C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Plug change advise please..

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2001, 12:23 PM
Paul T
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Plug change advise please..

I plan on changing my plugs, wires ect. soon and need a little advise. This is the first time I will be tackling this with my 89, by the looks of it, it is going to be a little trickier then my old 76 L-82.. How tricky is it going to be changing the passenger side plugs, the driver's side looks pretty easy.. I will be using a standard swivel top rachet... I plan on going with Taylor wires but wondered if I should go with NGK for it seems to be a pretty popular and compatable plug with C4 users here.. I put in a K/N Air filter a few months back, is there anything else I should change while I'm under there... Thx all in advance!!
Old 09-02-2001, 01:22 PM
BobMachus
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: Plug change advise please.. (Paul T)

I just did my plugs and wires in my '88. The only real hassle was the #2 plug (pass side front). Remember to use anti-sieze on the threads of the new ones. The hardest part was routing the new wires. Remember to look at which ones go in front of the distributor and which ones go behind, according to the GM service manual this is very important. I got my Taylor wires and NGK's from speeddemonmotorsports for a very good price (look in the mall, they are a suporting vendor).

Bob

Quick Reply: Plug change advise please..