C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Cat Temp light

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2017, 11:28 AM
jlvowell
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cat Temp light

When my '96 warms up, the Cat Temp light comes on. I have not been able to find any info on the internet and the previous owner put a piece of tape over it so that it didn't show. Anybody know what this means? Is it serious? It doesn't seem to affect the running of the car.

Thanks.
Old 05-21-2017, 03:43 PM
WVZR-1
Team Owner

Received 2,288 Likes on 2,045 Posts

Check the SPID for UD6 and maybe VE1 - If the label is present on the PCM still what is the information on that label?

I'd think likely easy enough to disable - being OBD2 a dealer might be able to research and confirm how to easily. None of the EXPORT compliant options are generally mentioned in the FSM released here. It would be an interesting question for a dealer. Take the VIN to a dealer - ASK and post back!!!
Old 06-28-2024, 09:16 PM
Elduderino
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by jlvowell
When my '96 warms up, the Cat Temp light comes on. I have not been able to find any info on the internet and the previous owner put a piece of tape over it so that it didn't show. Anybody know what this means? Is it serious? It doesn't seem to affect the running of the car.

Thanks.
Hey jlvowell do you have any update at all? I know this thread is as old as Methuselahs but its also as worhless as **** on a worthog if there is no answer ti the query proposed. Say?

Last edited by Elduderino; 06-28-2024 at 09:18 PM. Reason: Wrong user
Old 06-28-2024, 09:21 PM
Elduderino
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by WVZR-1
Check the SPID for UD6 and maybe VE1 - If the label is present on the PCM still what is the information on that label?

I'd think likely easy enough to disable - being OBD2 a dealer might be able to research and confirm how to easily. None of the EXPORT compliant options are generally mentioned in the FSM released here. It would be an interesting question for a dealer. Take the VIN to a dealer - ASK and post back!!!
Hablo Ingles? What? Haha JK. But seriously, what is SPID for UD6 and maybe VE1 - If the label is present on the PCM still what is the information on that label?

Get notified of new replies

To Cat Temp light

Quick Reply: Cat Temp light