C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

89 multec injector problems

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2012, 06:36 AM
roaddawg
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe C
i've got to ask, why are you getting all that water in the tank? since you changed the fuel pump (twice - ???) due to a water issue, you should have changed out the fuel filter - TWICE! any water that got past the filter, most likely got to the FPR and injectors. now i'm no FPR/injector expert, but water past the filter isn't a good thing. i kind of sounds like you have fuel pressure, so what is the pressure at idle? you indicated that you installed new plugs, wires, cap and rotor, so, hopefully, we can eliminate those components. i question all those additives in the tank - can't be that good on the system. i'd start at the tank itself, and work my way back to the injectors. if you are positive the tank is free from water (including the fuel lines), and the pump in in good operating condition, I'D REPLACE THE FILTER, then work my way up to the FPR making sure the rest of the system is free from water, and then do a detailed fuel pressure test per the FSM. if everything checks out at that point, and electrically, you are getting signals to the injectors, most likely the injectors are toast. the next step is to give Jon @ FIC a call. sounds to me like the whole fuel system is contaminated...
Agreed. Going to do these things today.

The water first came from leaves clogging the drain. The second time I have no idea how it happened because I cut a big hole in the rubber. I think this crazy nut job lady down the street put water in it if you ask me....or her nut job son. We caught this little "handicapped" teen in our yard one night, 3 days after my tires on my F350 were cut as well as my ITP mudlites. My 2 teen daughters chased him down the road, he locked the gate then hid himself so the cops couldnt get to him. Thats a whole other thing though....at this point theres no telling if this is something they might have done or from the water.

We told his dad yesterday we caught him in our yard at 9pm at night. He refused to believe it. I guess when the kid get shot he might believe it. The bad thing is the kid isnt right....as in really "handicapped". The sadder part is his mother puts him up to doing stupid crap. The dad works all the time and has no clue.

Last edited by roaddawg; 03-03-2012 at 06:52 AM.
Old 03-03-2012, 06:45 AM
Joe C
Race Director

Received 724 Likes on 605 Posts

Originally Posted by roaddawg
Agreed. Going to do these things today.

The water first came from leaves clogging the drain. The second time I have no idea how it happened because I cut a big hole in the rubber. I think this crazy nut job lady down the street put water in it if you ask me....or her nut job son. We caught this little "handicapped" teen in our yard one night, 3 days after my tires on my F350 were cut as well as my ITP mudlites. My 2 teen daughters chased him down the road, he locked the gate then hid himself so the cops couldnt get to him. Thats a whole other thing though....at this point theres no telling if this is something they might have done or from the water.

We told his dad yesterday we caught him in our yard at 9pm at night. He refused to believe it. I guess when the kid get shot he might believe it.
well, if that's the case, it may have been more than water in your tank. you may want to invest in a locking gas cap.
Old 03-03-2012, 06:51 AM
roaddawg
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe C
well, if that's the case, it may have been more than water in your tank. you may want to invest in a locking gas cap.
I agree. After the first time I cut a bigger hole in the rubber and moved it from under the tree so leaves might stay out a little better. When I found it the second time I could see no other way water could get in the tank other than intentionally.

Quick Reply: 89 multec injector problems