Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I bought my first Corvette!

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2022, 09:20 AM
Eurx
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts

Congrats! OP How much did you end up paying for it?
I snagged my first C5 in August for $12k (Base) but super happy with it!
Old 10-07-2022, 09:57 AM
mcbrucey
Racer

Received 121 Likes on 83 Posts

Congrats on the new vette. Just take the car to a local corvette shop. Have them look at the gas issue. Could be nothing.
Old 10-07-2022, 03:14 PM
TCFS
Burning Brakes

Received 661 Likes on 325 Posts
2021 C5 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2020 C5 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

@Sojourner congratulations for your purchase, and welcome to the forum. there are 2 philosophies in regards to repairing car in this forum at least.
1st - if no issue, don’t touch. 👍🏼
2nd - replace everything you can by preventive maintenance, and while you are at it, add a lot of goodies.🥳

my advice, since I was in the same situation as you 3 years ago, with a car with 110kmiles, salvaged title, is to drive, listen, observe and ENJOY. Don’t rush yourself to repairing things. Read a lot of stickies in this forums and in the others. Find a reputable and trustworthy shop which can do repair on this car, avoid dealership as far as I understood for the US market. The corvette and LS engine is a well known platform and simple to work with until you face very specific computer issues. Even that, the car will give you hints of what is happening by giving you readable codes on the DIC.

don’t check your plug wires and plugs with this mileage except if your have misfire, the simple fact to dismount the wire will force you to replace them all, they are probably tight and the plastic material is hardened. At least I could read this from several poster. The plugs are supposed to be changed at 100kmiles.

the tires probably need to be replaced by more recent ones, except if the previous owner changed them, which I doubt if he just drove it 2000miles.

all the best! Have fun, drive carefully to start with, don’t let the machine bites you and check it little by little.
TCFS

Quick Reply: I bought my first Corvette!