C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What is VICS option for Head unit?

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2019, 11:07 AM
ptankersley
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thank you!

Originally Posted by Dcasole
Your head unit will work fine once you "marry " it to your car

There is no need to enter an option code when pairing it to your vehicle , all you are doing is removing the old car that it was installed in serial number and then the next car the unit is installed in it will marry upon 1st start , this is part of the theft lock

Dave
Dave,

This is out of ignorance regarding my new vehicle. When you say “removing old car” do I need the vin of the old vehicle or the system won’t ask me for that number? I do not have the vin number for the doner vehicle and if I need it I have some calls to make. If entering the new vin number and restart is all the data that is required that is great. Again thank you for supplying me with this data. It sounds like this will be an easy swap.

Thank you,

Pete Tankersley
Old 05-28-2019, 11:21 AM
Dcasole
Le Mans Master

Received 2,343 Likes on 1,696 Posts

Nope u dont need the old VIN , the TECH II will erase the vin that is currently in the unit and then after installation the unit will pull your serial number on the first startup .

Dave
Old 05-28-2019, 12:33 PM
dave.f
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Dcasole
Nope u dont need the old VIN , the TECH II will erase the vin that is currently in the unit and then after installation the unit will pull your serial number on the first startup .

Dave
Is there any way to remove the old VIN without the use of a Tech II, anyone know if a Snap-On Solus has that capability? I purchased on eBay a nav unit, center console, and necessary harnesses, but held off installing because of needing Tech II, not fond of the local dealership!

Thanks,

Dave F.

Quick Reply: What is VICS option for Head unit?