C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone choose their color with RESALE VALUE in mind?

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2015, 12:51 PM
owc6
Team Owner

Received 4,203 Likes on 2,689 Posts

Originally Posted by yellow427
A big corvette dealer once talked me out of buying an Atomic Orange corvette because he kept insisting the re-sale value wouldn't be as much as the other colors-----he emphasized that he would offer me less when the time came for me to trade it in to him........so I got a beautiful Monteray Red------which I traded in 2 years later for an Atomic Orange Z06. The Atomic Orange ALWAYS got positive comments (folks loved it--especially those under 40). Best looking car I ever owned.............and it was a very sought after color when I traded it in (got more for it than I would have if it was another color). Bottom line----buy what you want and enjoy it.........life is too short to worry about the trade-in value because of the color of a car.
Seems the dealer got his tactics backward; he should have offered you a hefty discount to take the orange one off his hands, since it's worth so little.

I've never considered the resale value of the color of a car when purchasing it (my most recent is LRG). I buy, and drive, a car for me, and let the trade-in/resale value chips fall where they may. I also paint the walls in my house the color I want to live with, not some "neutral" color that may make the next owner happy.

Quick Reply: Anyone choose their color with RESALE VALUE in mind?