Sponsored by:

C5 Z06 seat dismantle

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2008, 12:39 AM
MN-Brent
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default C5 Z06 seat dismantle

Hi from C3 land. Im putting C5 Z06 seats in my C3 with VERY low customized slider tracks -inspired by CARPEDM. I have a couple of questions about the C5 seats I hope you guys can help give me some direction with.

Is it possible to remove the electronics & motors on a C5 Z06 seat without having to remove the lower foam?

Can the lower seat cushion skins and foam be removed without having to remove the top section?

Can you remove the cushions off the frames without having to pull off the skins?

Appreciate any replies

Brent.....

Last edited by MN-Brent; 04-15-2008 at 12:42 AM.
Old 04-15-2008, 01:25 AM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Received 9,045 Likes on 5,389 Posts

You will have to remove the lower skins and foam to get the tracks off the seat. Although the Z06 seats are not sport seats the only major difference is in the seat back foam and skins. The Z seat only has 1 foam piece and 1 skin for the seat back. Here are some instructions on how to take apart a Sport Seat:http://www.vetteessentials.com/instr...er_change.html .

I put sport seat skins on my Z seats two years ago and followed these instructions. You can remove the seat bottom skin and cushion without removing the seat back skin and cushion.

You have to pull the skin to get the foam off.

Bill
Old 04-15-2008, 01:42 AM
JohnTheStigGalt
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Bill Dearborn
You will have to remove the lower skins and foam to get the tracks off the seat.
Actually, to get the tracks off, you do not need to remove the skins. You will have to reach up inside the seat with a 13mm ratcheting box end wrench (this is the only tool that will work). There is a nut on each corner that threads down on a stud or bolt (depending on the year). Feel for it first, and then fish the ratcheting box end in there. I have BIG hands and I can squeeze up under with no problem.
The following 2 users liked this post by JohnTheStigGalt:
Dbcrusader36 (05-29-2020), Moto One (06-01-2020)
Old 04-15-2008, 03:47 AM
jpandes
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by SeaLawyer
Actually, to get the tracks off, you do not need to remove the skins. You will have to reach up inside the seat with a 13mm ratcheting box end wrench (this is the only tool that will work). There is a nut on each corner that threads down on a stud or bolt (depending on the year). Feel for it first, and then fish the ratcheting box end in there. I have BIG hands and I can squeeze up under with no problem.
Old 04-15-2008, 08:05 AM
SargeZ06
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SeaLawyer
SeaLawyer is right. I just removed the power motor and frames from a set of Z06 seats and mounted my C3 frames to them and put them in my 71.
Old 08-24-2012, 02:04 PM
Maxx_Z06
Safety Car

Received 278 Likes on 86 Posts
C5 COTM Coordinator

I decided to bring this old thread back since i'm also in the process of switching out my z06 black seats for mod red z06 seats. So in order to remove the seat track from the seat you wont need to remove the seat bottom to get to the bolts? What about when it comes to re-fastening the new seat, can this still be done without removing the bottom?
Old 08-24-2012, 03:09 PM
bumble-z
Le Mans Master

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

As mentioned in the previous posts, you will not have to remove anything but the four fasteners per seat.
You won't be able to see the fasteners, but your wrench will be able to tighten/loosen them. (one on each corner)
Old 08-25-2012, 12:36 AM
Maxx_Z06
Safety Car

Received 278 Likes on 86 Posts
C5 COTM Coordinator

Got the seats off the tracks earlier today...not soo bad.. Well see how the reverse process goes.
Old 05-29-2020, 06:41 PM
Dbcrusader36
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Hey guys I have a set of these seats I’m about to put in my c3 and was wondering what you used for the hardware when mounting the c3 tracks to the bottom of the c5 seats, thanks a bunch!
Old 05-29-2020, 09:36 PM
Dbcrusader36
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by SargeZ06
SeaLawyer is right. I just removed the power motor and frames from a set of Z06 seats and mounted my C3 frames to them and put them in my 71.
hey when you put them in your 71 was there clearance enough for them to slide on the c3 seat tracks or did you end up using washers for spacers?

Get notified of new replies

To C5 Z06 seat dismantle

Quick Reply: C5 Z06 seat dismantle