Notices
C5 Parts for Sale/Wanted C5 Corvette Performance Parts, Superchargers, Turbo Kits, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, OEM, Aftermarket
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: C7 Carbon

Check Out The '97-05 C5 Corvette Big Brake Kits We Custom Build!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2005, 07:05 PM
0djjoby
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Check Out The '97-05 C5 Corvette Big Brake Kits We Custom Build!!!

Hey Guys!

At Precision Brakes Company, we are dedicated to providing the best in upgraded brake performance for all Corvettes on the road today.

Precision Brakes Company Corvette Brake Systems include everything you need to bolt them directly on to your car.

From the earliest C1 to the new C6, rely on us to deliver style and extreme stopping power for your Corvette.

Get anything from 2 piece replacement rotors and multi-piston calipers to 14" / 6 piston SUPER KITS.

We have over 150 Vette-specific applications!

When good Vette brakes aren't GOOD enough, call Precision Brakes Company.

We sell the below front kit for '97-05 C5 Corvettes. Here are the details:

Precision Brakes Company Front Brake Kit #14-GM-0086: $1699

This kit includes Precision Brakes Company 325mm x 32mm 2 Piece Rotors (which come zinc coated and can be ordered plain, cross drilled only, slotted only, or cross drilled and slotted at no additional charge,) Wilwood 6 Piston Superlite Calipers, Wilwood Polymatrix "Q" Compound Pads, Stainless Steel Flex Hoses, All Brackets, Hardware, Instructions, Etc., needed to install the kit on the vehicle.

This week (August 1st through August 7th,) we are offering a FREE SIX PACK OF WILWOOD 570 HI-TEMP BRAKE FLUID with the purchase of any Precision Brakes Company Brake Kit.

This is a HIGH PERFORMANCE BIG BRAKE KIT! Call me today!!!

It would only take us about 2-3 weeks to get any of our stock Precision Brakes Company Corvette Brake Kits out to you.

We always send our customers a template of the brake kit to put up to their wheel prior to shipping out our brake kits. That way we and the customer know for sure that the brake kit will fit your vehicle's rims.

I was unable to locate a picture of the above 325mm kit, but I have included a picture of what our 14" C5 Corvette Front Kits can look like so you can get a visual idea of what you would be buying.

Buying bigger and better is only a phone call and a friendly representative away!

If you have any questions, or want to place an order, do not hesitate to contact me at anytime!

I encourage viewers to post any questions they may have on this post!

Thank You!

Joe McLaren
Technical Sales Representative
Precision Brakes Company
866-992-7253 Toll Free
541-488-2604
541-482-2873 Fax
joe@precisionbrakescompany.com
www.precisionbrakescompany.com
Attached Images  
Old 08-04-2005, 07:47 PM
NOT-MEE
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cruise-In V Veteran
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06-'07

Are you actually increasing the braking surface?
If so how much more pad surface are we talking about?
I would like bigger rotors but also a bigger pad.
looking at you picture is there a system that will place a pad where the holes are?
Old 08-04-2005, 09:45 PM
5.0_CJ
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

well if surface area is your major concern, placing a pad over those holes really isnt going to help you tremeandously, and the rotor won't cool as well. I'm sure its been optimized well for stamina / performance.
Old 08-04-2005, 10:14 PM
NOT-MEE
Safety Car

Cruise-In V Veteran
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06-'07

Originally Posted by 5.0_CJ
well if surface area is your major concern, placing a pad over those holes really isnt going to help you tremeandously, and the rotor won't cool as well. I'm sure its been optimized well for stamina / performance.
I assume for more pad surface the rotor could be solid where holes are. .

Last edited by NOT-MEE; 08-04-2005 at 11:21 PM. Reason: Becuse i couldn't even understand my post
Old 08-04-2005, 10:50 PM
tlaselva
Safety Car

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by NOT-MEE
I was assuming it the pad surface was where holes were the rotor would be solid at that portion Like the rest of the rotor.
Looking at the size of the pads, I'd be willing to bet that they don't go into the inner part of the rotor were the large holes are. The holes server a dual purpose, not only for cooling, but reduction in rotating mass.

Any comparisons in weight with these rotors and rotors & calipers & stock?
Old 08-04-2005, 11:22 PM
NOT-MEE
Safety Car

Cruise-In V Veteran
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06-'07

edited my post
Old 08-04-2005, 11:49 PM
Rollin Black
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Hello.

I already have a pair of Wilwood 6 Piston front and 4 Piston rear Superlite Calipers from an older brake kit.

I would be interested in buying the mounting brackets, hardware and maybe rotors from you. Would you be willing to sell these part seperately?

How much would a pair of front and rear solid rotors cost (not cross drilled or slotted).

Also, can a guy use stock rotors in your kit?

Thanks, Perry
Old 08-05-2005, 01:43 PM
0djjoby
Former Vendor

Hello!
The pad size doesn't determine brake performance.

The rotor size and the number of pistons in the caliper as well as piston sizes determine clamping force.
The picture shows 14" rotors and the holes you see in the rotor are to lighten the weight on the rotor.

The pads would hit where you see the slots on this rotor, not where the holes are.

The rotor in the picture is what we would call a "slotted only" rotor.

Here is a generic picture of a 13" a Precision Brakes Company Drilled and Slotted Brake Brake Kit so you can see what the 13" rotor could look like in the C5 Front Kit I talked about in this post.
Attached Images  
Old 08-05-2005, 01:46 PM
0djjoby
Former Vendor

Quote Originally Posted by 5.0_CJ: "well if surface area is your major concern, placing a pad over those holes really isnt going to help you tremeandously, and the rotor won't cool as well. I'm sure its been optimized well for stamina / performance."

These are 2 Piece Directionally Veined Rotors and run very cool in either plain, cross drilled only, slotted only, or cross drilled and slotted. Being that they are 2 Piece rotors which utilize an aluminum mounting hat, they run much cooler than any 1 Piece stock size rotor.

Last edited by djjoby; 08-05-2005 at 01:55 PM.
Old 08-05-2005, 01:52 PM
0djjoby
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by tlaselva
Looking at the size of the pads, I'd be willing to bet that they don't go into the inner part of the rotor were the large holes are. The holes server a dual purpose, not only for cooling, but reduction in rotating mass.

Any comparisons in weight with these rotors and rotors & calipers & stock?
I don't have specifications that tell me the weight of your stock calipers or stock rotors, but the Wilwood 6 Piston Superlite Calipers only weigh in at 5 pounds and the Precision Brakes Company 2 Piece 13" Drilled and Slotted Rotors only weigh in at 16 pounds.

If you have ever picked up any OEM Caliper at all, you know that these usually weigh at least 10-15 pounds or more depending on the vehicle.
Old 08-05-2005, 02:07 PM
Rollin Black
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Rollin Black
Hello.

I already have a pair of Wilwood 6 Piston front and 4 Piston rear Superlite Calipers from an older brake kit.

I would be interested in buying the mounting brackets, hardware and maybe rotors from you. Would you be willing to sell these part seperately?

How much would a pair of front and rear solid rotors cost (not cross drilled or slotted).

Thanks, Perry
Hello, whe you get a chance could you answer my questions as well.

Thanks, Perry
Old 08-05-2005, 02:19 PM
0djjoby
Former Vendor

Hello.

Thanks, Perry
Hello Perry!

Why don't you shoot me an email at joe@precisionbrakescompany.com and let me know what exact kits you have on your vehicle.

Are they Wilwood Kits, or did someone custom make them for you using Wilwood parts? Once we figure this out, it will help me find individual parts for the kits.

If you can find the caliper part numbers for me(which are usually stamped on the Wilwood calipers,) I can look up the specifications to see what calipers they are exactly and what disc width rotors they can take.

If you could also let me know what size the rotors you currently have are (diameter and thickness,) what rotor bolt circle size you need, and the lug pattern you need, I can figure out what rotors and hats to sell you. All this information can fluctuate depending on the Wilwood kits you have installed on your C5.

We currently do make a Precision Brakes Company 97-05 C5 Corvette Kit that you can buy to just use with your stock rotors.

Here is the information:

Precision Brakes Company Production Front Brake Kit for ’97-05 C5 Corvette #14-GM-0085: $1199
(This kit will fit 17” wheels and larger.)

This kit works with 12.81" x 1.25" Stock Size Rotors (which are not included) Wilwood 6 Piston Superlite Calipers, Wilwood Polymatrix "Q" or “E” Compound Pads, Stainless Steel Flex Hoses, All Brackets, Hardware, Instructions, Etc., needed to bolt the kit right on the vehicle.
Old 08-05-2005, 02:22 PM
0djjoby
Former Vendor

Hello, whe you get a chance could you answer my questions as well.

Thanks, Perry
Hi Perry!
I must have been writing the response when you made this post...check out what I wrote and let me know if you have any questions at all!

Thanks!
Joe
Old 08-05-2005, 02:26 PM
Rollin Black
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by djjoby
Hi Perry!
I must have been writing the response when you made this post...check out what I wrote and let me know if you have any questions at all!

Thanks!
Joe
Hello Joe.

Great info, thanks!

I will gather up the info needed and email it to you.

Thanks again.

Perry
Old 08-05-2005, 02:59 PM
0djjoby
Former Vendor

Hello Joe.

Great info, thanks!

I will gather up the info needed and email it to you.

Thanks again.

Perry
Not a problem, Perry!

I look forward to hearing from you!

If you have any other questions, please let me know!

Thank You!

Joe McLaren
Precision Brakes Company
Old 08-05-2005, 03:29 PM
boatboatboat
Drifting

Joe I have an 04 c-5 and have already had 4 sets of rims/tires and I am always switching back and forth. So I want a big brake set up that will work with stock wagon wheel rims, and 18/19 inch ccw's and any other rims I may decide to run in the future. Is there any such set up out there?
Old 08-05-2005, 04:23 PM
0djjoby
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by boatboatboat
Joe I have an 04 c-5 and have already had 4 sets of rims/tires and I am always switching back and forth. So I want a big brake set up that will work with stock wagon wheel rims, and 18/19 inch ccw's and any other rims I may decide to run in the future. Is there any such set up out there?
Hello!

The front kit I described in the post that started this thread will fit stock size 17" rims because it has 12.81" x 1.25" 2 Piece Rotors. It will also fit in rims that are larger than 17". You never want bigger rotors in the rear than what you have up front.

We do make a rear kit that uses the same size rotors that are in the front kit (12.81" x 1.25"). For us to be able to build a kit for the rear of the C5 so that there was still an emergency brake set up in the kit, and so we could use 12.81" x 1.25" rotors, we had to use Wilwood Billet Superlite 4 Piston Radial Mount Calipers in the kit which makes the price jump up quite a bit. However, this is the only way we could set up a rear kit for the C5 using anything smaller than 14" rotors. Therefore we don't have any options on this.

The price for the rear kit would be $2799 and it would fit inside 17" or larger wheels (I believe 18" is stock for the rear on the C5.)

We also sell a 14" x 1.25" rear kit for the C5 which uses Wilwood Forged Dynalite 4 Piston Calipers and is priced at $1799 (this includes the emergency brake set up,) but you would need the same size rotors up front to make this kit work (which would require you have at least 18" wheels up front.) The front kit with 14" x 1.25" rotors sells for $1999 and uses Wilwood Superlite 6 Piston Calipers.

So to answer your question, yes there is a solution!

Thank You!

Joe

Last edited by djjoby; 08-05-2005 at 04:30 PM.
Old 08-05-2005, 06:43 PM
0djjoby
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by djjoby
Hello!

The front kit I described in the post that started this thread will fit stock size 17" rims because it has 12.81" x 1.25" 2 Piece Rotors. It will also fit in rims that are larger than 17". You never want bigger rotors in the rear than what you have up front.

We do make a rear kit that uses the same size rotors that are in the front kit (12.81" x 1.25"). For us to be able to build a kit for the rear of the C5 so that there was still an emergency brake set up in the kit, and so we could use 12.81" x 1.25" rotors, we had to use Wilwood Billet Superlite 4 Piston Radial Mount Calipers in the kit which makes the price jump up quite a bit. However, this is the only way we could set up a rear kit for the C5 using anything smaller than 14" rotors. Therefore we don't have any options on this.

The price for the rear kit would be $2799 and it would fit inside 17" or larger wheels (I believe 18" is stock for the rear on the C5.)

We also sell a 14" x 1.25" rear kit for the C5 which uses Wilwood Forged Dynalite 4 Piston Calipers and is priced at $1799 (this includes the emergency brake set up,) but you would need the same size rotors up front to make this kit work (which would require you have at least 18" wheels up front.) The front kit with 14" x 1.25" rotors sells for $1999 and uses Wilwood Superlite 6 Piston Calipers.

So to answer your question, yes there is a solution!

Thank You!

Joe
Hello Everybody!

Just wanted to let you all know that I was wrong on the price for the rear 12.81" x 1.25" C5 kit that we make. All my specifications for this kit are correct, but my pricing was way off.

We can sell the Precision Brakes Company Rear Brake Kit with 12.81" x 1.25" Rotors for the '97-05 C5 Corvette for only $1999. That's $800 less than what I had quoted earlier.

If anyone has any questions at all, please do not hesitate to contact me at any time!

Thank You!

Joe McLaren
Precision Brakes Company
866-992-7253
joe@precisionbrakescompany.com

Get notified of new replies

To Check Out The '97-05 C5 Corvette Big Brake Kits We Custom Build!!!

Quick Reply: Check Out The '97-05 C5 Corvette Big Brake Kits We Custom Build!!!