C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

window regulator adjustment help please

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2024, 08:09 AM
yellowGS
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

Default window regulator adjustment help please

I have replaced the regulator on my passenger side window. Before replacement, everything sealed well. Now, I can not seem to get the back vertical side of the glass to sit snug to the seal. I have a convertible FYI.
I have adjusted the lower bolt on the front out as far as i can, and I moved out the bottom threaded screw on the lower right to push the glass in tighter. Its sealed nicely along the front and top, just not the rear side.
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
Old 06-18-2024, 11:25 AM
jcgunn
Melting Slicks

Received 297 Likes on 194 Posts

Browse the forum for a write-up on how to do this. There are three adjusments: Fore/Aft, Up/Down and Tip In/Tip Out. For the vert, it is a process of trial and error. Use a garden hose to check for leaks and a drive test to check for wind noise.
Old 06-18-2024, 12:04 PM
MSG C5
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,728 Likes on 1,507 Posts
2022 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2021 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
Finalist 2020 C7 of the Year -- Modified
2020 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
C5 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019
2018 C5 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by jcgunn
Browse the forum for a write-up on how to do this. There are three adjusments: Fore/Aft, Up/Down and Tip In/Tip Out. For the vert, it is a process of trial and error. Use a garden hose to check for leaks and a drive test to check for wind noise.

It's pretty much a trial and error systematic fix. I had a similar issue on my driver side window after replacing the regulator. In hindsight, I should have marked the window with a wax pen or blue painters tape to make sure I reinstalled it in the exact position. Plan B is to take measurements from the other side and apply those measurements in your adjustment.

My advise is to keep the interior door panel removed while you make your adjustments. You will need to drive the car a few times until you no longer hear any extra noise of wind. That's what I did and I was able to press the glass and areas while driving to help reduce the noise. After I was satisfied, I then reinstalled the interior door panel.
Old 06-18-2024, 03:24 PM
ABN C5
Heel & Toe

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MSG C5

It's pretty much a trial and error systematic fix. I had a similar issue on my driver side window after replacing the regulator. In hindsight, I should have marked the window with a wax pen or blue painters tape to make sure I reinstalled it in the exact position. Plan B is to take measurements from the other side and apply those measurements in your adjustment.

My advise is to keep the interior door panel removed while you make your adjustments. You will need to drive the car a few times until you no longer hear any extra noise of wind. That's what I did and I was able to press the glass and areas while driving to help reduce the noise. After I was satisfied, I then reinstalled the interior door panel.
Went through the same process of trial and error with test drives. Make sure to get up to highway speeds before re installing door panel to make sure of no wind noise. Might possibly have to adjust the glass itself
Old 06-18-2024, 06:48 PM
yellowGS
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

Thanks for all the feedback. I’ve read the posts on the forums, and watched the videos. My particular issue is the vertical seal along the rear side of the glass. I was able to adjust the regulator to bring the glass in tight to the top, but it’s not moving the panel in perpendicular to the plane, it’s like the entire glass is slightly too far away from the seal along the rear of the glass. Not sure what other adjustments are available, the glass is perfectly adjusted front to back, and aligned to the seal along the entirely of the top from the front corner.

here are a few pictures:

Get notified of new replies

To window regulator adjustment help please

Quick Reply: window regulator adjustment help please