C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking for connector C140

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2021, 12:16 PM
stringalignment
Heel & Toe

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Looking for connector C140

Crank no start issue. Verified no fuel pressure at fuel rail.. Did verify that pump runs when connected directly to 12 volt source. Not a relay issue. Getting power to relay pin 87 but pump still won't run even when jumped to pin 30. Thus no 12 volts at gray wire on C408 at fuel pump. Am getting continuity from black wire on C408 to ground point G401. Pulled out fuse block and verified that all is good at connector C3 with gray wire pin A12. Getting continuity from socket 30 on relay to back of pin A12 on connector C3.

Appears I have a break or bad connector connection somewhere between C3 and C408. Next connector in line is C140. Need to check pin C gray wire on connector C140.

Where​​​ the heck is connector C140? Read somewhere that it's on the right side of engine compartment somewhere under the battery. But for the life of me I can't find it. In fairness I haven't crawled around under the car, given its position in the front of my house and and have only really been searching from the top of the engine. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 07-05-2021, 04:16 PM
C5 Diag
Moderator, Tech Contributor

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,236 Likes on 1,785 Posts

Welcome to the Forum …I see you filled out some of your info but it’s good to put all mods and a tune if you have one !!…C140 is a 10 pin connector..you also have C402 (10 pin also) before power gets down to C408…did you remove the battery tray also ??…if I had my car up on my Quick Jacks I’d look for it for you !!

Old 07-05-2021, 05:17 PM
stringalignment
Heel & Toe

Thanks C5 diag. I watched your video multiple times and talked to you on YouTube about this problem. You really helped me get as far as I am now. My 2002 automatic is bone stock, no tune or mods. I do have the battery and battery tray out and also have the fuse block where I can get to C1 C2 and C3. Everything seems fine there. Just trying to get to the next connector in line, C140, working my way toward FP.

Verified no problem with socket 30 (on relay) and pin A12 (gry wire) on C3.
Old 07-08-2021, 11:39 PM
stringalignment
Heel & Toe

Default Connector C408 is my problem.

Found my problem of no fuel to the fuel pump. Found connector c-140 and that wasn't the problem, turned out to be c402. Now the problem is how the heck do you get to it. I did well just to touch the connector and unconnected it and discovered that at least three of the wires have been severed, including the gray power feed wire. My understanding is you can't even remove the right hand exhaust without jacking the car up 25 inches or so. Wondering if anyone has done this job before or if anyone has factory service manual detailed instructions on what has to be removed. Any tips are advice would be greatly appreciated.

Female end of C408 the problem.

Male end of connector that goes to C408 at fuel pump seems to be fine.
The following users liked this post:
C5 Diag (07-09-2021)
Old 07-09-2021, 07:07 AM
C5 Diag

Support Corvetteforum!

Great that you found the problem but unfortunately the FSM isn’t going to give instruction on how to remove a connector…if that part of the connector is above the exhaust then you just have to remove it if you can…is your car kept outside ??…this may have been the result of rodent damage…keep us informed !!
Old 07-09-2021, 12:07 PM
stringalignment
Heel & Toe

Yes no doubt I'm going to have to remove the exhaust, but was concerned maybe have to remove more. Guess I won't know until I get in there. Yes the car has been outside and yes the rodents eat my bait as fast as I put it out. There is a drainage Creek behind our houses. The only mouse that I saw was dead in my garage, but I know they come and go. Did you say something about a quick Jack system that you had? I may have to invest in something to get up under this car safely and correctly. Would you have the name of the system so I can look online? Thanks.
Old 07-09-2021, 12:23 PM
C5 Diag

Support Corvetteforum!

Yes, I have a 5000 pound Quick Jack setup which I bought from Costco and every so often they go on sale…I purchased mine a few years ago for $900.00 and it’s the BEST for working underneath…will get you almost 2 feet in the air !!…video below !!

Last edited by C5 Diag; 07-09-2021 at 12:24 PM.
Old 07-09-2021, 12:48 PM
stringalignment
Heel & Toe

thanks. Watched the video and it certainly looks like the way to go if you're constrained to a conventional garage like I am. Thanks for the quick response.

Get notified of new replies

To Looking for connector C140

Quick Reply: Looking for connector C140