Notices
C5 Corvettes for Sale Classifieds: Used C5 Corvettes for sale as well as modified or stock Corvettes

Will C5 Corvette with mods hold it's value?

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2010, 10:55 AM
71SHARK454
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lots of good thoughts, but I think we are missing the reason we all love our Vettes. They are performance cars that are meant to be driven and make a statement. There are better choices for "investment" cars than a C5, but performance, bang for the buck, sex appeal and just the sheer pleasure of driving them is the real reason we love them. So bottom line is what are you going to do with your C5? If you plan on modding it anyway then I think if you buy one that has the mods is the best way to go, if you are going to keep it stock then buy a stock one. You really take in the shorts if you buy a stock Vette then modify it. You may get 10-25% return on your mods if you are lucky. Just my .02
Old 08-30-2010, 02:24 PM
ZombieSoldier
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

in my experience... i had a 2006 Chrysler 300c that i bought new. last fall it had it had 28,000 miles and i had over $26,000.00 in body, paint, and performance mods. It was a real cool car, it ran great, and got attention everywhere, and every show took home first place trophies. I was only able to get $17,000 for it when i got rid of it. nobody would touch it for anything higher because they were afraid of every having an accident because of the custom paint, and scared that the mods would have voided the warranty.

Quick Reply: Will C5 Corvette with mods hold it's value?