C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bulldog Remote start

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2004, 06:29 PM
Benpup
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Default Bulldog Remote start

ANyone installed one on a 99'?
Said I needed a Learning Bypass Module.
Have one by jbs Technologies in Ohio.
Anyone ever install?

Regards

Thanks

Jim
Old 12-06-2004, 10:28 PM
STA-BLK
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would never trust anything on my car exept Dei products.Viper,python and hornet are a few examples.You will only need a relay and a resistor the same value as the one in your key to do the bypass.Total costs of bypass at my store,1.75. Dont skimp on the bulldog stuff man.Go for the best,afterall,Its a vette!
Old 12-06-2004, 10:34 PM
Mike Mercury
Team Owner

Received 174 Likes on 108 Posts

I've used Bulldog remote starters on 4 different vehicles - and two more guys at work have them as well. They are a reliable - but basic - remote car starter.
Bulldog just started offering "T" harnesses to ease the installation.

I just ordered one for my 2003 S10. You can get them for really cheap at http://shallowpockets.com

I don't know how well or not - they work on Corvettes as I have never installed remote starters in any of the Vettes I have owned.
Old 12-06-2004, 10:42 PM
STA-BLK
Burning Brakes

My opinion is based mostly on the fact that ive pulled more of them off to replace them than any other brand besides designtech.Not a shabby unit but usually the problem lies in that not to many shops carry them or will install them so alot of folks "TRY" to install it themselves.Using the vhs tape that is usually supplied with it they botch it up so they think the unit is trash.
Doorlocks are the only hard part of the install since you will have to go into the door for the wires.Otherwise its a simple installation.I have all the info on wiring colors and locations of the wires if you need anything via a very large database called DEI directechs.
Old 12-07-2004, 02:20 AM
ditty22
Drifting

Best alarm/remotestart u can buy is a Compustar!!! hands down all day long trust me. Range is 4 times longer that all the rest and it works 100% of the time unlike other systems! laters adam

Get notified of new replies

To Bulldog Remote start

Quick Reply: Bulldog Remote start