Notices
C5 Corvettes for Sale Classifieds: Used C5 Corvettes for sale as well as modified or stock Corvettes

F/S - 2003 50th Anniversary Edition Corvette Convertible - $ 46,000

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2009, 04:50 PM
LEJ ZO6
Burning Brakes

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Default F/S - 2003 50th Anniversary Edition Corvette Convertible - $ 40,000

F/S - 2003 50th Anniversary Edition Corvette Convertible - $40,000

Price reduced to $40,000

Here is the only snapshot I have of the actual car:

VIN No. 1G1YY32G435128524 purchased new 4/14/03 from Miles Chevrolet in Decatur, Illinois. 2,590 original miles, one owner Corvette - For Sale by original owner. Original window sticker. paperwork and manuals.

Standard equipment consisting of:

Powertrain / Chassis:

- 5.7 Liter 350 HP Sequential Fuel Injection V8 Engine
- 4 Spd O/D Auto transmission
- Active Handling
- Traction Control System
- 4 Wheel Independent Suspension
- Power Front/Rear Disc Brakes
- Power Speed Sensitive Rack and Pinion Steering
- Limited Slip Differential
- Aluminum 5 Spoke Wheels
- Extended Mobility Tires W/Tire pressure Monitoring System
- Oil Life Monitoring System

Safety / Security:

- Driver/Front Pass. Airbags
- Air Bag Off Switch Front Pass
- Remote Keyless Entry
- Passkey II Theft Deterrent System With Horn Alarm
- 4 – Wheel Anti-lock Brakes

Exterior:

- Power Heated Outside Mirrors
- Full Folding Top With Heated Rear Glass Window
- Retractable Halogen Headlamps
- Fog & Daytime Running Lamps
- Chrome Plated Exhaust Tips

Interior:

- AM/FM Stereo CD W/Bose Speakers
- Dual Zone, Electronic A/C
- Carpeted Floor Mats
- Driver Information Center
- Cruise Control With Resume
- Intermittent Wiper System
- Leather Seating Surfaces
- 6-Way Power Seats
- Tilt Leather Wrap Stng Wheel
- Power Door Locks & Windows
- Remote Decklid & Fuel Dr Rel
- Parcel Net

Options Installed by Manufacturer:

50th Anniversary Edition:

- Memory Package
- Electrochromatic Mirrors: Inside Rearview & Left Outside Rearview
- Magnetic Selective Ride Control
- Steering: Power Telescoping & Manual Tilt Steering Column
- Twilight Sentinel
- Head Up Display
- 50th Anniversary Package

Axle: 3:15 Performance Ratio
Body Side Moldings
License Plate Frame: Front
50 – State Emissions
Front Tire-P245/45ZR17 BW SBR
Rear Tire-P275/40ZR18 BW SBR
50th Anniversary Shale

TOTAL VEHICLE PRICE (MSRP) $56,755.00

In addition the local dealer added:

- Signature Finish Paint Protection
- Signature Finish Fabric Protection
- Signature Finish Vinyl/Leather Protection

There are also 2 sets of floor mats included. The original mats were replaced
with aftermarket mats upon delivery. The original Anniversary mats
have never been used and have never even been stepped on.

This Corvette has 3,012 original one owner miles as of 8/21/2009. It is always garaged and stored for the winter. It is in absolutely NEW condition without a scratch on it. Purchased and owned by my 83 year old uncle. He wanted a Corvette all his life and has fulfilled his dream of owning one. He is recovering from knee surgery and has difficulty getting in and out of the car. He has recently purchased a handicap van and realizes it is impractical to keep and drive this car. He would like to see someone that would appreciate the car as much as he has own it. I told him I would offer it for sale on the Corvette Forum for him. The car is located in Illinois.

F/S - 2003 50th Anniversary Edition Corvette Convertible - $40,000

If you are interested in purchasing this car or would like more information feel free to E-mail or PM me or call my uncle directly, he does not have internet access. Call (217) 652-2789 and ask for John. Please be patient, he is a little hard of hearing.

Last edited by LEJ ZO6; 08-21-2009 at 01:26 PM. Reason: Add pictures
Old 05-05-2009, 07:22 PM
builtfspd2
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

very nice car though!
Old 05-05-2009, 09:49 PM
magnetized
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

Pics of the actual car and not GM press pics would help IMO.
Old 05-06-2009, 03:27 PM
LEJ ZO6
Burning Brakes

Thanks Tom & LPE385 !

This is a very special car to my uncle. I'm sure since its his first Vette and a 50th Anniversary model it is something very special to him. I don't know what the market value should be. Maybe this thread will help determine that.

I do know that my wife and I bought a 40th Anniversary Corvette convertible new in 1993 and just loved it. We put over 150,000 miles on it in 10 years and replaced it with a 2003 non-Anniversary convertible. We liked the '93 so well we actually looked for a low mileage 40th Anniversary car to replace it with. We weren't able to find one at that time but we would have jumped at the chance to have found one with the miles and condition of my uncles 50th. I would have gladly paid $10 off sticker for a brand new Anniversary car 10 years after they quit producing them.

Someone asked for actual pictures of the car. Remember, this guy is 83 years old. I don't know if he owns a camera or not. If he does, I'm almost certain it isn't a digital camera. He doesn't have a computer or internet connectivity so it would be difficult for him to send me a picture to post even if he had one. I live in Florida and he lives in Illinois so I can't just go over and take one for him. I don't mean to offend anyone ... BUT ... what difference does it make whether it's a stock GM photo or a picture of the real car - They look the same.

Here is the only snapshot I have of the car. It was taken in my incles garage in July 2008. It looks new here and it still looks new - it only has 2500 miles on it.

Lloyd Johnson
Tampa, Fl.

Originally Posted by radstom
Ok guys and dolls,
This is where this community can help out an 83-year-old. Pretend he is your uncle. What would be a price more in line with the market that would be fair to both seller and buyer. I'm still new to this so I can't offer a good suggestion.
Mods, if this is considered interferance please delete the post.

Last edited by LEJ ZO6; 05-06-2009 at 03:31 PM.
Old 05-06-2009, 03:44 PM
builtfspd2
Drifting

Your going to get mixed results on this. I use KBB, Edmunds and NADA as a guide. Everyone tells me these guides are NOT useful when determining a selling price. On the other hand, these same people seem to use these guides when trying to buy one.

ebay is not an accurate guide because there are 1400 vettes for sale on there and we all know half of them do not get sold.

Some people can help out and give you there auction wholesale input.

But as said before on other threads, The actual selling price of your car is WHAT someone is willing to pay for it. If someone is willing to pay $46k, then its justified. In this economy, IMHO, it will be a tough sell.

KBB Private Party Exc. Condition: $30,600
Edmunds Private Party Exc. Condition: $26,224
NADA Clean trade-in: $29,200

Hope this helps. I used Excellent condition and loaded up on all options. As we all know, If you were to trade it in, a dealer would base his starting price on Fair Condition trade-in value. I did do the values using a 6-speed, not sure how much difference in price would be.

Keep an eye on the sale. I knew an elder gentleman who also didnt know the value of his vette and a buyer came and made an offer and he accepted. Lets just say the buyer saved over 6k off the trade-in value.

Last edited by builtfspd2; 05-06-2009 at 11:25 PM.
Old 05-06-2009, 04:03 PM
LPE385
Melting Slicks

Received 111 Likes on 53 Posts

LEJ Z06, I'll send you a PM to help you out.
Old 05-07-2009, 07:57 AM
LEJ ZO6
Burning Brakes

I found three 50th Anniversary Corvettes on the web site of a well known Corvette dealer in Orlando.

One is a coupe with an asking price of $34,900.

Two are convertibles with asking prices of $44,900 and $45,900.

I have no idea of what these cars will actually sell for but the advertised prices are pretty much in line with what my uncle thinks his is worth. Actually, I would rather buy from an individual like him than a dealer where I would have to pay sales tax.
Old 05-10-2009, 09:16 AM
Cig35
Racer

Dont know if will help or not, but I bought the same car with a 6 speed last year for $31K with 13000 miles. from a private party. Car was perfect in every way. I thought that was a fair price.
Old 05-10-2009, 07:08 PM
TPA Z06
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LEJ ZO6
I found three 50th Anniversary Corvettes on the web site of a well known Corvette dealer in Orlando.

One is a coupe with an asking price of $34,900.

Two are convertibles with asking prices of $44,900 and $45,900.

I have no idea of what these cars will actually sell for but the advertised prices are pretty much in line with what my uncle thinks his is worth. Actually, I would rather buy from an individual like him than a dealer where I would have to pay sales tax.
Not sure what the laws are in IL, but the buyer may have to pay sales tax when he registers the vehicle in his home state. I know that's the way it works in FL.

As for the asking price, I agree that you'll have to do some research via the other sources mentioned in this thread. I don't know specifics, but might Barrett-Jackson be a viable option for him? He'll have to pay a premium (10% maybe?) if it's sold, but he may be able to get closer to his asking price in an arena such as that. Out in the real world, I'm guessing it's gonna be a much tougher sell.

Regardless, best of luck and by all means keep the board posted on what ultimately happens.

Last edited by TPA Z06; 05-10-2009 at 09:01 PM.
Old 05-11-2009, 02:32 PM
4theboy
Pro

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Vette N00b
Not sure what the laws are in IL, but the buyer may have to pay sales tax when he registers the vehicle in his home state. I know that's the way it works in FL.
Same here. But it is still considerably less than purchasing through a dealer. I think the max. is around $1,500 on a car over $30K.
Old 05-12-2009, 10:50 AM
Rumble65
Heel & Toe

LEJ Z06 I live in N IL about 30miles NW of Chicago. I have a digital camera and if close to your Uncle I can help take pics if you would like. Fred 815-344-3857

I have been looking for a car just like this for many years now, since they came out and I test drove one, waiting for prices to come down. Most of my research is done on eBay which is definitely wholesale price when they actually do sell. Here is what I have in a data base from last Nov. I am showing just the ones that sold. There were 51 eBay listings for the same period with only these 7 sold.

Nov 16, 2008 $22308 49994 mi auto dealer
Mar 2 2009 $28400 8639 mi auto dealer
Mar 16 2009 $35000 3365 mi man private
Apr 12 2009 $25000 16220 mi auto private 1yr warranty remaining
Apr 23 2009 $25000 13787 mi auto dealer
Apr 27 2009 $25500 34071 mi auto dealer
May 1 2009 $25800 44292 mi auto dealer ended auction early

The highest asking price for a car with similar mileage (4000mi) was $36,995 and it got only 2 offers without selling.

Personally, I will not buy another car from eBay unless I can see it in person and drive it. I would rather pay a few extra $. Pictures can hide things only an eye can see no matter how good the pics are.

Hope this help a bit. Wish I could afford your Uncle's AE but I got downsized from my company in Jan 09 and with no job prospects yet I am living frugally. Good luck with the sale.

Fred
Old 05-12-2009, 11:57 AM
C5smithjack
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

I was going to try and help you out. I run a dealership in the NE and we have this amazing soft where program/tool. I punch in the VIN, the Miles, Options, etc and it will pull every single similar vehicle car via the VIN in the entire country. Every single one that is on every web site, it will list what the price the dealer or person is asking and how long it has been in their inventory (on-line). It will break down geographical statistics, of what the average price/age is in the NE, WEST, CENTRAL, etc. Also, every one that has sold at auction over the last 90 days through out the country as well. It also lists out KBB, Gals, Black Book and NADA. You take all of this information and put it all together and then you will the most informative real time market data available. But at the end of the day it comes down to one person. All it takes is one person that wants the car. If you list a price (not 46k, 46k is insane) but a real, even high price like $32,900.00 and you are firm. All the people in the world can make you offers below that but that one gal or guy that wants it bad enough they will have to pay the $32,900. I could not pull any information on your car based on the VIN you have listed. It is saying it is the wrong VIN. Without loading the VIN into the system I think the car is worth 27K-28K wholesale and 28k to 32k retail. I will check back and see if the correct VIN is available and I will load it for you if you like. Good luck
Old 05-12-2009, 03:00 PM
LEJ ZO6
Burning Brakes

Thanks,

I'll pass this along to my uncle.

Lloyd

Originally Posted by Cig35
Dont know if will help or not, but I bought the same car with a 6 speed last year for $31K with 13000 miles. from a private party. Car was perfect in every way. I thought that was a fair price.
Old 05-12-2009, 03:07 PM
LEJ ZO6
Burning Brakes

Thanks for the info.

My uncle is down in Springfield so that is quite a ways away.

Sorry to hear about your job. If your financial situation were better I'd encourage you to go down to Springfield and see this car. You won't find a better one anywhere. Armed with all the pricing info you have if you could make a reasonable offer, who knows, you might get a great deal.

Lloyd

Originally Posted by Rumble65
LEJ Z06 I live in N IL about 30miles NW of Chicago. I have a digital camera and if close to your Uncle I can help take pics if you would like. Fred 815-344-3857

I have been looking for a car just like this for many years now, since they came out and I test drove one, waiting for prices to come down. Most of my research is done on eBay which is definitely wholesale price when they actually do sell. Here is what I have in a data base from last Nov. I am showing just the ones that sold. There were 51 eBay listings for the same period with only these 7 sold.

Nov 16, 2008 $22308 49994 mi auto dealer
Mar 2 2009 $28400 8639 mi auto dealer
Mar 16 2009 $35000 3365 mi man private
Apr 12 2009 $25000 16220 mi auto private 1yr warranty remaining
Apr 23 2009 $25000 13787 mi auto dealer
Apr 27 2009 $25500 34071 mi auto dealer
May 1 2009 $25800 44292 mi auto dealer ended auction early

The highest asking price for a car with similar mileage (4000mi) was $36,995 and it got only 2 offers without selling.

Personally, I will not buy another car from eBay unless I can see it in person and drive it. I would rather pay a few extra $. Pictures can hide things only an eye can see no matter how good the pics are.

Hope this help a bit. Wish I could afford your Uncle's AE but I got downsized from my company in Jan 09 and with no job prospects yet I am living frugally. Good luck with the sale.

Fred

Last edited by LEJ ZO6; 05-12-2009 at 03:09 PM.
Old 05-12-2009, 03:14 PM
LEJ ZO6
Burning Brakes

That sounds like a great tool. If you want to put info about this car in the database I'd be all for it.

I checked the VIN and it looks correct. I pulled it off of the Retail Installment Contract and it corresponds to the VIN on the dealer option sheet. I don't have the registration and I don't have access to the car to double check. I guess the dealer could have made a mistake on some of the paperwork but I doubt it.

Thanks,

Lloyd

Originally Posted by C5smithjack
I was going to try and help you out. I run a dealership in the NE and we have this amazing soft where program/tool. I punch in the VIN, the Miles, Options, etc and it will pull every single similar vehicle car via the VIN in the entire country. Every single one that is on every web site, it will list what the price the dealer or person is asking and how long it has been in their inventory (on-line). It will break down geographical statistics, of what the average price/age is in the NE, WEST, CENTRAL, etc. Also, every one that has sold at auction over the last 90 days through out the country as well. It also lists out KBB, Gals, Black Book and NADA. You take all of this information and put it all together and then you will the most informative real time market data available. But at the end of the day it comes down to one person. All it takes is one person that wants the car. If you list a price (not 46k, 46k is insane) but a real, even high price like $32,900.00 and you are firm. All the people in the world can make you offers below that but that one gal or guy that wants it bad enough they will have to pay the $32,900. I could not pull any information on your car based on the VIN you have listed. It is saying it is the wrong VIN. Without loading the VIN into the system I think the car is worth 27K-28K wholesale and 28k to 32k retail. I will check back and see if the correct VIN is available and I will load it for you if you like. Good luck
Old 05-14-2009, 09:40 AM
C5smithjack
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

We input 1,000-1,200 cars per month. Every once in a while we can't pull the data and it is always because the VIN is wrong. I tried it three times to no avail. I don't know if because when you put it into this web site or if the paper work is wrong or what but I bet if you print out the VIN that is on this web site and match it to either the car or the Registration it will be wrong. If not then it will be the first time for no good reason this system just can't pull data. Anything is possible though. If I have leaned anything in life I have learned that.
Old 05-14-2009, 10:14 AM
LEJ ZO6
Burning Brakes

I'll call my uncle as soon as I get a chance and see if he can read the VIN to me right off the car.

Thanks,

Lloyd

Get notified of new replies

To F/S - 2003 50th Anniversary Edition Corvette Convertible - $ 46,000

Old 05-15-2009, 08:09 AM
minitech
Safety Car

Received 33 Likes on 30 Posts

I would seriously do this for your uncle. Assure him that if he puts another 5000 miles on it there will be minimal loss of value if that is what he is concerned about.

And at 83 years old the fun of driving the car or riding in it is very valuable.

If it was a long term investment it is not long enough by another 20 years from now so why not drive it some.
Old 08-21-2009, 08:51 AM
LEJ ZO6
Burning Brakes

Default Price reduced from $46K to $40K

Car now has 3,012 miles on it as of 8/21/2009.

ttt

Last edited by LEJ ZO6; 08-21-2009 at 01:29 PM.
Old 08-21-2009, 03:35 PM
meadowz06
Race Director

Received 968 Likes on 574 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09 and '13

This is a nice car, but if you do a little research, you will find the appropriate price for the car.

Quick Reply: F/S - 2003 50th Anniversary Edition Corvette Convertible - $ 46,000