C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wide band pig tail?

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2011, 12:56 PM
AZZ-KIKR
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Wide band pig tail?

I am running a AEM 30-4100 wideband in the car, I was planning on welding in a 3rd bung for this unit, however I was told that there might be some sort of pig tail that would come off the harness and hook into the factory O2 connector, therefore I would not need to weld in an extra bung.. I would just use the O2 that comes with this unit and then plug in the factory 02 plug into this harness.

The picture below is of the harness that comes with the wide band and there is a connector that has a cap that comes off that appears can be used to hook something else up to it. Does anyone know if this does exist and if so, what the PN is on it?

Old 05-16-2011, 02:40 PM
5 Liter Eater
Le Mans Master

Received 38 Likes on 32 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11

You can't plug any WB sensor into the stock narrow band connector. The thing the arrow is pointing to is the resistor that was installed with that particular sensor to calibrate it. To have the AEM simulate a narrow band you can set the output to nerst cell emulation and you'd have to splice the output wire (white) into one of the narrow bands. But IMO this is a bad idea. Also you would use up the one output the AEM has to emulate the narrow band so you could not send it to tuning software. Just weld in a third bung.
Old 05-16-2011, 03:05 PM
AZZ-KIKR
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the information!
Old 05-16-2011, 03:56 PM
Milan
Safety Car

Received 48 Likes on 37 Posts

I think Casper Electronics or Racetronix makes what you are talking about...

Get notified of new replies

To Wide band pig tail?

Quick Reply: Wide band pig tail?