C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Looking for schematic for wiper pulse board + component cross info

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2022, 10:13 AM
Vets-Vet
Drifting

Received 240 Likes on 176 Posts
Default Attempt to overhaul wiper pulse board, cross info on components

Good Morning,
I am dreaming here but I am trying to overhaul a wiper pulse board. The problem is that some of the components I believe are just date stamped. There a 4 transistors, 3 are marked with M 8467, which is probably a Motorola number with just a date stamp made just for chevrolet. There is 1 transistor with a 2N5306 number that does cross. There are 3 diodes as well with numbers not crossing easily but I have spent most of the time on the transistors. I am hoping a transistor testor can match a newer transistor by inserting a good used one and coming up with voltages etc and if it is a true transistor. The relays look in good shape. The caps can be crossed but it takes some work. Is there an actual schematic of the pulse board anywhere? I do not mean the car diagnostics schematics that break the pulse board down into simple components, I mean a real true schematic of the board.

I learned a lesson here as well. I had scrubbed the pins as best I could with what I had and doused them with contact cleaner. When I got the board out of the cover I could see I had not even begun to clean them. Anyone with a favorite tool for cleaning contacts and pins your suggestion would be appreciated.

This board uses the dreaded griplet, a rivet through the board to reach the opposite side electrically, Clean them up then solder the turd dodoo out of the them. Don't burn the board and don't get solder on other things.

If anyone has succefully replaced a Motorola 8467 please reach out to me.
as well with (G)? 9216 diodes. I believe they are zeners.

The caps are 50V 2.2uf.......50V 10uf......25V 15uf (had to substitute 50V15uf) .....16V 220uf. components are ordered if it works I will update, if it doesn't ??
Thanks
Donny

Last edited by Vets-Vet; 07-31-2022 at 11:07 AM.
Old 07-31-2022, 12:45 PM
FostersPerformance
Melting Slicks

Received 712 Likes on 496 Posts
2022 C4 of the Year Finalist - Modified

That might be tough to find, if not impossible (the schematic that is)....be a good find if you do...

Obviously you know your boards, but years ago I talked to my guy that repairs my pinball machine, after he fixed a board that literally set on fire, and IMO was destroyed. Couldn't believe it...anyways I asked him about boards from our cars and he said he could fix any of them. Never occurred to me to ask him as I dont have any left in my 88...
Old 07-31-2022, 12:59 PM
Vets-Vet
Drifting

I have the address of one nearby I am going to see plus some old avionics friends. Some of the pinball shops are no longer old school and service nothing but the ones the sell. Everything is changing. If I can get these couple of components together it would be easy after that.
Old 07-31-2022, 02:37 PM
FostersPerformance
Melting Slicks

Received 712 Likes on 496 Posts
2022 C4 of the Year Finalist - Modified

Obviously you have yours out and in your hand, but if you need any pics I still have mine from my 88 I removed.
And yeah, the old school pinball guys are getting rare...my machine is a 79 Genie.....love popping the hood on it and admiring the old school boards, solenoids, transformers, etc...really took alot of skill to work on them.
Old 06-12-2024, 08:24 AM
Vets-Vet
Drifting

Well it has been a while since this post but the good news I didn't kill it. The fix however actually occured while replacing my head gaskets. Three things I was able to do.
1. disassemble G104 with the drivers side down pipe out of the way and clean the block and connectors with a dremel/wire brush combination.
2. disconnect and clean the C2 - C3 wiper motor jumper connection.
3. replace my braided ground strap, it was dark and discolored but not much green.

There were a lot of "while I'm there" chores to accomplish during head gaskets and those were 3 of them. Some other devices came back as well, all the chimes came back to life, I didn't really know they were missing. I had repaired the board long ago and it did not make much difference and so I forgot about it as other things to repair took it's place. With rainy weather this week I decided to break out the schematics and give it another try. When I went out to make some voltage measurements they worked, I had not tried the wipers since doing the head gasket. This would have definitely been a light bulb test (load test) find / fix.

Last edited by Vets-Vet; 06-12-2024 at 08:32 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To Looking for schematic for wiper pulse board + component cross info

Quick Reply: Looking for schematic for wiper pulse board + component cross info