Sponsored by:

2003 C5 Corvette Steering Wheel Domed Emblem

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2023, 12:48 PM
Sea Biscuit
Advanced

Received 34 Likes on 20 Posts
Default 2003 C5 Corvette Steering Wheel Domed Emblem

Long shot, but anybody know where to get the anniversary one pictured below?

Thanks in advance.

Old 04-06-2023, 02:41 PM
PlanoLeMans
Instructor

Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts

I don't mean to high jack the thread but I would like to pass on some information. My daughter was unfortunately involved in an accident and had the air bag on the steering wheel activated. I am grateful that the air bag did its job and she walked away with only minor injuries. One of the injuries was that the air bag cover came at her with such force that she had the logo of the car company, that was on the airbag cover, burned upon her skin on her face. So I am saying to all, think hard about what you are putting on the airbag cover. Don't put anything on that cover that you do not want to be embedded into your body in the event of an accident.
The following 2 users liked this post by PlanoLeMans:
redzg (04-10-2023), Slo.c5 (01-21-2024)
Old 04-06-2023, 02:48 PM
rrwirsi
Melting Slicks

Received 1,241 Likes on 789 Posts

Try RPI Designs.

C5 Corvette Steering Wheel Domed Decal Emblem - RPIDesigns.com
Old 04-06-2023, 03:05 PM
Sea Biscuit
Advanced

Originally Posted by rrwirsi
Thanks but I did…no luck on the anniversary one even though they show it on the website (and no idea if they will ever get this particular one).

Still looking.
Old 04-06-2023, 03:24 PM
NTSOMLO
Intermediate

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Try this for size.
1997-2004 C5 Corvette Steering Wheel Domed Decal Emblem - Google Search
Old 04-06-2023, 03:30 PM
killain
Race Director

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 522 Likes on 318 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03 thru '24
Oldtimer

I spoke with some vendors and RPI and there isn't really a good source for the doomed emblems, there was this company 'World wide vettes international' I think that was their names and I seem to remember their website is still up , but I never got a answer from them after a number of emails from me. Back when I had my first C5, in 2004, there was a young guy who made the most perfect silicon doomed emblems, back then I got my first 50th Anniversary coupe, and I bought 2 sets of sill and steering wheel graphics emblems, I sold my car back in 2010, but I still have a set of the sill graphics which I'm going to install on this new 50th. Convertible i bought last year. But I remember he had some kind of personal sort of problem and he left his company and it closed. But I thought someone would pick up the product production , but I guess that never panned out and RPI has a few of them still left, and or they themselves are reproducing them, and I was able to purchase on of the silver ones, but Tammy wasn't able to tell me if they are able to keep producing them, sad cause this young guy, his work was truly out of this world, great detail and I don't think that's ever going to come back and as the C5 ages they are going to be even less available, and that leaves only the vinyl decals, and I don't feel they are much of an option ?
Old 04-06-2023, 03:35 PM
Sea Biscuit
Advanced

Originally Posted by NTSOMLO
I’ve done a lot of searches but when you call the vendors, they are either out or not selling the 50th anniversary ones because apparently no one has them in stock?

Just thought on the off chance someone knew where one actually existed for sale…still looking though.

And I agree, the vinyl ones/stickers are not an option for me.

Last edited by Sea Biscuit; 04-06-2023 at 03:41 PM.
Old 04-06-2023, 03:47 PM
NTSOMLO
Intermediate

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Looks like Zip has them.

1997-2004 C5 Corvette 50th 1 3/4in Domed Cross Flag Emblems (2pc) (American Car Craft 32058) (zip-corvette.com)
Old 04-06-2023, 03:57 PM
Sea Biscuit
Advanced

Close, but no cigar…this item is not for the steering wheel. I already checked with Zip and cannot be applied to the steering wheel…only meant for flat surfaces.

But thanks for your efforts!😀
Old 04-06-2023, 06:25 PM
jdmvette
Night Owl for life
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,370 Likes on 1,732 Posts

Originally Posted by killain
I spoke with some vendors and RPI and there isn't really a good source for the doomed emblems, there was this company 'World wide vettes international' I think that was their names and I seem to remember their website is still up , but I never got a answer from them after a number of emails from me. Back when I had my first C5, in 2004, there was a young guy who made the most perfect silicon doomed emblems, back then I got my first 50th Anniversary coupe, and I bought 2 sets of sill and steering wheel graphics emblems, I sold my car back in 2010, but I still have a set of the sill graphics which I'm going to install on this new 50th. Convertible i bought last year. But I remember he had some kind of personal sort of problem and he left his company and it closed. But I thought someone would pick up the product production , but I guess that never panned out and RPI has a few of them still left, and or they themselves are reproducing them, and I was able to purchase on of the silver ones, but Tammy wasn't able to tell me if they are able to keep producing them, sad cause this young guy, his work was truly out of this world, great detail and I don't think that's ever going to come back and as the C5 ages they are going to be even less available, and that leaves only the vinyl decals, and I don't feel they are much of an option ?
I remember that a company called Cyberdyne Graphics made those sweet domed emblems back in the day

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...el-emblem.html

I think they're long gone now
Old 04-06-2023, 07:28 PM
Sea Biscuit
Advanced

You are right, Cyberdyne Graphics did make them…I tried finding them but they seem to have gone out of business/no longer around.
Old 04-06-2023, 10:32 PM
jdmvette
Night Owl for life
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,370 Likes on 1,732 Posts

Originally Posted by Sea Biscuit
You are right, Cyberdyne Graphics did make them…I tried finding them but they seem to have gone out of business/no longer around.
if you really want something like this emblem to commemorate the anniversary on the steering wheel, it can be done in leather...just a bit more expensive then the decal though...

i bought my leather airbag cover from them and their work is top notch

https://apsisusa.com/c5-leather-parts-airbag-cover/

Get notified of new replies

To 2003 C5 Corvette Steering Wheel Domed Emblem

Quick Reply: 2003 C5 Corvette Steering Wheel Domed Emblem