C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

f1 stage 3 clutch or ACT 6 puck?

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2011, 12:04 AM
lil eric
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default f1 stage 3 clutch or ACT 6 puck?

just looking for opinions on these clutch kits from ebay. they are both priced pretty close. i have searched and found some posts on twin disk ACT but thats now what im looking for at this time. the car is heads and cam with supporting mods, dont know hp/tq.
i have the sticking clutch and am going to replace it.
so anybody with 1st hand knowlage of these please share your thoughts.
Old 02-23-2011, 08:00 PM
The Boy Racer
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Unless you are buying something with expertise, stay away, as much as you can from eBay when it comes to parts that can directly affect the performance (or failure) of your Vette.

I had a very, very nasty experience on a twin turbo Stealth. The part in question was a y pipe for the intake and seemed reputable enough. That is until it blew off and caused catastrophic damage (killed engine)

Try and stick with an actual vendor if possible, or at least make sure 100% the part numbers are correct.

On another note, I have a McCleod Twin Disk and love the fact I can street my monster and run in the 10s.

Quick Reply: f1 stage 3 clutch or ACT 6 puck?