C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

500rwhp, Z06, 10 second 1/4 mile? (What do you run with your heads and cam setups?)

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2005, 10:56 AM
jdetar
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

haha yeah.. not very serious at all. you're going to need quite a few more things than you had originally thought to run your 10s consistently.
Old 06-02-2005, 11:30 AM
NEPTUNEBILL
Melting Slicks

If Chris at ECS is nearby then you should talk to him about a more aggressive H/C setup--why a 115 lsa on your cam, the lift and duration sound good but large lsa I wonder, to get 500rwhp NA out of 346ci you will need the FAST 90mm intake and a 90mm TB, probably 1 7/8" kooks, a 3" exhaust system will help, a good set of stage 3 heads that will honestly flow over 330crm--I agree with all the statements on your drive train parts as well they will not hold up under a hard launch--if you can put a 16" ccw drag package thet will take a good bit off the clock--like some of the post say 10's do not require that much power but the setup is what counts, drag package 410 or 390 rear gear, HD rear end parts and tranny brace, the short times will have to be in the 1.5s and that will play hell on your drive line--you will probably come to the conclusion after breaking a lot of things that the irs based c5 is not a drag car and without back halfing the car you will never have the piece of mind that you will be driving it home, and back halfing the car will deff take away alot of the street ability and handling that make it a sports car--
Old 06-02-2005, 10:43 PM
Shawn MacAnanny
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Yeah I've been changing alot of my plans recently becuase of funding. IF I'm gonna do something im gonna do it right. For now im gonna do a cam only with all the bolt ons minus the intake manifold and TB. I have an LS6 intake and manifold so it should be good for now.
Old 06-02-2005, 11:09 PM
DsC5
Race Director

Take it to Chris at ECS, he'll do it right.
Old 06-03-2005, 07:52 PM
Mopar Jimmy
Team Owner

Location: Elmhurst, IL (West Suburb of Chicago) & Home of MEGA Horsepower
Received 586 Likes on 401 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06

Originally Posted by new vetter
You don't sound very serious about 10's........
He may be serious about 10s, but most likely will be very dissapointed and you better start saving for that drivetrain dragstrip breakage fund (as this sh it get EXPENSIVE FAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) I would at least get the DTE STRUT BRACE and minimize your chances of fragging your rear end and tranny case (been there and done that with an A4 C5 10 second something car with et streets on back)!!!!

Last edited by Mopar Jimmy; 06-03-2005 at 10:38 PM.

Quick Reply: 500rwhp, Z06, 10 second 1/4 mile? (What do you run with your heads and cam setups?)