C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Connecticut C6 people - best CT roads ???

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2007, 05:31 PM
Vet
Melting Slicks

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

Default Connecticut C6 people - best CT roads ???

C6 Connecticut friends,

I've ridden / driven through CT hundreds of times and know pretty much all the "common" scenic CT roads. Some sections I like a lot are:

-Route 7, northern half (possibly the most popular scenic road in the state - which can be a bad thing on a weekend)

-Route 44, west of Winsted

-Route 20 over the top of Barkhamsted Reservoir and the other roads that surround the reservoir (passing Saville Dam, etc)

-67 and 317 between Woodbury and New Milford

-And many of the other roads designated as "scenic" by most common maps (41 in the north west corner of the state, and other roads between Litchfield and New Milford such as 109, 209, 199, etc)

-Sometimes even go across the top of the state on 20 and 190, then down the east side of the state on 169

What I'm searching for now are some of the more "hidden gems". I'm sure you Connecticut C6 boys know of some good places to let your C6s run. I know there are a lot of cool roads that are either not listed on common atlas maps, or not designated as "scenic"... thus hard to find without a recommendation.

I'm looking for good smooth twisty hilly roads, preferably with some decent scenery, whether farm fields, lakes, streams, mountains, etc. All speed limits welcome.

Throw us a few tips please! Thanks!

(Just did a CT run this past Saturday... went past Candlewood Lake from Danbury (37, 39), then up on 45, 341, 4, etc... then hit 7 and 44 too, etc, pretty nice stuff! The only bad thing is that it seems that CT's speed limits are FAR too conservative... however, the good news is that I noted most local people driving well over the limit and saw no speed traps anywhere, other than on the main highways like 8. They'll surely getcha on 8 tho, they love picking off all the suckers speeding down trying to make the ferry! Many of my cycle friends have been snagged that way.)
Old 06-18-2007, 08:49 PM
Zoltan
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Exit 44 off the Merritt Parkway go north on RT 58 past big reservoir on your right with massive pine trees.. smell the air...ahhh.
At RT 136 intersection take your pick, left straight or right.
Taking a right, cross over reservoir great run through the woods to a general store on your right at stop sign. This is Easton. Great little town. Very scenic. Get lost you'll enjoy it. Find North Street nearby,
it goes back around the res. on a new route down to North Park Ave.
and the entrance to Exit 47 of the Merritt Parkway.
Then do it again, grab some fresh produce at Aspetuck Valley Orchard
or Silvermans farm along the way. Almost a time warp.

I have a silver C6 also.

Last edited by Zoltan; 06-18-2007 at 08:51 PM.
Old 06-18-2007, 11:05 PM
Mr Valet
Pro

Originally Posted by Vet
C6 Connecticut friends,

I've ridden / driven through CT hundreds of times and know pretty much all the "common" scenic CT roads. Some sections I like a lot are:

-Route 7, northern half (possibly the most popular scenic road in the state - which can be a bad thing on a weekend)

-Route 44, west of Winsted

-Route 20 over the top of Barkhamsted Reservoir and the other roads that surround the reservoir (passing Saville Dam, etc)

-67 and 317 between Woodbury and New Milford

-And many of the other roads designated as "scenic" by most common maps (41 in the north west corner of the state, and other roads between Litchfield and New Milford such as 109, 209, 199, etc)

-Sometimes even go across the top of the state on 20 and 190, then down the east side of the state on 169

What I'm searching for now are some of the more "hidden gems". I'm sure you Connecticut C6 boys know of some good places to let your C6s run. I know there are a lot of cool roads that are either not listed on common atlas maps, or not designated as "scenic"... thus hard to find without a recommendation.

I'm looking for good smooth twisty hilly roads, preferably with some decent scenery, whether farm fields, lakes, streams, mountains, etc. All speed limits welcome.

Throw us a few tips please! Thanks!

(Just did a CT run this past Saturday... went past Candlewood Lake from Danbury (37, 39), then up on 45, 341, 4, etc... then hit 7 and 44 too, etc, pretty nice stuff! The only bad thing is that it seems that CT's speed limits are FAR too conservative... however, the good news is that I noted most local people driving well over the limit and saw no speed traps anywhere, other than on the main highways like 8. They'll surely getcha on 8 tho, they love picking off all the suckers speeding down trying to make the ferry! Many of my cycle friends have been snagged that way.)

Flatbush Avenue between avenue H and Kings Highway.
Old 06-18-2007, 11:20 PM
Vet
Melting Slicks

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr Valet
Flatbush Avenue between avenue H and Kings Highway.
Over my dead body!
Old 06-18-2007, 11:39 PM
UpToVT
Pro

Ill second that route, since its in my hometown. You can also try wrapping around Rt 58 towards danbury and then down on rt 53 back towards Rt 15. OR you can try

Along the coast of westport into southport and fairfield and black rock. That gets a bit more complicated

Originally Posted by Zoltan
Exit 44 off the Merritt Parkway go north on RT 58 past big reservoir on your right with massive pine trees.. smell the air...ahhh.
At RT 136 intersection take your pick, left straight or right.
Taking a right, cross over reservoir great run through the woods to a general store on your right at stop sign. This is Easton. Great little town. Very scenic. Get lost you'll enjoy it. Find North Street nearby,
it goes back around the res. on a new route down to North Park Ave.
and the entrance to Exit 47 of the Merritt Parkway.
Then do it again, grab some fresh produce at Aspetuck Valley Orchard
or Silvermans farm along the way. Almost a time warp.

I have a silver C6 also.
Old 06-20-2007, 12:11 AM
Mr Valet
Pro

Originally Posted by Vet
Over my dead body!

It is an area to die for!

Get notified of new replies

To Connecticut C6 people - best CT roads ???

Quick Reply: Connecticut C6 people - best CT roads ???