Mo's Electric Corvette- Lot of Pictures

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2022, 08:26 PM
kael
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 243 Likes on 196 Posts
Finalist 2020 C4 of the Year - Unmodified

"Oh no, we Gonna Rock down to, Electric Cor-a-Vette, and then he'll take it higher!
Ho, Out in the street
Out in the street
Out in the daytime
Out in the night"

The following users liked this post:
SHARKBITEATTACK (02-22-2022)
Old 08-20-2022, 09:53 PM
ghlkal
Safety Car

Received 553 Likes on 424 Posts
2023 C4 of the Year Finalist- Modified
Finalist 2020 C4 of the Year - Modified
C4 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019
2018 C4 of Year Finalist

Hey Mo, any updates?

I love this project and I'm hoping you have some new goodies to share
Old 08-21-2022, 01:16 PM
Mo_Bandy
Melting Slicks

Received 58 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by ghlkal
Hey Mo, any updates?

I love this project and I'm hoping you have some new goodies to share

Hey there!

Thanks!
Unfortunately not really much happening.

I’ve been super busy with other things going on, but the Vette is still going well and strong 😊

Thanks for checking in though…

best regards,
Mo
Old 08-22-2022, 11:19 PM
pedricd
Drifting

Received 390 Likes on 302 Posts

Originally Posted by Mo_Bandy
Thanks Pedricd!
I'll keep a watch out for it, as I'm in Fremont, so Toledo is not all that far away.
Thanks for the invite!
Mo
This Saturday, cars and coffee at Toledo Executive (NOT express) airport hosted by the EAA, awesome
event…cars mixed in with very cool old planes that fly in. Your drive onto the tarmac. It’s “invite only” since it is at an airport, and I’m inviting you ! Let me know if you want details.

last year:

Last edited by pedricd; 08-22-2022 at 11:38 PM.
Old 08-23-2022, 08:27 AM
Mo_Bandy
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by pedricd
This Saturday, cars and coffee at Toledo Executive (NOT express) airport hosted by the EAA, awesome
event…cars mixed in with very cool old planes that fly in. Your drive onto the tarmac. It’s “invite only” since it is at an airport, and I’m inviting you ! Let me know if you want details.

last year:

Thank you for the invite, unfortunately my daughter just moved here from CA and we are having a house warming for her this Saturday. Perhaps the next time 😊

Best regards,
Mo
The following users liked this post:
pedricd (08-23-2022)
Old 12-22-2023, 02:43 PM
Brendonbosy
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Differential/Transmission Question

Hey Mo/Wayne,

I came across your interview at with Internal Combustion’s Youtube channel. Ive been pipe dreaming about doing an EV conversion for a while and your idea coupling Hyper 9s really blew my mind. Im not a fan of starting my first build trying to jerry rig a hacked Tesla rear end like Damien McGuire does, at least not until Im more experienced.

I was curious about your use of Torque Trends TorqueBox (1.9 reduction) coupled to a 2.59 diff. Did you consider going direct to the differential and swapping in a higher ratio ring and pinion like a 4.88 or something that gets you to the 5:1 ish ratio?

Reason I ask is Im floating that idea in my research as a way to reduce weight and drivetrain losses. My SC300 has a 4.27 which might be a little too sluggish even with 2 or 3 hyper 9s. Trying to see if theres kits out there that can bring it to 5.00 or higher.

Thanks!
Brendon
Old 12-23-2023, 09:48 AM
Mo_Bandy
Melting Slicks

Hi Brendon,
Yes I chose the Torque Box for a couple reasons.
The Dana 36 rear end about the highest you can go is are 4.11 gears. I was actually running 3.73's when it was supercharged. So I selected the 2.59's to put the motors at about 2000 RPM @ 60 mph with the overall ratio at 4.941. It was more personal preference, the Hyper 9HV's max RPM's are about 7000 rpm's the torque curve starts to fall off at about 4300roms and they are designed to run continuous at 3600 RPM's. So as you can see it's a matter of higher top end speed, or acceleration. Even with the 2.59's I was still faster than a stock Corvette which was 5.7 seconds. I was running 4.8 seconds consistently.I also wasn't worried about overheating the motor running it at a higher RPM.
The Torque Box has a parking pawl which is essentially like putting the car in park, rather than having to set the emergency brake to keep the car from rolling.
Also I felt the Torque Box was more robust in terms of gearing as well as connecting to the rear of the motors and mounting to the frame.
Coming straight off the 1 1/8" shaft that is keyed seemed a bit scary to me as you are counting on the bolts biting into the shaft to keep everything together. Where are the Torque Box coupler and mount are very beefy and also add another mouning point to keep the motors from moving around under acceleration etc.
If you wish to reach out directly my email is wrbickley54@gmail.com
Best regards,
Wayne
Old 12-23-2023, 04:02 PM
Natty C
Drifting

Received 704 Likes on 456 Posts
2023 C4 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2022 C4 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2021 C4 of the Year - Unmodified Finalist

Gosh. I've never seen this thread before. Really interesting project. Mad scientist stuff. Ha.

Quick Reply: Mo's Electric Corvette- Lot of Pictures