C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hankook Ventus V12 evo K110

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2011, 09:18 AM
GiggityGiggity
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Hankook Ventus V12 evo K110

I need some feedback from the corvette community on these tires. Anyone using these on a C5Z? Thoughts?

I'm after the conti extremecontact DW but everyone seems to be back ordered with no eta and was suggested the hankooks by the dealer. Been doing some research but real world feedback is better.

Old 06-29-2011, 09:24 AM
stetab
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GiggityGiggity
I need some feedback from the corvette community on these tires. Anyone using these on a C5Z? Thoughts?

I'm after the conti extremecontact DW but everyone seems to be back ordered with no eta and was suggested the hankooks by the dealer. Been doing some research but real world feedback is better.

Read my post "need front tires 265/40/17 confused" by stetab

Should help you. I would buy the hankook V12 but they are not offered in stock sizes or close to stock sizes like 275/40/17
Old 06-29-2011, 09:31 AM
GiggityGiggity
Racer

Had a look, lucky for me I'm plus sizing to so they have the 275/35/18 and 305/30/19s I need. Im just not sold on the Hankooks when I compare them to the contis. Minimal price diff and the contis seem out perform the hankooks by a fair margin. doesnt blow the doors off the hankooks but definitely does give them a decent spanking from what I have been able to find.
Old 06-29-2011, 10:11 AM
rich goepfrich
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by GiggityGiggity
Had a look, lucky for me I'm plus sizing to so they have the 275/35/18 and 305/30/19s I need. Im just not sold on the Hankooks when I compare them to the contis. Minimal price diff and the contis seem out perform the hankooks by a fair margin. doesnt blow the doors off the hankooks but definitely does give them a decent spanking from what I have been able to find.
Sure do love my Conti's.
Old 06-29-2011, 10:22 AM
GiggityGiggity
Racer

Originally Posted by rich goepfrich
Sure do love my Conti's.
Im really disappointed that the contis arent available anywhere. makes me very sad. had my heart set on them. I may order and just bite the bullet till they make their way in. My only fear is I wont be able to run a new tire/wheel set up until next spring Need to find out more about the Hankooks first though.
Old 06-29-2011, 11:34 AM
had2have-it
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had to recently buy tires. Saw on the forum alot of positive info on the Hankooks. The budget in my house is close enough to where I figured the Hankooks were right for the price. If I could have spent more I may have wound up with the Conti DW's or Bridgestone 076's. No complaints about the evo's, good looking tire, nice tread pattern, and they ride good
Old 06-29-2011, 12:05 PM
mcm95403
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 225 Likes on 145 Posts

I bought the Hankooks a couple of months ago and I LOVE them! They stick very well, they're smooth, quiet and comfortable.
Old 06-29-2011, 12:50 PM
Bluefire
Le Mans Master

Received 45 Likes on 35 Posts

I purchased a set of Hankook Ventus R-S3 tires two months ago. They came in the sizes I needed (275/35/18 and 305/30/19). They work well in the rain. They were simply stellar on the track last week.
Old 06-29-2011, 01:20 PM
mre1974
Drifting

Received 330 Likes on 186 Posts

Originally Posted by stetab
Read my post "need front tires 265/40/17 confused" by stetab

Should help you. I would buy the hankook V12 but they are not offered in stock sizes or close to stock sizes like 275/40/17
That's the ONLY complaint I have about them also. They are not available in the stock C5Z sizes which means you're undersizing the width a tad bit. I don't know that it matters much for daily driving but for aggressive/spirited driving I want as much grip as possible. I have a set of the Ventus Evos on my VW GTI that is set up for autoX and I'm just amazed at how good these tires are for the price. I've had my GTI up on 3 wheels under hard cornering a couple of times and these tires just beg for more....and are VERY predictible at the edge of their limit. The only tire that I would get instead is the Dunlop SpecStar (which is much more costly and I don't know if they are available in 'Vette sizes).

Get notified of new replies

To Hankook Ventus V12 evo K110

Quick Reply: Hankook Ventus V12 evo K110