C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sts Tt At Home Install Diy *pics*

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2005, 08:30 PM
NAVY08
Race Director

Received 54 Likes on 48 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07

Default STS TT At Home Install DIY *pics*

Well i have to begin by saying thanks to Mark because otherwise this install wouldent have happened at all, without his help and lift i wouldent have been able to start. THanks also to Marks friend Bob and Nick Yoskin who stopped by to do some wrenching on friday. THanks also to my friends jack and Kevin who helped with the install too, and to Marks wife for making coffe and dinnner and my girlfriend katie for holding the directions and handing me tools

We started Friday morning and worked all day, then started saterday morning and worked all day and put in about 2 hrs on sunday... and we arent done yet. We will have to finish it next weekend after the Army Navy game. (I goto Navy, wach us win and look for me on tv )

I would say this isnt really a DIY project, but se started it and were gonna finish it. the way that the directions skip some major things are and the way that all my parts didnt come in on time is and tryinmg to fit the pipes through the rocker pannels is . Here is a link to the page where mark uploaded the pictures we took on his camera, im still waiting for the pictures from jacks camera, ill post them when i get them.

TT install pics
Ill start with a step by step comments tips and notes in a little bit tonite and ill post the rest of the pictures when i get them.

Last edited by NAVY08; 11-27-2005 at 08:49 PM.
Old 11-27-2005, 08:36 PM
InSaNeKaMeL
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

looks like you guys are doing good! good luck
Old 11-27-2005, 08:38 PM
mdhmi
Team Owner

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That's a little surprising. I thought much of the allure of the STS kit was that it was supposed to be pretty simple to install.

Good luck.

Mark
Old 11-27-2005, 08:40 PM
chriswtx
Le Mans Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Old 11-27-2005, 08:41 PM
Bill Reid
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

... kinda surprised they didn't provide t-bolt clamps for the charge ducting... especially considering the length and vibration potential.

Instructions? You don't need no stickin' instructions! . Hell, looks to me ya got it. Maybe you could write instructions and post them up with your great pics so that others considering this kit will perhaps pull the trigger and go to the dark side

Nice work
Bill
Old 11-27-2005, 08:48 PM
NAVY08
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '06-'07

Originally Posted by Bill Reid
... kinda surprised they didn't provide t-bolt clamps for the charge ducting... especially considering the length and vibration potential.

Instructions? You don't need no stickin' instructions! . Hell, looks to me ya got it. Maybe you could write instructions and post them up with your great pics so that others considering this kit will perhaps pull the trigger and go to the dark side

Nice work
Bill
Thanks, thats the plan, to hepl everyone on here that wants to do it themselves, cause their are some great tipe that we came up with while doing the the install. good thing is that since their are two turbos, you have to do alot of stuff twice, the second one goes a bit faster, doing this isntall you learn a little about every single part of the Vette, its neat. more to come... the other pictures are loading right now
Old 11-27-2005, 09:18 PM
fig32
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Bob,
Don't you know that twins fitter better on a blue vette

Get the rest of the pics up and get me the intercooler as soon as it comes in. We need to finish this thing up next weekend and see what she will run.

Mark
Old 11-27-2005, 09:21 PM
ONealLaw
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '05-'06

Nice post... Great install pics... I appreciate you sharing!
Old 11-27-2005, 09:47 PM
NAVY08
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '06-'07

Originally Posted by fig32
Hey Bob,
Don't you know that twins fitter better on a blue vette

Get the rest of the pics up and get me the intercooler as soon as it comes in. We need to finish this thing up next weekend and see what she will run.

Mark
Mark, if it was hadt to install it in a coupe compaired to a Z immagine how much of a nightmare it might be to cram it in a vert yeah im as ancious to get it going as you are, I need this week to be over already are you sore too?
Old 11-27-2005, 10:06 PM
fig32
Instructor

Bob,
I am very sore. I don't think it would be any harder to cram all that stuff into a vert. After everything we did this weekend, I am very sure your car could be turned into a convertible with my trusty sawzall! What do you say?

Get some sleep and this week will surely fly by!
Old 11-27-2005, 10:17 PM
NICK YOSKIN
Le Mans Master

Received 74 Likes on 46 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Old 11-27-2005, 10:25 PM
Cajundude
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Cruise-In 7-8-9-10 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12

Originally Posted by NAVY08
their are some great tipe that we came up with while doing the the install.
Please share! I have this kit sitting in my garage and will start the install in probalby two weeks. I'm still waiting for the intercooler but I still need to put my clutch in before I do this kit.
Old 11-27-2005, 10:29 PM
Skunkworks
Melting Slicks

Your getting there. As far as pipes fitting exactly, I would be very surprised if they fit exactly with the lengths involved.

Mike
Old 11-27-2005, 10:34 PM
NICK YOSKIN
Le Mans Master

Received 74 Likes on 46 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by Skunkworks
Your getting there. As far as pipes fitting exactly, I would be very surprised if they fit exactly with the lengths involved.

Mike

very true
Old 11-27-2005, 10:48 PM
NAVY08
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '06-'07

So far the pipes all the way up to the intercooler lined up nopt too bad, they are very well made and lined up suprisingly well once they were in place, now getting them in place was one thing im still working on getting all the pictures together and my photobucket wont let me post pictures anymore, somethin about bandwith exceeded and im internet stupid so itll just bel inks for now. im getting things ready to do a step by step install, here are the rest of the pictures, ill take requests for pictures of anythingt if you all are intrested.

more...
Old 11-27-2005, 11:24 PM
Scubanme
Melting Slicks

Hey guy, I just finished my STS install and I have 50-55 man hours. Right now it runs like crap with the tune that I was sent. The tubes that run down the rocker panels are a real SOB at best. I did my own heads and cam, headers, injectors, intake, timing chain, oil pump install in alot less time. I just wanted you to know you are not alone bro. I got to get to bed, I've got way too many hours in this project over the last 5 days. Oh yeah, I had 2 friends who helped me out some. Tomorrow I can go to work and rest on a jet engine.

Old 11-27-2005, 11:26 PM
Scubanme
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Bill Reid

Nice work
Bill
The goo dpart of the kit is the instructions are pretty good.

Get notified of new replies

To Sts Tt At Home Install Diy *pics*

Old 11-27-2005, 11:31 PM
Scubanme
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by NICK YOSKIN
very true
I have to admit, the pipes are all the perfect length, which is an amazing feat! They are to the exact length. I used a bearing driver that fits the I.D. of the rocker panel tubes to drive them where they need to be. I had the benefit of having a really nice shop to do all my work in. I will post that subject on my own thread.

Old 11-27-2005, 11:35 PM
NAVY08
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '06-'07

Originally Posted by Scubanme
The goo dpart of the kit is the instructions are pretty good.

are you kidding? the insturctions leave alot out and alot to be desired, ill post more tomorow bed time for me too.
Old 11-27-2005, 11:57 PM
Scubanme
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by NAVY08
are you kidding? the insturctions leave alot out and alot to be desired, ill post more tomorow bed time for me too.

Ok, OK, Pipes L1 and R1, are wrong in the manual...LOL. Yes they don't tell you that you have to trim the inner fender wells of every wheel. They don't tell you to "prime" the turbos with oil before you start the car. The manual was not correct on the oil pump location. They don't say you SHOULD take out the tunnel stiffener and remove the H-pipe. You really should remove the sway bars. etc.

OK, you're right..LOL.
I was trying to be nice, good night. I'm beat from a 5 day install with not much sleep.

Quick Reply: Sts Tt At Home Install Diy *pics*