Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lifts - Choices?

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2006, 04:58 PM
OC1Dave
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just bought and installed a PP4-HD9 from America's Pride after speaking with Rick Nickerson at Corvettes at Carlisle. The entire transaction, delivery and installation went flawlessly. You can see a photo of its initial lift at:
http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/...80924999PMsAvm
My advice is to go with the heaver duty 9m# kift if you want to lift a truck, or just to have a safety margin. The cables and fittings are much heavier duty. I made the ceiling of my garage 12' (net, started at 13' before lights, floor pour, etc., and I am glad I went that high. I can park the C5 on top and an Impala SS under. The Burb or the Trailblazer won't fit under the Corvette. The Burb just fits on the ramps with the mirrors tucked in, and the cars fit fine. The lift was easy to assemble using my engine boom type lift to handle the pieces - the ramps are VERY heavy. The only outside help one may need is that of an electrician to wire the 220 motor and plug. I should have bought one years ago. Rick can be reached at 800-348-4244 ext 101. They are located in Seekonk, Mass.
Old 11-15-2006, 05:06 PM
xwing
Race Director

Received 81 Likes on 57 Posts

You can use any two-post lift; Just drive up on 2x12s. My Mohawk A7 Asymmetrical 2-post lift won't fit under my car with the jacking pucks engaged, but it's no problem once I drive up on 2x12s. I just cut a 2x12x8 into 4 sections and beveled each cut for easy drivability.
Old 11-15-2006, 05:25 PM
BlueL36
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cruise-In V Veteran
Cruise-In VI Veteran

In my garage, Kwik Lift works fine. If I was going with a four poster or even a two poster, I've noticed that a lot of the car TV shows have a Bend Pak lift. Don't know if that is an advertising ploy or if the Bend Pak is better than the rest.
Old 11-26-2006, 08:03 AM
Bob Holinski
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 80 Likes on 55 Posts

Well, I decided to try the M815 from All American Lifts. It's a BYB style and the modified it by shortening the posts a few inches so I could move it from one section of the garage to another. It arrived one week after it was shipped. Earl at All American was great to work with.

Quick Reply: Lifts - Choices?