C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

L83 Crossfire Injection Engine Cranks but Wont Run

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2024, 10:49 AM
L-83 Delusionist
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ssro
Also i forgot to tell you but when ur timming your car, you gotta unplug a wire so that ur pcm doesnt controle timming, if ur car is as old as mine, its orange, but if wire are in good condition, its orange with brown strip i thin, remove the quick disconect ill show in the picture, this leaves to a resistor with 2 wires on the ther end, 1 to power, the othwr to pcm, unplug the one i will show, dont pull on the wire and end up breaking it like i did, pull on the conector now start your car, its gonna idle at '" perfect idle'" so factory is 6, mine is at 8, depends on the car ratio. Now time it, then once its timed plug back the switch and from there shut off engine and then start it again, now ur car should run fine and dandy

Is that for base timing only or timing period? isn't there also a procedure for timing at 2000+ RPM?
Old 06-18-2024, 10:49 AM
L-83 Delusionist
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is that for base timing only or timing period? isn't there also a procedure for timing at 2000+ RPM?
Old 06-18-2024, 08:51 PM
flannel_man
Drifting

Received 196 Likes on 116 Posts
Cruise-In VI Veteran

I'm 3 states away from my FSM, so can't help with the idle @ 2k question. Yes that is for setting base timing. Take it to 6⁰, then if it runs right you can try adding some to it. Some like 8, a few like 10

Quick Reply: L83 Crossfire Injection Engine Cranks but Wont Run