Notices
C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Corvette Pinball Machine for the Man Cave. Check it out!

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2011, 06:15 PM
96 Vette CE
Banned Loser
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: They say you learn from your mistakes, I must be a genius
Received 250 Likes on 116 Posts
2017 Corvette of the Year
2016 C4 of Year Finalist
Creator of the "Original" whining and crying thread
St. Jude Donor '14-'15-'16-'17

That is just too freaking cool! Can i come over and play?
Old 03-23-2011, 06:22 PM
mrmtrtrnd
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Man that is REALLY NICE Can we all drop in and get a turn.
Old 03-23-2011, 06:55 PM
Frizlefrak
Race Director

Received 24 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by ElvisGraceBo
Frizz, I knew you would like this. I hope I didn't create a run on these pinballs. I may know where to get another or two but you will have to handle the deal and shipping.
I am having a hard tims leaving the mancave.....
Yep....as a teen in the 70's.....long before video games had caught on....spent many hours of my misspent youth playing pinball....and a Corvette machine is just.....almost essential.
Old 03-23-2011, 07:30 PM
JrRifleCoach
Team Owner

Location: Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction.
Received 640 Likes on 444 Posts
St. Jude '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-‘19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

Hmmm.... $3500 for a pinball machine. Probably be worth more than my C4 in a few years.
Old 03-23-2011, 08:44 PM
96 Vette CE
Banned Loser
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: They say you learn from your mistakes, I must be a genius
Received 250 Likes on 116 Posts
2017 Corvette of the Year
2016 C4 of Year Finalist
Creator of the "Original" whining and crying thread
St. Jude Donor '14-'15-'16-'17

Originally Posted by JrRifleCoach
Hmmm.... $3500 for a pinball machine. Probably be worth more than my C4 in a few years.
What do you mean in a few years.
Old 03-23-2011, 09:09 PM
ElvisGraceBo
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey rifle coach. I hope the machine is not a finicky as my Vette. I have learned to turn many wrenches keeping my Vette running. And I hope the Vette is worth more than I paid for my machine. I paid less than $3500 for mine. (the pinball was under $3000 delivered.)
You all can come and play if you are in the area. Just another perk of being a forum member.
Hey Frizz. Same here. I was always the one who would do anything for some quarters to play pinball. My friends and Iwould hang out by the grocery store and ask people to carry their bags to their car for pocket change. It really brings back memories. But today I hold the key and can give as many credist as I want to.... Its awesome having the key and the control. First time in my life for the pinball keys... Love it.
Old 03-23-2011, 11:21 PM
Frizlefrak
Race Director

Hey Frizz. Same here. I was always the one who would do anything for some quarters to play pinball. My friends and Iwould hang out by the grocery store and ask people to carry their bags to their car for pocket change. It really brings back memories. But today I hold the key and can give as many credist as I want to.... Its awesome having the key and the control. First time in my life for the pinball keys... Love it.
We'd save our lunch money, return Coke bottles, mow lawns, you name it for pinball money. Hours and hours spent at the arcades....

Hmmmm....wonder if I can still play?
Old 03-24-2011, 01:54 AM
Ramrod92
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran

You need to setup a tournament.
Old 03-24-2011, 02:14 AM
JrRifleCoach
Team Owner

Location: Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction.
Received 640 Likes on 444 Posts
St. Jude '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-‘19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

Originally Posted by 96 Vette CE
What do you mean in a few years.
Pulease! don't remind me.

There is an arcade near here that has one.
I usually **** off the owner by playing too long.
Old 03-24-2011, 09:23 AM
ElvisGraceBo
Burning Brakes

In daytona Beach there is an ice cream store that has a few pinballs. They have Elvira, harley davidson and f14 tomcat. All good games but the Corvette one is the best by far. I think I would like an elvira machine too in the near future. I wonder how much money I've spent over the years on pinball. I bet I could buy my Vette for the amount I paid to play pinball.
Yet today you rarely see pinballs anymore. Everything is video games. How can one compete with the video games of today. No wonder the arcade is dead. There are very few arcades left today and fewer of them have pinballs anymore.
All I konw is I got mine!
Old 03-24-2011, 12:30 PM
Frizlefrak
Race Director

All of this has me thinking....I haven't played pinball since Reagan's first term....I'm suddenly jonesing to stop by the car wash, stick $20 in the bill changer, and find a machine. Problem is, like Elvis said, I haven't seen one in a couple of decades now.

The feeling of the flipper buttons....that "CRACK" when you nailed the ball good and it hit the glass.... getting a free ball......having the 7-11 clerk get pissed off because you'd been hogging the machine for 2 hours.....giving him the finger and having him call the cops....

Ahhhhh....the lost days of youth.....

Last edited by H P Bushrod; 03-24-2011 at 09:36 PM. Reason: Watch your step too.
Old 03-24-2011, 02:17 PM
Jimbo 89
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Frizlefrak
We'd save our lunch money, return Coke bottles, mow lawns, you name it for pinball money. Hours and hours spent at the arcades....

Hmmmm....wonder if I can still play?
Me too!!! Hey Ron, can I bring my school books over to jack up the legs? See ya soon

Last edited by Jimbo 89; 03-24-2011 at 02:19 PM.
Old 03-24-2011, 03:17 PM
ElvisGraceBo
Burning Brakes

All of this has me thinking....I haven't played pinball since Reagan's first term....I'm suddenly jonesing to stop by the car wash, stick $20 in the bill changer, and find a machine. Problem is, like Elvis said, I haven't seen one in a couple of decades now.

The feeling of the flipper buttons....that "CRACK" when you nailed the ball good and it hit the glass.... getting a free ball......having the 7-11 clerk get pissed off because you'd been hogging the machine for 2 hours.....giving him the finger and having him call the cops....

Ahhhhh....the lost days of youth.....[/QUOTE]

Frizz. Sounds like we grew up together. everything you said really hits home and then some. We tried everything to get Free credits. The 7-11 guys hated us too. Do you remember lining up your quarters on the machine to call next game??? I remember when space invaders came in too.
Point... I talked to a distributor here in Orlando Florida and I asked him where I could go to see a selection of pinball machines for sale so I could try them all out and decide whicch one to buy. He told me "I don't know of any." We sat and talked for 35 minutes on how the arcades are dead for pinball machines with the advent of the PS3 and cubes and whatever. I don't know the first thing about a video game you attach to your tv but I do like stand up arcades.
Long story short, now may be the last time you will be able to find the pinball machine of your youth. The people who repair these things are a dying breed. I am lucky enough to know a few mechanics thru researching and buying my machines. Pinballs are out there now, people are selling them off due to the economy, but I don't for know how much longer you will be able to find some of the older more popular machines or a Corvette Machine.
Between my frined and I we have a Captain Fantastic (Elton John), a '78 KISS, 94 Corvette and 2 Pinbots.
All I can say is I came in from the mancave the other night and my wife asked what the big smile was on my face. I told her I have been playing pinball for 2 hours nonstop. Money well spent!
Old 03-24-2011, 03:17 PM
AGENT 86
Race Director

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts

Love it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-24-2011, 03:19 PM
ElvisGraceBo
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Jimbo 89
Me too!!! Hey Ron, can I bring my school books over to jack up the legs? See ya soon
Luckily we won't have to jack up the legs. But maybe we can jack up some beers and play a few dozen games of pinball.
Hope to see you this weekend at the Daytona Int'l Speedway for the car show..
Old 03-24-2011, 03:32 PM
Frizlefrak
Race Director

Between my frined and I we have a Captain Fantastic (Elton John), a '78 KISS, 94 Corvette and 2 Pinbots.
I remember those tables!!! There was also a Doors machine that played the opening riff to "Light My Fire" when you dropped the quarter in.

Flood of memories coming back my friend.....
Old 03-24-2011, 04:22 PM
ElvisGraceBo
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Frizlefrak
I remember those tables!!! There was also a Doors machine that played the opening riff to "Light My Fire" when you dropped the quarter in.

Flood of memories coming back my friend.....
AWESOM! I tell ya.... My friend out here and I started with the mancave thing and look what has happened.. We have fooseball tables, pinball machines, karioki machines, adn do you remember the old bar game shuffleboard? With the rstuff you shake all over the playfield. I saw one in good condition on Craigslist for $500.
Glad I was able to bring back some positive memories and feelings to some of my forum buddies. Peace!

Get notified of new replies

To Corvette Pinball Machine for the Man Cave. Check it out!

Old 06-18-2011, 08:28 AM
Cenobyte
Intermediate

Frizz. Sounds like we grew up together. everything you said really hits home and then some. We tried everything to get Free credits. The 7-11 guys hated us too. Do you remember lining up your quarters on the machine to call next game??? I remember when space invaders came in too.
Point... I talked to a distributor here in Orlando Florida and I asked him where I could go to see a selection of pinball machines for sale so I could try them all out and decide whicch one to buy. He told me "I don't know of any." We sat and talked for 35 minutes on how the arcades are dead for pinball machines with the advent of the PS3 and cubes and whatever. I don't know the first thing about a video game you attach to your tv but I do like stand up arcades.
Long story short, now may be the last time you will be able to find the pinball machine of your youth. The people who repair these things are a dying breed. I am lucky enough to know a few mechanics thru researching and buying my machines. Pinballs are out there now, people are selling them off due to the economy, but I don't for know how much longer you will be able to find some of the older more popular machines or a Corvette Machine.
All I can say is I came in from the mancave the other night and my wife asked what the big smile was on my face. I told her I have been playing pinball for 2 hours nonstop. Money well spent!
Aahh, what a familiar story...

I'm a big fan of the old school arcades too: Pac Man, Space Invaders, Gyruss, Galaga and ofcouse pinball machines!! A couple of months ago I got myself into pinball machines and bought one. Well, THAT turned out to be an addiction. I also found myself a very cheap Corvette pinball (only €850,- which is less then $1000 I guess?). The machine is dirty, but plays very well. The LT5 doesn't shake, so I'll have to fix that and it'll have to be cleaned, but after that I will have a very nice Corvette pinball machine.

A friend of mine also had 3 pinball machines which he did not have the place for anymore, so he put them in my game room, which now has 6 pinball machines!

Check out my mancave on http://www.cenobyte.nl/gameroom/index.html
Old 06-18-2011, 10:00 AM
kyyote
Instructor

Ah, back to the days of my misspent youth. Knock, knock, knock, knock, and one for "match", knock.
Old 06-18-2011, 11:02 AM
Elrick
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

seriously dig it. I must have one

Quick Reply: Corvette Pinball Machine for the Man Cave. Check it out!