C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HP Performance in Roswell

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2011, 12:51 PM
slowchevy
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HP Performance in Roswell

Does anyone know what happend to them? Ive tried calling a handful of times and it keeps telling me that their line has been disconnected. Have they closed?
Old 12-06-2011, 01:45 PM
SBCGENII
Melting Slicks

Received 42 Likes on 39 Posts

Only know one person that has one of there kits but it was on a mustang and had them install it. Alot if people on the forums though seem to have problems getting parts from them. UPP makes a similar kit.
Old 12-06-2011, 06:29 PM
mdaniel
Le Mans Master

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

I thought they were gone years ago, but I've been wrong before.

One of our locals has an HP kit on his C5. The car definitely moves out..
Old 12-06-2011, 06:35 PM
user_name
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The majority of shops that have built turbo kits for late model vettes and fbodies over the past decade have gone out of business or no longer make the kits. True Story.
Old 12-06-2011, 07:08 PM
mdaniel
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by user_name
The majority of shops that have built turbo kits for late model vettes and fbodies over the past decade have gone out of business or no longer make the kits. True Story.
The same is true for aftermarket shops in general. It's sad, but that's just how it is. It's easy to go into business, but much harder to make it long-term. How many people know how to tune, take care of the mechanical elements, -and- run a business? Not many.

It sucks though - a number of those bygone turbo kits (PTE, HP, etc) had some serious potential.

If I were starting over I likely would not buy any of the kits on the market. Instead I'd have something custom built and wouldn't have the common problems associated with the T3s, crummy BOVs, etc. In fairness, how many people are willing to pay what it really costs for a complete turbo kit the first time around? Not many.

The $6-8K sounds seductive until you realize what's really involved.
Old 12-06-2011, 07:14 PM
user_name
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by mdaniel
The same is true for aftermarket shops in general. It's sad, but that's just how it is. It's easy to go into business, but much harder to make it long-term. How many people know how to tune, take care of the mechanical elements, -and- run a business? Not many.

It sucks though - a number of those bygone turbo kits (PTE, HP, etc) had some serious potential.

If I were starting over I likely would not buy any of the kits on the market. Instead I'd have something custom built and wouldn't have the common problems associated with the T3s, crummy BOVs, etc. In fairness, how many people are willing to pay what it really costs for a complete turbo kit the first time around? Not many.

The $6-8K sounds seductive until you realize what's really involved.
I agree, but when it comes to people who sell PARTS, the turbo kits rarely stay around a long time with continued support versus blower kits, engines, transmissions, diffs, etc.

A good kit is not cheap. I hear ya.
Old 12-06-2011, 07:39 PM
BLOWNBLUEZ06
Tech Contributor

Received 69 Likes on 47 Posts

Did you say Roswell??

Maybe aliens got em'.....Maybe.
Old 12-06-2011, 08:32 PM
Mike04
Safety Car

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by slowchevy
Does anyone know what happend to them? Ive tried calling a handful of times and it keeps telling me that their line has been disconnected. Have they closed?
What are you looking at
Old 12-06-2011, 08:50 PM
0Arun@CCP
Former Vendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by BLOWNBLUEZ06
Did you say Roswell??

Old 12-06-2011, 09:15 PM
Corvette-Chris
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '08

HP Performance is too busy fabricating TT and quad-turbo kits for the sh*t that goes on at Roswell to be the least bit concerned with our crappy forms of transportation LOL
Old 12-06-2011, 09:17 PM
algZO6
Melting Slicks

Received 106 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by BLOWNBLUEZ06
Did you say Roswell??

believe it or not they have a pretty decent track out there. you are right though, everything is alien over there. hell even the mcdonalds is in the shape of a ufo.
Old 12-06-2011, 09:44 PM
black98c5
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Old 12-06-2011, 11:45 PM
SBCGENII
Melting Slicks

Received 42 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by user_name
I agree, but when it comes to people who sell PARTS, the turbo kits rarely stay around a long time with continued support versus blower kits, engines, transmissions, diffs, etc.

A good kit is not cheap. I hear ya.
Engines, transmissions and diffs have a much bigger market than a top of the line turbo kit especially for the c5 market. Its not a good platform as far as turbo charging goes as far as space is concerned. A one off kit you might get perfect but it will not be cheap and can cost more than you can get a c5 for these days. It sucks cause turbos are the way to go as far as power is concerned and it gets better everyday, procharger recently came out with the f1x to replace the R, if you look up how many times turbo technology changed in the same time it would be exponetial.
Old 12-07-2011, 12:48 PM
slowchevy
Heel & Toe

Thanks for the update. They are propbobly out of business. I have not spoke to them in years. I know they made a pretty bad *** kit for the c5's.
It is a shame what the economy has done to performance market. I am just now getting back into the Vette world and have been out of the loop for a number of years. Thanks to Mike04, hes getting me back into the scene again.
Ive never heard of UPP. How are there kits and why dont more people run their product? From the majority of the research that i have done it seems like most people are running blowers. Why is that, if the mail order TT kits are withing the same price range?

Originally Posted by Mike04
What are you looking at
Im working on something buddy you shall see. You made me think about my decision a little harder and i have come up with a conclusion!
Old 12-07-2011, 01:05 PM
PhilsZ51
Pro

I bought a HP Performance kit last October from them. The last that I knew they were still in business. They rarely ever answer their phone and if they do, it is the secretary and she will tell you that someone will call you back that afternoon, but they don't. The techs supposedly only return calls after 4 - HA!

It was a great kit but I would never order one from them again. Took me well over a month to get the kit. In the beginning, they guaranteed me to have all the pieces to the kit within two weeks.

Twin 6665s made 829/829 with 15 lbs of boost on my 02 Z. 390ci with 110 octane.

Apparently there are 2 very similar companies that make the same kit, in the very same city. HP Performance told me the similar company stole their design and started to make it. Not sure if that is true or not.

This is the company HP told me isn't them - kind of confusing. But it does look like the HP website is no more.

http://peregrineperformance.com/Turbo%20Kits.htm
Old 12-07-2011, 01:51 PM
mcantuaria23
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I bought the kit back in 2007 and the kit is very strong if you have the right parts. I don't know any other tt turbo kit can make that amount of torque. They went out business in Dec last year because of lack of suppliers and buyers.

Last edited by mcantuaria23; 12-07-2011 at 01:55 PM.
Old 12-07-2011, 03:10 PM
0CK@UPPCOS
Former Vendor

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

Thanks for the update. They are propbobly out of business. I have not spoke to them in years. I know they made a pretty bad *** kit for the c5's.
It is a shame what the economy has done to performance market. I am just now getting back into the Vette world and have been out of the loop for a number of years. Thanks to Mike04, hes getting me back into the scene again.
Ive never heard of UPP. How are there kits and why dont more people run their product? From the majority of the research that i have done it seems like most people are running blowers. Why is that, if the mail order TT kits are withing the same price range?

Im working on something buddy you shall see. You made me think about my decision a little harder and i have come up with a conclusion!
Our kits are relatively new compared to other kits on the market for the vettes (2yrs), and there are a few members on the board here running out kits. Carl, BlackMachDown, and Tin to name a few. A couple of them have done write ups, both in the C5 and C6 section.

We usually always try to answer the phones, as well as curise the boards to make sure we can answer questions, and help with installs.

Our kits are similar to the placement of the HP's being under the fenders. And right now we're offering a sale for the month of December.

www.uppcos.com/ttvette.htm

If there's any questions you have, hit me up, or feel free to give us a call. 719-575-0202

CK

Get notified of new replies

To HP Performance in Roswell

Old 12-07-2011, 07:31 PM
slowchevy
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by CK@UPPCOS
Our kits are relatively new compared to other kits on the market for the vettes (2yrs), and there are a few members on the board here running out kits. Carl, BlackMachDown, and Tin to name a few. A couple of them have done write ups, both in the C5 and C6 section.

We usually always try to answer the phones, as well as curise the boards to make sure we can answer questions, and help with installs.

Our kits are similar to the placement of the HP's being under the fenders. And right now we're offering a sale for the month of December.

www.uppcos.com/ttvette.htm

If there's any questions you have, hit me up, or feel free to give us a call. 719-575-0202

CK
Thanks for the info CK. What kind of boosted power can you make on with stock internals?
Old 12-07-2011, 07:39 PM
mdaniel
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by mcantuaria23
I bought the kit back in 2007 and the kit is very strong if you have the right parts.
I have no doubt the kit has some -serious- potential given the ability to run large turbos.

Originally Posted by mcantuaria23
They went out business in Dec last year because of lack of suppliers and buyers.
I'm willing to bet that if the one or two guys that worked there still have a pulse and are reachable they'd be happy to fabricate the kit for you. I'd just get the pipes from them. You can easily get the turbos, BOV, gates, and IC elsewhere.
Old 12-09-2011, 12:24 PM
0CK@UPPCOS
Former Vendor

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

Thanks for the info CK. What kind of boosted power can you make on with stock internals?
Really it depends on your supporting mods, and other attributes, like what fuel, meth injection, etc.

But here's a few examples:

C5 Base Automatic (bone stock, 91) - 550whp 10psi

C5 Z06 (bone stock, E85)-612whp (clutch slipping) 8psi

C6 LS2 (91 w/meth) - 609whp 8psi

C6 LS3 (91 w/meth) - 650whp 9psi

C6 LS2 (built, e85)- 818whp 14psi

CK

Quick Reply: HP Performance in Roswell