C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine
Old 03-02-2015, 08:13 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Engine and Powertrain
Print Wikipost

How to Adjust your Early C4 TPS and Idle Speed

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2022, 04:08 PM
Mountaineer
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

jseremba,

You're welcome ! Put up a post how it turns out for you.

Personally I set base idle to achieve an IAC commanded idle of 800. It is a bit high but I do this to keep the Powermaster (after market) alternator output at 13.5 v (measured at the battery). This ensures a constant charge on the battery when lights and fan are on and other electrical consumers are drawing power.
Old 12-04-2022, 04:11 PM
jseremba
Drifting

Received 48 Likes on 45 Posts

I usually try for 700 RPM idle. I think I am going to see if the injectors are all working. Then go after the idle. I know the injectors are firing. I'm not sure if the are supplying fuel. Back to basics. Thank you
Old 12-04-2022, 04:26 PM
Mountaineer
Instructor

Basics is always good....Maybe try Noid lights to test the injectors ? Not sure if a noid test will show if a functioning injector is actually squirting gas...I kinda figured that if an injector is getting a signal from ECM it is squirting fuel. In other words, its either working or not. But maybe not, interesting....

If you do decide to replace injectors it is do-able in your home garage ... I did it a few years ago, its tedious and requires a few special tools but straight forward if you follow all the steps... and its a good opportunity to get access to the fuel pressure regulator and install a fresh one... there is a Shrader valve right there on the fuel rail near the regulator you can hook up a gauge and adjust to proper pressure.

Old 12-04-2022, 04:32 PM
jseremba
Drifting

I have replaced the injectors in my 89. In fact I am going to redo the whole fuel system in the 89. Fuel pump, blow out the lines, fuel filter, new injectors.
I like the throttle body. You can look in and see the injectors working. I know my injectors have good resistance. But, I am not convinced the are all supplying fuel. TunerPro RT gave me some weird numbers. Have a good night. I'm packing for my trip back to the USA. I'm in Okinawa Japan now. TTFN
Old 12-04-2022, 04:37 PM
Mountaineer
Instructor

Ttfn !
Old 12-04-2022, 04:39 PM
jseremba
Drifting

Ta Ta For Now. Ciao, See you later alligator, Hosta La Vista. LoL

Quick Reply: How to Adjust your Early C4 TPS and Idle Speed