don't why? (88JDO)

[QUOTE]I think you need to subscribe to Super Chevy magazine or Chevy High Performance magazine. They offer a lot of good technical tips./QUOTE]

I just did today to both of them I really had not paid much attention to them since there is usually some older chevy or a Camaro on the cover thank you for getting me to look at these.
Old 08-30-2001, 11:44 PM
ZBRA
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Subscribe to GM High Tech Performance. There are plenty of performace articles on LT1 and LS1 F-bodies. The motors are the same, so the same tricks work.

During the photo shoot for my Z28 to be featured in GMHTP, I asked Johnny Hunkins (cheif editor) why they don't have many 'Vettes in the magazine. He said that it was mainly the attitude and superiority complex of the average Corvette owner.

:chevy

Get notified of new replies

To something the mustang owners have that we don't why?

Quick Reply: something the mustang owners have that we don't why?