C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wideband 02 Sensor, where to install and route with headers?

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2011, 01:19 PM
n8dogg
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 327 Likes on 95 Posts

Default Wideband 02 Sensor, where to install and route with headers?

I have an LC-1 Wideband that I used to simulate the primary 02 sensor on the passenger side when I ran stock manifolds. I have recently installed long tubes and would like to put a wideband in to properly tune it. Does anyone have any pictures, know of a write up or can offer some advice in where in the long tubes is a good spot to drill and weld the 02 bung as well as how you routed the wires inside the car? I don't need to keep the WB installed since I have the narrowband back into place. I just need to install it for tuning only.
Old 06-30-2011, 03:21 AM
rustyguns
Le Mans Master

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by n8dogg
I have an LC-1 Wideband that I used to simulate the primary 02 sensor on the passenger side when I ran stock manifolds. I have recently installed long tubes and would like to put a wideband in to properly tune it. Does anyone have any pictures, know of a write up or can offer some advice in where in the long tubes is a good spot to drill and weld the 02 bung as well as how you routed the wires inside the car? I don't need to keep the WB installed since I have the narrowband back into place. I just need to install it for tuning only.
i put a bung on the drivers side just past the manifold connection, wires can go up near the clutch master mount on the firewall, but its tight
Old 07-04-2011, 11:15 AM
kp1
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

I deleted the rear 02 sensors in the PCM and put my fronts in the rear location allowing me to install the wideband in the front location(s) of the headers.
Old 07-04-2011, 02:54 PM
rustyguns
Le Mans Master

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by kp1
I deleted the rear 02 sensors in the PCM and put my fronts in the rear location allowing me to install the wideband in the front location(s) of the headers.
i am doing this next time!
Old 07-04-2011, 02:58 PM
099blancoss
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '10-'11-'12

I had it installed right after the first 02 bung in the header, I leave mine in full time.
Old 07-04-2011, 04:31 PM
Patches
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 891 Likes on 589 Posts

Did this several years back but it still works perfectly. I had to replace the sensor and reroute the wiring once when it loosened up and melted when it touched the header. I now have it secured nicely with 1200 deg. F shielding on the cable.

http://redshift.homestead.com/WBO2.html

Get notified of new replies

To Wideband 02 Sensor, where to install and route with headers?

Quick Reply: Wideband 02 Sensor, where to install and route with headers?