Notices
C5 Parts for Sale/Wanted C5 Corvette Performance Parts, Superchargers, Turbo Kits, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, OEM, Aftermarket
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: C7 Carbon

HRE 547R 18/19 combo w/new Nitto Invo Tires

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2013, 10:35 PM
JaxEagle
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jmac2354
What effect does no TPMS have, is this additional cost and or items that would need to be dealt with if these wheels are purchased for a 2001 Z06?
Unless you remove them from your current wheels then you can figure $50 per wheel for TPMS
Old 01-08-2013, 03:29 AM
IRON MAIDEN
Melting Slicks

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Shipping to 95608?
Old 01-08-2013, 06:10 PM
mig1980
Melting Slicks

Received 45 Likes on 41 Posts

I would contact HRE for this question just to make sure. They are very helpful on these types of questions.

Originally Posted by JaxEagle
With this size and offset, would they stick out from fender?

Also interested in tire date.

I need info asap as I am making a decision tomorrow, 1/8.
Old 01-08-2013, 06:11 PM
mig1980
Melting Slicks

Z06 cars did not come with TPMS so you don't need to worry about that.

Originally Posted by jmac2354
What effect does no TPMS have, is this additional cost and or items that would need to be dealt with if these wheels are purchased for a 2001 Z06?
Old 01-08-2013, 06:12 PM
mig1980
Melting Slicks

He did say $2600 shipped. You are local to me and those would look sweet on your car (I have the same setup but in 19 & 20").

Originally Posted by IRON MAIDEN
Shipping to 95608?
Old 01-08-2013, 06:49 PM
IRON MAIDEN
Melting Slicks

If thats the correct C5 offset I will take them.
Old 01-08-2013, 07:44 PM
mig1980
Melting Slicks

I don't know this member, nor am I in any way affiliated with the sale but if I were you, I would contact HRE to make sure. The last thing you want is to purchase a set of wheels and once they arrive, you see that they do not fit as expected. Good luck!

My calculations show these wheels fitting very close to the way c5 z06 wheels fit on a c5. The differences in offsets are very small (4mm less front and 2mm more rear). They should fit very well from what I can tell.

If thats the correct C5 offset I will take them.

Last edited by mig1980; 01-08-2013 at 07:52 PM. Reason: Offset calculations
Old 01-09-2013, 12:55 PM
IRON MAIDEN
Melting Slicks

Just called HRE and talked to them for a bit. Very good customer service. They couldn't pull the wheel order up as it had fallen out of their system. He said they must be at least 7 years old to be out of the system and by the fact these are no longer being made. he said they are a little heavier than their current model that replaced it but said they are around 21lbs for the 18's and 24lbs for the 19's. Not sure what factory C5 wheels weigh and if that's an improvement. But that a hell of a lot better than the Cast wheels I've been looking at.
They said the offsets are not exact and he called them conservative. He said the fronts should be fine as the wheels is wider than stock and the rear might need a thin spacer to bring it flush with the fender.
Think this is a done deal. I'm buying.
Old 01-09-2013, 01:09 PM
JaxEagle
Melting Slicks

Just called HRE and talked to them for a bit. Very good customer service. They couldn't pull the wheel order up as it had fallen out of their system. He said they must be at least 7 years old to be out of the system and by the fact these are no longer being made. he said they are a little heavier than their current model that replaced it but said they are around 21lbs for the 18's and 24lbs for the 19's. Not sure what factory C5 wheels weigh and if that's an improvement. But that a hell of a lot better than the Cast wheels I've been looking at.
They said the offsets are not exact and he called them conservative. He said the fronts should be fine as the wheels is wider than stock and the rear might need a thin spacer to bring it flush with the fender.
Think this is a done deal. I'm buying.
Congratulations!!! I came very close to buying these from Nate. It is an outstanding deal and very nice wheel you are getting. I am glad you got them and are done with it after all the back and forth we have done in the past few weeks with that thread on the General board. But, I must admit I am a bit jealous. That call you put into HRE was well worth the time. Nice work!! You must post pics on the General board once you get these wheels on!!!

I ended up with a TSW Nurburgring gunmetal/machine silver wheel with Bridgestone Re-11s.

I should have them on the car within a week and will also post them up!

Old 01-09-2013, 01:40 PM
IRON MAIDEN
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by JaxEagle
Congratulations!!! I came very close to buying these from Nate. It is an outstanding deal and very nice wheel you are getting. I am glad you got them and are done with it after all the back and forth we have done in the past few weeks with that thread on the General board. But, I must admit I am a bit jealous. That call you put into HRE was well worth the time. Nice work!! You must post pics on the General board once you get these wheels on!!!

I ended up with a TSW Nurburgring gunmetal/machine silver wheel with Bridgestone Re-11s.

I should have them on the car within a week and will also post them up!

Thanks. I was looking at those as well. Was ready to pull the trigger on some SR1 Apex series wheels but came back to these. Also looked at Forgestar F14 wheels and they are actually lighter than these? I was shocked when Forgestar sent me the wheel weights.
Make sure you post pics of your car in that thread. I bet it's gonna look good. I hope these work with my car.
Old 01-09-2013, 01:47 PM
mig1980
Melting Slicks

Good deal! They are going to look great. I have a C5 coupe with this model HRE wheel and they look awesome. Plus, there is nothing like a 3 piece polished wheel. If you get any damage that is light, it can be easily repaired. If it is serious, you don't need a whole new wheel, just the piece that is damaged. Good Luck!

Thanks. I was looking at those as well. Was ready to pull the trigger on some SR1 Apex series wheels but came back to these. Also looked at Forgestar F14 wheels and they are actually lighter than these? I was shocked when Forgestar sent me the wheel weights.
Make sure you post pics of your car in that thread. I bet it's gonna look good. I hope these work with my car.
Old 01-09-2013, 01:57 PM
JaxEagle
Melting Slicks

Forgestar is super light and great for the price and the only thing that discouraged me was waiting 2 months for the build for a wheel that is very similar to the TSW.

I'm sorry you won't have much trouble with your new wheels. Worst case is probably an insignificant little tweak. Can't wait to see them!!
Old 01-11-2013, 05:52 PM
RUQUICK
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sold! Thanks everyone for looking

Quick Reply: HRE 547R 18/19 combo w/new Nitto Invo Tires