C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Car Cover

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2009, 05:07 PM
betyelou
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Car Cover

I've had a stormproof car cover for 4 years and it's starting to dry rot. Went to take it off today and it just ripped. This is the second time this summer that it has ripped. Is there any other type of cover that is waterproof, UV resistance and breathable. My car is outside all summer (rain and wind)and gets stored inside in October for the winter.
Old 09-05-2009, 12:21 AM
CE1
Burning Brakes

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

We got a california car cover 4 yrs ago and it works great. www.calcarcover.com
We got the superweave.
Old 09-05-2009, 01:41 PM
Greg0u812
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the info CE1.

I am also in need of a new cover. Mine is pretty well beaten to death after three years. I have a Wolf cover right now. Simply put......it started coming apart last year (I have sewn it back together
(around the mirrors) three times in the last year ). It needs to be sewn again at both mirrors.

This Spring we had a MINOR hail storm and it tore the snot out of the cover (I have to admit that the hail stones did have razor sharp edges to them, I wouldn't expect many covers to withstand that kind of abuse)

I paid about $250 for the cover (expected it to last about five years).
It does have a nice, soft "interior" that doesn't leave marks on the car.

I am wondering about the difference between the superweave (four year warranty) vs. the extremeweave (five year warranty).

Anyone have any experience with the extremeweave cover (that leaves it outside year round)?
I don't mind spending the extra cash if it is worth it.........I am just a tight type of person.

Hey.......if the extreme does as good or better than the super, why spend the extra bones for less warranty? I could easily be missing something though.

BTW, my '86 is also parked outside 24/7
Old 10-31-2009, 06:06 PM
alexmadison
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by betyelou
I've had a stormproof car cover for 4 years and it's starting to dry rot. Went to take it off today and it just ripped. This is the second time this summer that it has ripped. Is there any other type of cover that is waterproof, UV resistance and breathable. My car is outside all summer (rain and wind)and gets stored inside in October for the winter.
There are many types of breathable fabrics available. The big difference in price between the cheap covers (and tarps) and the good covers is due to the breathable fabrics. Never ever cover a car with a non-breathable cover. Condensation build-up under the cover can do lots of damage.

I have the max cover from empire its a 3 layer cover made from Tyvek developed by DuPont.

http://empirecovers-review.blogspot.com
Old 11-01-2009, 07:55 AM
betyelou
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by alexmadison
There are many types of breathable fabrics available. The big difference in price between the cheap covers (and tarps) and the good covers is due to the breathable fabrics. Never ever cover a car with a non-breathable cover. Condensation build-up under the cover can do lots of damage.

I have the max cover from empire its a 3 layer cover made from Tyvek developed by DuPont.

http://empirecovers-review.blogspot.com
Looked at the site above and read most of the reviews, sounds like a good cover for the price. Most reviews mention the fit. Knowing that it isn't a custom fit, how well does it fit your corvette and how would you rate it for waterproof and breathabality. Thanks
Old 03-30-2010, 05:55 PM
cc8074369
5th Gear

Old 07-02-2010, 07:56 AM
daca
Racer

hi, can you tell me if the cover you have is breathable? Do you like itand would you purchase another one when the time comes?

thanks

Get notified of new replies

To Car Cover

Quick Reply: Car Cover