Notices
C5 Corvettes for Sale Classifieds: Used C5 Corvettes for sale as well as modified or stock Corvettes

FS: (SOLD) 2001 C5 Navy Blue Metallic with White Top - $17,999obo

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2021, 09:22 PM
Always_a_rhythm
Advanced

Received 22 Likes on 7 Posts
Default (SOLD) 2001 C5 Navy Blue Metallic with White Top - $17,999obo

Hey friends,
I'm putting up my car for sale here. I think the car is priced very appropriately; but open to reasonable offers. Shoot - if it doesn't sell, I'll probably fall in love with it again in spring and keep it.
Manual transmission 6 speed. 3 pedal car.
2001 beautiful Navy Blue Metallic Corvette convertible. White on blue on black.
Factory white top - not tan, not black; it was a factory option. Rare.
Black leather interior. I have literally never seen another one with this exact color combo in person.

BOSE speakers. Original head unit and radio. I have wired a Bluetooth receiver into the Aux port on the back of the radio. It keeps the original look and functionality of the radio (which is actually pretty good) and adds Bluetooth behind the scenes for streaming your music; just press "aux" on the factory system.

The car has approximately 49,000 miles. I just took it for a 500 mile drive as a last "hurrah" and the car is very reliable. I would drive this car cross-country in a heartbeat. And many of the miles on the car were road trips with the wife. The car has been a blast but I've got 2 kids now. We will miss this car.

There's lots of little upgrades for reliability and performance. Tasteful mods. I'll try to list them here, but I'm sure I'm forgetting some.
- Corsa Sport Exhaust (sounds amazing when you get on the loud pedal, but quiet on the highway and absolutely no drone. This is the best part of the car. I've had people tell me it sounds so good from a launch.)
- Veraram Carbon Fiber Air Intake. Spruces up the engine bay and eliminates the restrictions in the original air intake.
- C6 Z06 shocks (they're a direct bolt in from the C6 to the C5). Original leaf springs remain but the ride is better damped. Rides more like a C6 now which is a good thing.
- LMC5 Column Locker Installed to get rid of the dreaded column lock issue prevalent on all C5s.
- More durable Brass gear (OEM is plastic) installed on the pop up headlight (passenger side)
- Fangs and rollers in the front of the car to keep it from scraping
- Trunk popper spring - the old trunks would stick closed against the weather stripping. This solves that. Pops every time.
- LED headlight bulbs and tail light bulbs (the OEM lights are so dim it was scary to drive at night).
- New Brakes and rotors installed in 2019. Plenty of life.
- New fluids (transmission, diff) in 2019.
- Oil changed every 5k miles - only Mobil 1 used. Check it, it's nice and amber colored (not dark).
- Note the 2001 and later C5s did not suffer from the ABS module failures as the early C5s did; also the module is rebuildable. ABS, traction control and stability control all work as intended
- HUD Heads Up Display - maybe it's just me, but I feel like a fighter pilot when I see that through the window.
- I have a stack of receipts that can go with the car if you want them for the 5 years of my ownership.

Other notes:
The driver's seat is in excellent condition (this is uncommon). The power bolsters work, the 2 stage lumbar works. The passenger seat is in excellent condition (this is fairly common)
Wheels are the original 5 spoke wheels from GM with the TPMS (Tire Pressure Monitoring System) which works.
Tires are Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+ in great shape (the best all seasons for this car).
Just inspected, good till October of 2022.
The car needs nothing. Turn key, drive away. No lights on the dash.

Known issues
- The driver side rear-view mirror does not always reset along with the seat pre-set button when changing drivers. Usually it's just me driving the car so not an issue. But if the wife jumps in and uses her seat pre-set, you just have to adjust the mirror separately.
- Once in a blue moon the car will start and the dash display "pull key wait 10s." Turn off the car and wait 10 seconds and it's good to go. I understand it to be a remnant of the LMC5 steering lock issue that affected all C5s. Read up more on the forums if you're not familiar with it.
- Look, it's a 20 year old GM product. She ain't perfect, but I've done my best to keep her in good shape. The paint is excellent for it's age, but there are small scratches and paint chips consistent with a car that's actually been driven.

Carfax screen shot included. I can send you the Carfax if you're serious.
$22,000 Retail value according to Carfax. Priced lower for quick sale before winter and due to above known issues.

Inquire if interested. Happy to show you the car.
Looking to deal locally. Cash or Certified Bank Check takes it.
Test drives with a valid driver's license.
Asking $17,999 or best offer.

Email for detailed replies (but I don't check email every day): ryan.s.goodnight@gmail.com
Text me for fast replies. Usually in an hour or so.
I can talk on the phone too, but I'm typically busy 9-5 M-F work hours.

Car is located in Springfield PA. West of Philadelphia.
Ryan G
Phone: 484, 800, 6390

Last edited by Always_a_rhythm; 11-07-2021 at 09:29 PM.
The following users liked this post:
ShadyLady (03-17-2022)
Old 11-07-2021, 09:26 PM
Always_a_rhythm
Advanced

Here's the carfax.
No accidents.
A few too many owners, yes. But a few of them were just dealerships buying and selling the car with no miles.
PS - if you want to pay the full 22000 Carfax price, that's OK too. LOL.
Please reach out if any questions.

Old 03-17-2022, 08:29 PM
Always_a_rhythm
Advanced

Car is sold.
Please close thread.
Thank you.
Old 03-18-2022, 01:25 AM
Vetteman Jack
Administrator

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: In a parallel universe. Currently own 2014 Stingray Coupe.
Received 19,985 Likes on 14,400 Posts
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
MO Events Coordinator
St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-
'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor
CI 5, 8 & 11 Veteran

Congrats on the sale. Thread closed.

Get notified of new replies

To (SOLD) 2001 C5 Navy Blue Metallic with White Top - $17,999obo

Quick Reply: FS: (SOLD) 2001 C5 Navy Blue Metallic with White Top - $17,999obo