C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

T56 Rebuild

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2012, 04:25 PM
Badd LS6
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default T56 Rebuild

Whats up guys, lately i been having a problem with 3rd and 5th gear.. During a WOT pull 3rd gear doesnt like to go in most of the time...I recently changed out the clutch for a twin disk and the issue is still happening. My problem with 5th gear is that not all the time but sometimes it grinds going into gear..this happens during normal driving.

Last year the trans was replaced underwarranty, so theres not too many miles on this trans.. i would guess about 10k or less.

any opinions/ideas/tips on what is happening n what i need to upgrade would be great..
Old 04-22-2012, 05:17 PM
Rick@RKT Performance
Supporting Vendor

Received 154 Likes on 115 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12, '14-'15-'16-'17-'18

Originally Posted by Badd LS6
Whats up guys, lately i been having a problem with 3rd and 5th gear.. During a WOT pull 3rd gear doesnt like to go in most of the time...I recently changed out the clutch for a twin disk and the issue is still happening. My problem with 5th gear is that not all the time but sometimes it grinds going into gear..this happens during normal driving.

Last year the trans was replaced underwarranty, so theres not too many miles on this trans.. i would guess about 10k or less.

any opinions/ideas/tips on what is happening n what i need to upgrade would be great..
I would start with easy things first. Try the shifter alignment (majority of the issues are fixed with this procedure) if the drivetrain was removed recently.

When the transmission was replaced under warranty, was it a new GM unit that was installed?

If you still have issues after the shifter aligment, try changing the fluid. If that doesn't help, I would have the tranmission removed and have it looked at.

Quick Reply: T56 Rebuild